What was Lamela's last good game that he started? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What was Lamela's last good game that he started?

Same, he really isn't much of an ' option ' with all these missing players, why can't Poch just give GKN a run out, at least the lad can run !

I'm afraid he's got to stick with him in the hope that he can prove his fitness and we can sell him on.

He was a liability again last night - never seen a player who plays so badly when he starts.

Sadly I am coming round to the reality he just isnt good enough.

I love his shithousary and passion, but he is now an obvious area of upgrade - compare him with shaqiri/Mata or another 4th choice AM at other clubs and he is not even close is he?

I'm afraid he's got to stick with him in the hope that he can prove his fitness and we can sell him on.

He was a liability again last night - never seen a player who plays so badly when he starts.

I am surprised it has taken you so long to see it, or am I doing you an injustice?

Sadly I am coming round to the reality he just isnt good enough.

I love his shithousary and passion, but he is now an obvious area of upgrade - compare him with shaqiri/Mata or another 4th choice AM at other clubs and he is not even close is he?

Another convert to the 'Richmond' club!?

Lamela rated one less than Eriksen who again failed to make an impact. Lamela put in more closing and defensive work than Eriksen and was through on goal with only the keeper to beat. He was wrongly adjudged off side . He broke clear, something a few said he was not suited to but did. Lamela was not our worst player by far, Gazza, Davies, Dier, Llorente and Moura were worse. Even though Llorente scored he contributed little. Nobody shone other than Rose but let's use a game where Lamela had little support and up against a superior team as a Yard stick to judge him by.

Lamela rated one less than Eriksen who again failed to make an impact. Lamela put in more closing and defensive work than Eriksen and was through on goal with only the keeper to beat. He was wrongly adjudged off side . He broke clear, something a few said he was not suited to but did. Lamela was not our worst player by far, Gazza, Davies, Dier, Llorente and Moura were worse. Even though Llorente scored he contributed little. Nobody shone other than Rose but let's use a game where Lamela had little support and up against a superior team as a Yard stick to judge him by.

Sorry NRD he should be judged. He has been here nearly 6 years. We needed him to step up and he didn't. He is a senior player. We can't keep him in cotton wool forever.

I'm convinced Eriksen still has niggle injuries we don't know about. Either that or he has downed tools.

As for the others all pretty average players so hardly surprising they didn't show up.

Sorry NRD he should be judged. He has been here nearly 6 years. We needed him to step up and he didn't. He is a senior player. We can't keep him in cotton wool forever.

I'm convinced Eriksen still has niggle injuries we don't know about. Either that or he has downed tools.

As for the others all pretty average players so hardly surprising they didn't show up.

Didn't step up in what capacity ? . He started the game, recently only a sub, he played in a new role and you want to judge him on one showing ? He had to press , he had to defend, deliver corners, be in position to break as he did only to be denied by poor officiating. He put in a huge shift. Very few if any stepped up in that game, but let's single out Lamela.

Didn't step up in what capacity ? . He started the game, recently only a sub, he played in a new role and you want to judge him on one showing ? He had to press , he had to defend, deliver corners, be in position to break as he did only to be denied by poor officiating. He put in a huge shift. Very few if any stepped up in that game, but let's single out Lamela.

I'll turn it around, how did he step up? He was average. He is a senior player who by many on here is highly rated. A player who has been here 6 years who needs to show more than just work hard. With our main players out this was another opportunity for him to step up and be the player we saw early season. He didn't do that.

You are making excuses for him. Enough is enough.

New position? He has played numerous positions for us over the years. False number 9, as a striker, AM, LAM and RAM. Not a good enough reason.

Lamela = average. Just like 75%of the players that were playing last night.

I'll turn it around, how did he step up? He was average. He is a senior player who by many on here is highly rated. A player who has been here 6 years who needs to show more than just work hard. With our main players out this was another opportunity for him to step up and be the player we saw early season. He didn't do that.

You are making excuses for him. Enough is enough.

New position? He has played numerous positions for us over the years. False number 9, as a striker, AM, LAM and RAM. Not a good enough reason.

Lamela = average. Just like 75%of the players that were playing last night.

He didn't have Kane, Alli and Son to bounce off. Eriksen was below par, he came close to stepping up when he broke free only to be wrongly adjudged offside as he is being wrongly adjudged based on this game which had exceptional challenges. He was playing well earlier in the season, judge him on that.

I have always supported lamela, and have said numerous times that I think possibly he is just too skilful for many of our team, a lot of what he does, the runs he makes, the balls he plays or looks to play, his willingness to demand and take the ball in tight situations......his workrate is also u questionable.

All that said....9 times out of 10 he isn't a game changer or a match winner, there are many times he fecks things up, he still can't tackle for shit, I really can't see his effectiveness changing. He can and has been man of the match, but not often enough unfortunately.

Would I sell him.....not right now, but he isn't a starter IMO, he is the guy to turn to in the last 30 mins when we are a goal down and a bit flat/lethargic,in the hope his energy and intensity will inspire and it will be the day he pops one in or sets one up ....both things he is more than capable of.

I reckon along with a few others he will be off in the summer, hopefully leaving us with some good memories in the months to come!

It is true he changes games more often from the subs bench but that is a luxury we didn't really have. I don't think Moura was fit to start. Poch knew he would get more defensively from Lamela too.

He started , he looked better this time and was unlucky not to score and get an assist. Was more of a threat than Eriksen who was below the standard we know. Maybe start a thread like this but change the name to Eriksen. Being honest I have faith in him, but it goes to show, players form fluctuates, even top ones.

There's bigger problems in the squad we need to address before Lamela put it that way

Finally someone with reason. LOL

Lamela has been an 'average' problem in the squad for six years. We need to move away from the mediocrity he usually offers and find a better alternative. I am hopeful that our interest in the transfer of Brooks from Bournemouth will become a reality. An ideal upgrade from blithering mediocrity.

Lamela has been an 'average' problem in the squad for six years. We need to move away from the mediocrity he usually offers and find a better alternative. I am hopeful that our interest in the transfer of Brooks from Bournemouth will become a reality. An ideal upgrade from blithering mediocrity.
Sorry..in fact I'm not sorry Rich is right. And Moura is playing through injury by the way.