What was the last film you watched | Page 481 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Dolemite is my name.

True story based on the life of American comedian Rudy Ray Moore, played by Eddie Murphy.

Really enjoyed it. Loved the story, and was pretty funny.

That's 2 decent Netflix offerings in a row now having slagged it off last week.

Man On A Ledge - a guy stands on the ledge of a building looking like he's going to jump but there is something else going on. It's decent. 7/10

I'm watching The Social Dilema. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly since I'm not eligible to vote in Malaysia. They credit FB with a lot of influence but FB is a declining power in my eyes. I check my FB feed every day but probably spend less than a minute on there. There is just nothing going on there any more.

Outside The Wire - the good guys have robot soldiers, the bad guys have robot soldiers. The should have had a cameo from Craig Charles and called it Robot Wars.

Seriously though, it's good. Probably the best Netflix original so far. 8/10

Official Secrets - Keira Knightley, Matt Smith, Ralph Fiennes

True story about a GCHQ whistleblower in the lead up to the Iraq war in 2003. Decent actually, flew by - 7.5/10

Shock and Awe - Woody Harrelson, Rob Reiner, Tommy Lee Jones

A group of journalists of the Knight-Ridder news service covering President George W. Bush's planned invasion of Iraq in 2003 are skeptical of the President's claim that Saddam Hussein has "weapons of mass destruction."

Again, very watchable - 8/10

21 Bridges - Chadwick Boseman, Sienna Miller

An embattled NYPD detective is thrust into a citywide manhunt for a pair of cop killers after uncovering a massive and unexpected conspiracy.

Enjoyed that, and only a tad over 90 minutes - 8/10

Under Suspicion - Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Monica Bellucci

A wealthy attorney in San Juan comes to the police station for "10 minutes" of follow-up questions to finding a 12-year-old girl's body in a park. Another young girl was also raped and murdered weeks earlier and the evidence points to him.

From 2000, amazed I'd not seen this before - 7.5/10