What was Lamela's last good game that he started? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What was Lamela's last good game that he started?

Sorry..in fact I'm not sorry Rich is right. And Moura is playing through injury by the way.

Agreed we need better...but like Scott says and I agree with him...in the list of issues that need fixed on the team I don't know if Lamela is #1. Yeah if we can fix all the problems, then sure it is an area that needs addressed.

Agreed we need better...but like Scott says and I agree with him...in the list of issues that need fixed on the team I don't know if Lamela is #1. Yeah if we can fix all the problems, then sure it is an area that needs addressed.

The Lamela ‘issue’ has needed fixing for five years that puts him near the top of the list.

Well, none of our “issues” are going to be fixed this season so can we just agree that Lamela is better when he comes off the bench than when he starts and stop worrying about it.

I don’t like these threads picking on individual players.....opinions about individual performances during a game are a different thing imo.

Said this before but our quintet of Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela should be appreciated. We've only had that luxury since the second half of last season and they bring variety. It should be "one out, one in" from this point so we never dip below having 5 AM's. It held us back before.

If there's better out there then I'm all for an upgrade. Having a more robust Lamela type player with more goals in them, but the same work ethic and versatility is tough to find though. Not priority in the squad though.

I'm also remembering Son's first full year with us and what happened after. That's where I'm hoping Moura can get to under Poch's nurturing.

Sorry..in fact I'm not sorry Rich is right. And Moura is playing through injury by the way.

He's not right , 18 months injured not playing, how can you be average if your not on the pitch. ? First year he was below average mentally and physically so that's another year off the 6 and incorrect he was below average. Second season started to improve, then bulked up and had a couple of good seasons , had serious hip surgery then had to come back again and made an impact changing games mostly as a sub. This season again has been lauded by the press and pundits for his impact .

The 6 year average is hogwash and generalised inaccuracy, sweeping and incorrect statement.

His ball control, quick thinking, energy and tenacity was back yesterday with clever and accurate passing. He rated a 7, higher than Eriksen.

This is a spiteful witch hunt stemming from irrational hatred of one of our better players who was re selected for Argentina FFS .

Said this before but our quintet of Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela should be appreciated. We've only had that luxury since the second half of last season and they bring variety. It should be "one out, one in" from this point so we never dip below having 5 AM's. It held us back before.

If there's better out there then I'm all for an upgrade. Having a more robust Lamela type player with more goals in them, but the same work ethic and versatility is tough to find though. Not priority in the squad though.

I'm also remembering Son's first full year with us and what happened after. That's where I'm hoping Moura can get to under Poch's nurturing.

I like Solly March. Clever player who keeps possession well in the final third of the pitch. Also decent at free kicks and crossing the ball.

Home grown will be 25 next season. I would sign him. He would fit in well with Kane, Alli.

Nah it's neither spiteful or a witch hunt that's just hyperbole. The player irrespective of his unfortunate injury record is simply not good enough regards end product and goal getting to be worth a squad play. We have to move on as a club from carrying passengers. Ledley King when he played was always the best centerback at the club hell he was nearly always amoung the best two in his country, and we carried him for too long. I like Lamela but I'd drive him to Bournemouth in a Brookes swap. We sadly for Erik can no longer afford his one in four great games we can do better.But by all means pretend it's personal. And let me be clear, were he the same player, without the fitness issues I'd consider him worth the squad place but he is sadly always suspect to prolonged fitness issues

One in 4 great games is good for any player. Lamela averages ratings of 6 to 7. With 8s and 9s in there. That's not my rating.

We have a trio & Kane to be appreciated, Lucas I will give a little leeway too, but currently, he is in the same not good enough boat as Lamela. Alli and Eriksen need competition to push them to greater heights, they won’t be getting that from Lamela.

We have a trio & Kane to be appreciated, Lucas I will give a little leeway too, but currently, he is in the same not good enough boat as Lamela. Alli and Eriksen need competition to push them to greater heights, they won’t be getting that from Lamela.

Lamela is playing better than Eriksen right now so that's another theory out the window. Eriksen is possibly at his worst ever . He seems to have good games then rests on his laurels. He probably isn't playing where he wants to a little deeper .

Not if he's invisible the other three it's not.

He is never invisible. He is all over the place, chasing , pressing, defending , making runs off thr ball.Stats show he competed 44 of 48 passes and that's a forward player not a CB or MF. He also played 3 key passes. His corners are better than Eriksens who can't seem to beat the first man. One of Lamelas corners yesterday was vicious with in swing and dip , the keeper had no chance coming for it and he knew it. Llorente started his run outside the box knowing it would end up nearer the 6 yard line.

Lamela is playing better than Eriksen right now so that's another theory out the window. Eriksen is possibly at his worst ever . He seems to have good games then rests on his laurels. He probably isn't playing where he wants to a little deeper .

Form is temporary class is permanent. Playing better than Eriksen but still looking insignificant while doing so. Few can perfect that better than Lamela. Lol. Thank our lucky stars we have Son to step up and make a difference.

Lamela struck the bar with a header and should have had an assist from a dinked in ball over the put Moura in on goal. Hardly insignificant as were his 3 key passes in the match.

You use words which are just inappropriate and untrue.

Lamela struck the bar with a header and should have had an assist from a dinked in ball over the put Moura in on goal. Hardly insignificant as were his 3 key passes in the match.

You use words which are just inappropriate and untrue.
There are lots of shoulda woulda coulda in that lot mate. Some of us now just feel it's not enough. And saying well he's better than a player in his worse run if form for three years ain't saying much.

He's not right , 18 months injured not playing, how can you be average if your not on the pitch. ? First year he was below average mentally and physically so that's another year off the 6 and incorrect he was below average. Second season started to improve, then bulked up and had a couple of good seasons , had serious hip surgery then had to come back again and made an impact changing games mostly as a sub. This season again has been lauded by the press and pundits for his impact .

The 6 year average is hogwash and generalised inaccuracy, sweeping and incorrect statement.

His ball control, quick thinking, energy and tenacity was back yesterday with clever and accurate passing. He rated a 7, higher than Eriksen.

This is a spiteful witch hunt stemming from irrational hatred of one of our better players who was re selected for Argentina FFS .

No, you are wrong. He has been here for 6 years being predominantly average when available for selection. Many of his performances have illustrated how clumsy & ineffective he is. But he does excel at running around a lot. His incompetence level has shown to have no boundaries, even to the extent that he was ridiculed playing against a team at the time at the bottom of league two.

We need Poch to make the Brooks deal happen, so we can finally make the long overdue upgrade to a better player.

There are lots of shoulda woulda coulda in that lot mate. Some of us now just feel it's not enough. And saying well he's better than a player in his worse run if form for three years ain't saying much.

The Eriksen reference was to highlight Lamela could push him for a place if Eriksen continues to underperform.

No, you are wrong. He has been here for 6 years being predominantly average when available for selection. Many of his performances have illustrated how clumsy & ineffective he is. But he does excel at running around a lot. His incompetence level has shown to have no boundaries, even to the extent that he was ridiculed playing against a team at the time at the bottom of league two.

We need Poch to make the Brooks deal happen, so we can finally make the long overdue upgrade to a better player.

You have moved the goal posts . You wrote Lamela has been average for 6 years originally. I challenged that because if you break his time down it's not true.