What was the last film you watched | Page 407 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Stardust.

It was on Sky Movies earlier and had just started, so I let it run. Hadn't seen it since it came out and I forgot how much I'd enjoyed it actually. Good cast - Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert de Niro, among others.

8/10 I'd say.

I watched 2 today; Mary Poppins Returns and Outlaw King.

Mary Poppins is excellent. I loved the original as a kid and this one really captured the essence of it. Emily Blunt was great as Mary. 9/10

Outlaw King is good. It's hard not to compare it to Braveheart which is an excellent film but the story follows on from where William Wallace left off so I suppose it's natural. It's definitely not as good as Braveheart but it is a pretty good film. 7/10

After watching the above and enjoying it I've decided that I really need to give the whole Marvel Universe thing more of a go. Apart from Antman and Deadpool and Spiderman (is spiderman part of it?) I've just never really bothered with it before yet I think I might like it if I tried.

So, found this website which tells you which order to watch the films in so that they make more sense -

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-order-avengers-4/

Just watched Captain America: The first avenger.

Yeah.... decent enough I suppose. But these superhero things are all pretty samey aren't they.

Iron Man next and I'm already predicting I'll be bored by film 3 or 4

Some are OK but for sure they are samey and have been far too many. Hollywood seems totally stuck on comic book films and not much else and have been for five odd years.

Yeah its a huge cash cow and they are making hay while the sun shines I suppose.

Universal Studios is now pretty much Marvel land in Orlando.

Quite liked a few of the iron man ones, then as you assume in your post above, they get very samey

Watched Unbreakable tonight and will be watching Split tomorrow night in preparation for Glass which is out on Friday.

I watched Pineapple Express again because I watched it around 10 years ago and didn't think much of it.

Enjoyed it a lot more second time around. Seth Rogan, James Franco, Danny McBride etc. They'll never win any Oscars but they entertain me.

Watched Split last night and it is on IPTV (Horror section on the old IPTV)

It is genius. If Mcevoy didn't win loads of awards for that he was robbed!

Don't think it is on my iptv, will have another look but did go to 'all' section and it wasn't there. It is on sky to buy but I don't want to buy it.

The Legend of Halloween Jack starring Jason Gregg, Jo Hart & Lee Bane.

On Halloween night, a serial killer returns from the dead to take revenge on the vigilantes who put him to death one year earlier.

Supposed to be a horror/thriller, but I found it rather funny. British B movie, just, it could be a C movie. 3/10

Really struggling to find any I'm interested in. Watched Jonny English the other night, just the same-old same-old basically, few half a chuckle moments but it's all been done before.

Probably been discussed already, but I have only just got around to watching "Darkest Hour" - quite a moving film. It does have some resonance with "Dunkirk" and I might go back and watch that again.
I did think that "Darkest Hour" ended abruptly and I am wondering if there will be a sequel?