What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ?

Theres been a number but, one that makes me smile even after all these years is an Andy Gray goal against Leeds.
A cross came in from the left and Gray, almost level with the righthand goalpost, headed it back across to Brian Little, who was almost level with the lefthand goalpost, who headed it back across to Gray, who nodded it into the net.
It always makes me smile when I think about it because that Leeds side was made up of 11 internationals and here they were chasing about like cats chasing flies.

That Dean Saunders goal was a bit special. I remember a reporter asking Big Ron if Saunders really meant to shoot.
Ron said, " Well if he wasn't trying to shoot what the hell do you think he was doing?".

Yep will echo the Dean Saunders goal but time takes a toll I do remember Bruce Rioch scoring some boomers. One that stands out away from Villa Park was Chris Nichols boomer in the second league cup final replay at Old Trafford, what a scorcher that was.

[QUOTE="AllanJW, post: 1566630, member: 4104"
- Morley, goal of the season 1980/1.

Of course there have been great goals scored for us other than these but you asked for the ones I'd seen ;)[/QUOTE]

Just to be picky Allan . Clue is in the thread title... lol. . Best goals at Villa Park. Morley was at Goodison . Cracking goal though!!!!

JKfVXSz.gif