What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ? | Vital Football

What is the best goal you have seen at Villa Park ?

Melon Donkey

I am a little bit perplexed
I saw it live today . I have now seen it on tv 3 times. My god that Mcginn strike is stunning

Has there been better ?.

Difficult question as there are different types of stunning goals but this goal today has to be up there
Dean Saunders v Ipswich in 1992 keeps springing to my mind as the best I have seen live. But after today. I'm not sure

Hmmmm. I'll always remember Angel's stunner vs Chelsea in the league Cup. Luc Nillis also against Chelsea ranks high as well.

I have to say genuinely Paul scholes against us was just unreal. But Mcginns is better, unfortunately he won’t get the coverage scholesy would’ve got.

For the circumstance, always remember Cahill’s overhead looping overhead against the scum

That's up there with the best I have seen. Similar to Scholes's .

Sid chipped the goalie at Wolves from about 30 yards once , that was pretty special but I am struugling to think of a better goal than todays.

Yes Cahills Derby volley is one of the greats, in modern times Anyway. Its a great goal in its own right but the situation just elevates it to a higher level.

Shame we haven't got some of Bruce Rioch's rockets on video but this diving header by Ted MacDougal was a great goal at Villa Park as was McGinn's today.

I was there when Bobby Charlton dribbled thro the whole villa team. Alan Mcinally was similar.
Too many to list but ilean towards dean Saunders. I was in the Holte end when we suddenly realised the ball was coming our way

Apart from the JM goal today For me, it has to be Jacks goal last season against Cardiff i was not actually at the games themselves but I did watch live

I think McGinn wins it for me too. That is a goal you will never tire of seeing. Sublime.

This might have been my previous favourite...

One of my favourite games at villa park. Never understood why we didn't sign Carbone permanently after that season. Difficult player perhaps but he could produce moments of magic.

I'm well aware that this talk of 'Best Goal you've seen' this morning is displacement activity from contemplating our woes but I'll join in anyway :)

My selection is based not just on the goal itself but what it meant in the context of the game and is in no particular order;

- Edu for Santos, 1972.

- Platt versus Inter Milan 1990.

- Morley, goal of the season 1980/1.

Of course there have been great goals scored for us other than these but you asked for the ones I'd seen ;)

I'm well aware that this talk of 'Best Goal you've seen' this morning is displacement activity from contemplating our woes but I'll join in anyway :)

My selection is based not just on the goal itself but what it meant in the context of the game and is in no particular order;

- Edu for Santos, 1972.

That number 8 Santos from kick off ? sign him up, more urgency and pace than Whelan.