What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 382 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

We were away last week in Salcombe, some great (expensive!!) fish meals. Back to a pizza last night and fish cakes tonight, although mrs S is making a spotted dick - one of my favourites, with butter and sugar - memory goes back to having them at my Grandma's on Ripon street, who had no electricity in the house

Bit of catching up to do...
Saturday: barbecue; sausages, mango and coconut chicken wings, salt and pepper pork belly, halloumi skewers, salad, beers.
Sunday: glass noodles with miso king prawns and veg.
Yesterday: curry-spiced Quorn mince with a variety of veg. No carbs!
Tonight: tofu and chickpeas in black bean sauce (with mushrooms and other veg), plus rice. Coffee cake for pud!

Kippers and poached egg for breakfast plus cereal and fruit
Late lunch/ early tea …… cod, chips and curry sauce ( peas for Mrs E) on the quayside with a Theakstons pale ale. Couple of beers in our room tonight with crisps watching the footy… Whitby G&T for Mrs E and Headland Red from Wold Newton, Driffield Brewery for me

I was out at a gig in Manchester Friday night, so just had to get what was around - which in this case was a BBQ chicken burger and spicy chips, which was surprisingly good!

Yesterday we ordered pizzas in; Hawaiian for me and feta & black olive for Mrs Rob. Also pesto garlic bread and cauliflower 'wings' with buffalo dip.

Tonight, we opted to be healthier and had fish in cheese and parsley sauce, with a lot of steamed veg; broccoli, carrots, peas and sweetcorn. Date and walnut loaf (Rington's) for dessert.

On a driving trip in the Austrian Alps, have been listening to a book on Ultra Processed Foods! My eating habits aren’t too bad but need to steer even more away from microwave meals, fizzy sweet dinks, additives, colourings, Soya etc.

Tonight Austrian Beef Goulash with home made dumplings and a few pints of local beer.

On a driving trip in the Austrian Alps, have been listening to a book on Ultra Processed Foods! My eating habits aren’t too bad but need to steer even more away from microwave meals, fizzy sweet dinks, additives, colourings, Soya etc.

Tonight Austrian Beef Goulash with home made dumplings and a few pints of local beer.
Wow, enjoy the trip! Sounds amazing.

Monday night: veggie burgers in cheese-topped rolls, with veg (I've forgotten what).
Yesterday: hunter's chicken for me, with chips and broccoli.
Today: chow mein-sauced veg stir fry (plus fake beef strips), with sushi rice (ran out of normal rice).

Back to good British stodge after a week of grilled meat, fish and Greek food generally.... Liver and sausage braise with red wine gravy, mash and green beans!

Steak and fries last night with diane sauce, peas, mushrooms, onion rings and tomatoes with a bottle of Chilean Merlot

Tonight was a mini roast dinner, lamb chops, yorkies, roast potatoes and veg, with a sticky toffee pud and cream for afters