What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 383 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and pesto then wrapped with prosciutto and cooked in the oven with roasted veg ( new potatoes, mushrooms, red onion, courgette, tomato and peppers.
Finished off the sticky toffee pud with cream

Thai style stir-fried duck (chillies, peppers, shiitake mushrooms) with ginger rice tonight, roast beef and all necessaries tomorrow.

Due to a fridge and freezer audit by Mr Hither, I found myself with a bulb of fennel and some cooked chestnut halves in need of some attention. Cue cookery books... Brown sugar, red onions, Marsala and cider vinegar later, we have a jar of chutney cooling. Will report back in November when I open it!

Roast pork and all trimmings tonight, including the first batch of slow-braised spiced red cabbage with onions and apples of the winter!

Pasta time tonight, we're both feeling flaky - me post-surgery, Mr Hither post-COVID - and carbs are the way to go it seems.
Spicy Italian sausage, saffron and tomato and some garlic bread, with a side salad to keep up the pretence of being healthy. Might be a glass of red in the mix, too!

Roast turkey breast with all trimmings (yes, this includes sprouts!) tonight, musing on having a Thai prawn curry sometime this week.

Something different tonight……boneless chicken thighs in a sticky sauce made from peanut butter, mirin, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce with a handful of cashews thrown in at the end. Served with fries. Really tasty and will revisit it, would be good with rice too
Tiramisu for pud

Something different tonight……boneless chicken thighs in a sticky sauce made from peanut butter, mirin, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce with a handful of cashews thrown in at the end. Served with fries. Really tasty and will revisit it, would be good with rice too
Tiramisu for pud
I might give that one a go! Sounds delicious.... Not to mention the tiramisu :love1:

I might give that one a go! Sounds delicious.... Not to mention the tiramisu :love1:
It was something Mrs E found on instagram and wanted to give it a go. we’ll definitely have it again. It was called hoisin chicken (even though there wasn’t any hoisin used) and we just sprinkled sliced spring onion on top. Would probably work done on the hob with chopped chicken breast or thigh too

Sausages and baked potatoes tonight, as something of an admission that it's now autumn whether I like it or not! Chicken korma and mushroom curry tomorrow.

Yesterday was toad in the hole using Cumberland sausage for a change, with roasties, parsnips, veg and gravy followed by my apple and blackberry crumble with cream
Tonight we had squash and bacon risotto incl fresh chilli, hard Italian cheese with parsley and lemon wedge to squeeze on
More crumble but with custard this time