What was the last film you watched | Page 408 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Bandarsnatch - it's an interactive Black Mirror film. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure film. It's good but weird and dark. It's a very novel experience. It's like a computer game and film mixed together.

My 16 yo twin daughters are raving about it and telling me I'd enjoy it. Might give it a go (y)

Went to see "Stan and Ollie", the story of Laurel and Hardy's final performances during a tour of Britain in 1953, last night.

Fantastic performances from the entire cast and both moving and uplifting at the same time. Nina Arianda (as Stan's wife) delivers most of the laughs outside of Coogan and Reilly's superb replication of the stage act.

Recommended to all but a must for anyone like me who enjoyed watching the reruns of Laurel and Hardy classics on TV in the 60s and 70s. So sad that they were ripped off by Hal Roach and never received a penny from the TV rights.

Went to see "Stan and Ollie", the story of Laurel and Hardy's final performances during a tour of Britain in 1953, last night.

Fantastic performances from the entire cast and both moving and uplifting at the same time. Nina Arianda (as Stan's wife) delivers most of the laughs outside of Coogan and Reilly's superb replication of the stage act.

Recommended to all but a must for anyone like me who enjoyed watching the reruns of Laurel and Hardy classics on TV in the 60s and 70s. So sad that they were ripped off by Hal Roach and never received a penny from the TV rights.
My grandad god rest his soul went to see them at the Aston hippodrome next to the Barton's which he lived very near to, think that was the tour before the final tour though, would love to have seen them live and will go and see this movie

Someone recommended Game Night to me. Can't remember who to be honest, probably someone I usually ignore.

Quite decent, I think I'd give it 6.7894 maybe even 6.8236

The Vanishing starring Gerard Butler, Peter Mullan & Connor Swindells.

Three lighthouse keepers on the remote Flannan Isles find a hidden trunk of gold, leading to their mysterious disappearance.

Bit of a slow burning, atmospheric mystery/thriller. Pretty good actually. 7/10

Well, I made the pilgrimage to Redditch today to see Stan and Ollie.

I can only echo Northamptonvillan really. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster at times and brilliantly acted. Steve Coogan got Stan Laurel off to a tee.... his facials and actions were spot on and Jon C Reilly wasn't far behind either, just that he had less comedy actions than Stan because Stan was the "stooge". Definately recommended.... Highly! 9/10

Mission To Lars

Nice little documentary about a guy called Tom from Bristol who has Fragile X syndrome, a severe learning disability, whose hero is Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.

His older sister and younger brother plan a trip to the US where they hope Tom will get to meet Lars.

Quite touching. I definitely didn't well up a bit. Some bastard left a plate of chopped onions on the table nearby.