What was the last film you watched | Page 564 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

I've never considered Seinfeld a comedian. I loved the show, but I also can't stand that Larry David thing you lot have banged on about - Curb Your Enthusiasm is it?

Anyway, got the youngest to watch Trading Places tonight. The final summation was 'I'd watch that again' 'the joke was on the idiots'.

Didn't need a bullshit trigger warning or any of that bollocks.

So American Pie next.

Couldn't stand it PMSL

I've never considered Seinfeld a comedian. I loved the show, but I also can't stand that Larry David thing you lot have banged on about - Curb Your Enthusiasm is it?

Anyway, got the youngest to watch Trading Places tonight. The final summation was 'I'd watch that again' 'the joke was on the idiots'.

Didn't need a bullshit trigger warning or any of that bollocks.

So American Pie next.

Couldn't stand it PMSL

Watcher

A young American actress moves to Bucharest with her husband, and begins to suspect that a stranger who watches her from an apartment window may be a serial killer.

Really good film, quite tense, and it does make you see the anxiety women must feel with so much creeps out there,

8/10

The Fall Guy - Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt star in this action/comedy/romance film. We went to the cinema and this was the only English film that had decent reviews.

I enjoyed it. It's not going to change your life but it's very entertaining. It's a light hearted kind of film. 7.5/10

The Fall Guy - Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt star in this action/comedy/romance film. We went to the cinema and this was the only English film that had decent reviews.

I enjoyed it. It's not going to change your life but it's very entertaining. It's a light hearted kind of film. 7.5/10

That the Trueman 'like' rif but AI based?

Seven Psychopaths.

Much much better than I remember it first time round. Think the hype destroyed it when it came out but watched it again and it's actually very good.

Shotgun Stories

About a feud between two sets of half-brothers in rural Arkansas. It's Jeff Nichols first film, he went on to write and direct Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special, Loving and the upcoming The Bikeriders.

I really like his films, and all of them seem to have Michael Shannon in them, who's a good actor.

8.5/10

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

I kind of liked Afterlife because it redeemed the franchise after that 2016 turd, but this just irritated me. If it wasn't for the old boys turning up again I wouldn't give a shit. Irritating teenagers and James fucking Acaster have no place in a Ghostbusters movie.

4/10

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

I kind of liked Afterlife because it redeemed the franchise after that 2016 turd, but this just irritated me. If it wasn't for the old boys turning up again I wouldn't give a shit. Irritating teenagers and James fucking Acaster have no place in a Ghostbusters movie.

4/10

Loved the female reboot because it was totally different with nods but I'm glad it was a one off.

I found Afterlife enjoyable, but it was way too forced - albeit I get the Harold elements and did think it was a nice tribute.

Sounds like I'll enjoy the next one but still find it hugely disappointing. Acaster's casting intrigues me, I like him as a comedian, but I can't see how he fits.

Loved the female reboot because it was totally different with nods but I'm glad it was a one off.

I found Afterlife enjoyable, but it was way too forced - albeit I get the Harold elements and did think it was a nice tribute.

Sounds like I'll enjoy the next one but still find it hugely disappointing. Acaster's casting intrigues me, I like him as a comedian, but I can't see how he fits.

I think Afterlife should have been a one off too, but that's never going to happen is it, they're probably going to run this into the ground until the rest of the original Ghostbusters are dead.

But if you liked the female reboot and James Acaster and irritating teenagers then you'll probably like this, lol

That's my fear, ala Star Wars, I enjoy them but it's just not the same. I know it won't be, I'm not as dumb as that original magic isn't there, but it's why I liked the female one off, and Rogue 1 for example - it was fresher and new scripts. It wasn't a new take on a script and plot that should've been left as being perfect.

If that makes sense?

PMSL, I don't see how Acaster fits as an actor (particularly in this), much as I like him, and I get why Egon's granddaughter is on the scale for her obsession and focus - but it was still forced, but sort of worked.

My issue with Afterlife was daughter, Rudd as a weird fucking teacher, the batshit Podcast kid, and the forcing of the 'team' and how they grew balls from basically nothing other than 'being kids' and my memory of the original films, as I knew where it was going.

It's why I hate reboots who skirt too close to the original.

I quite liked Frozen Empire. Just more of the same following Afterlife really.

I refused to watch the female one and never will.

Elysium

Seen it once before, can't believe it's 11 years ago, I enjoyed it more the second time round. Such a shame Neil Blomkamp's Alien film was cancelled, his visual style would have been perfect for it.

8/10