What was the last film you watched | Page 435 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Octopussy

Bond numero 13. I remember bits of this as kid, for some reason that stuffed sheeps head dinner stands out. Yuck. Overall better than I expected as I had heard it was one of the shitter ones. Not great, but fairly enjoyable. One more Moore film left, the one I remember most, A View To A Kill, and then the Timothy Dalton ones. Looking forward to those as he was the real Bond I remember as a wee chap.

6.5/10

Rambo Last Blood

Really happy I’ve seen it on the big screen

Great farewell to the franchise

11/10

They just don’t make films like this often anymore and I suspect when Arnie, Sly, Bruce, SS, Chuck are gone we will not see any

Enjoy while you can

Joker - incredible film but you'll be disappointed if you are hoping for a superhero film. It tells the story of his dissent from being a struggling man into complete madness. It gives a credible backstory to an incredible character. Joaquin Phoenix is nailed on for best actor. As you can imagine, it's not a very nice film to watch but in a world of by the numbers superhero films it's totally unique and amazing to watch. 9/10

Joker - incredible film but you'll be disappointed if you are hoping for a superhero film. It tells the story of his dissent from being a struggling man into complete madness. It gives a credible backstory to an incredible character. Joaquin Phoenix is nailed on for best actor. As you can imagine, it's not a very nice film to watch but in a world of by the numbers superhero films it's totally unique and amazing to watch. 9/10

A true masterpiece of a film, will go again probably it was that good. Can not get here comes the clown out of my head. Have to
Give it a 10

Did you clock the Monkhouse joke

Last edited:
A true masterpiece of a film, will go again probably it was that good. Can not get here comes the clown out of my head. Have to
Give it a 10

Did you clock the Monkhouse joke

I can't say I'm that familiar with the work of Bob Monkhouse.

To Catch a Thief (1955 )
I love these old but fantastic films so rich in dialogue and etiquette , that is lost now a days .

IT - Chapter 2.

It's basically IT Chapter 1 without the quirkiness of a child cast.

I felt like I was watching Jumanji at times.

Disappointing.

4.43 out of 9.95

Hanna - Saoirse Ronan is a genetically modified teenager who the CIA want to kill because the research programme she was part of was terminated. It's okay. Lots of action.

6.5/10

A View To A Kill

Bond No.14. I'm going to be totally biased with this one, it was the one I saw most as a kid so it's more a nostalgic thing. Watching years later....still love it! Even though Roger Moore must have been around 80 at the time, I think it was a decent one for him to end on. It was probably the first movie I saw Christopher Walken in too and he makes a great villain because he's nuts anyway.

70's Show blonde mom and Alison Doody, hubba hubba!! I'd give Grace Jones one too even though she's quite scary looking in most of it.

And has to be my favourite Bond theme too by Duran Duran, classic.

8/10

Killing Them Softly

Seen it when it came out, but it was better second time around, didn't really pick up much on the political undertones first time as obvious as they are when you see it again. Great little mob movie.

8.5/10

The Living Daylights

Bond No.15, and the first of the two Timothy Dalton movies. He was my favourite Bond as a kid.....and still is. He's just classy. A more serious take with less of the puns and gags etc. It could be the original gritty reboot that we see so much of these days.

Love how the Aston Martin is so "gadget-ized", it's almost like the Batmobile. And this Bond respects women! He doesn't sleep around!

8.7/10

The Living Daylights

Bond No.15, and the first of the two Timothy Dalton movies. He was my favourite Bond as a kid.....and still is. He's just classy. A more serious take with less of the puns and gags etc. It could be the original gritty reboot that we see so much of these days.

Love how the Aston Martin is so "gadget-ized", it's almost like the Batmobile. And this Bond respects women! He doesn't sleep around!

8.7/10

And a top-notch theme song as well!

The Living Daylights

8.7/10

What's the point of a Bond that respects women? It's a male fantasy about shagging all the birds and shooting bad guys in the face and cracking off one liners.

Breaking Bad Movie: El Camino

Thought it was very decent, some seem to be saying 'meh' on social media. Not really sure what they were expecting.

4.25/4.999