What was the last film you watched | Page 480 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Entombed starring Martine Johansen, Grethe Mikaelsen & Herbrand Larsen.

In the near future, a pandemic has broken out and civilization has collapsed. Seamus is on a desperate run and dangers loom everywhere. By accident he comes across a subterranean shelter.

Creepy thriller from Norway - but in English. Not bad but a bit 'wooden'. 6/10

I think you've just got the news on mate. Easy mistake...
:jangel:

The Midnight Sky - George Clooney. Shit.

Have Netflix ever made a decent film?

Masters of the boxset, but their films are dog poo.

Masters of the boxset, but their films are dog poo.

I was going to put that on earlier and changed it to Intolerable Cruelty which also stars Clooney but has Catherine Zeta Jones in it (woof). It's not great either. It's by the Cohn Brothers but it never really gets beyond quirky. 6.5/10

I watched Southpaw the other night. I'm not into boxing and there are a few plot holes but it's a good film and quite an emotional one. 7.5/10

Watched a film called Ad Astra last night, Starring Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones & Ruth Negga.

Astronaut Roy McBride undertakes a mission across an unforgiving solar system to uncover the truth about his missing father and his doomed expedition that now, 30 years later, threatens the universe.

A bit drawn out (almost 2 hours) but a decent enough adventure/drama based in the near future. 7/10

Bright Hill Road starring Siobhan Williams, Michael Eklund & Agam Darshi.

When a misstep after a workplace shooting puts alcoholic Marcy on leave, she heads out to see her sister in California. Halfway there, she stops for a couple of days at the Bright Hill Road...

Classed as a horror, but not for me, more of a mystery/thriller. Whatever, it's ok I suppose. 6/10

The Social Dilema on Netflix. Documentary drama type thing about how social media is changing all of us for the worse.

Well worth a watch... Fascinating. Makes you want to just ditch it all.. Then 5 minutes after it had finished I was on Facebook. :slap:

The Social Dilema on Netflix. Documentary drama type thing about how social media is changing all of us for the worse.

Well worth a watch... Fascinating. Makes you want to just ditch it all.. Then 5 minutes after it had finished I was on Facebook. :slap:

Will mark that one to watch then.

As for:

Not many are there? And agree on Midnight Sky, posted the other week, I tried and soon turned it off.

Will mark that one to watch then.

As for:

Not many are there? And agree on Midnight Sky, posted the other week, I tried and soon turned it off.
From what I've seen I'd say there's a couple of exceptions such as The Irishman, Roma and El Camino.

From what I've seen I'd say there's a couple of exceptions such as The Irishman, Roma and El Camino.

Oh yes, I had forgotten The Irishman was netflix, that is a fabulous film. El Camino, (had to google, my memory is shot) agreed.

Roma?

There has been the odd one, can't remember what it was but seem to recall saying there was a decent film in this thread a page or two back.

Being my usual cheapskate self I often look for free films on YouTube.
I recently came across "Woman of Straw" with Gina Gotalotofit and Sean Connery.
I hadn't seen it for many years but enjoyed it greatly. SC was always very believeable as a nasty piece of works.
Another one I liked was "The Ipcress File" with Michael Caine.

7500 - on Amazon Prime.

"When terrorists try to seize control of a Berlin-Paris flight, a soft-spoken American co-pilot struggles to save the lives of the passengers and crew while forging a surprising connection with one of the hijackers."

Hour and a half, decent, nothing special. 7/10 at best.

I'm watching Punisher all over again at the minute, love the series, and if you haven't seen it worth a watch, it's classed as a Marvel but it's not a marvel at all, no super powers etc.

Flight, on Netflix. Brilliant performance from Denzil Washington.
7.7 / 10, well worth a watch

NB. Quite a topical watch if you are doing dry January .

Last edited:
Anna - it's still on but I've given up on it. It's about a supermodel who is also a spy and a superhero. She takes on armies of fellas and never gets a scratch. It's boring.