What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 381 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

For dinner tonight I made curry-marinated tofu slices, which I fried and we had with white rice and salad, plus a garlic/ginger/soy sauce/mirin/lime juice/fish sauce/bulgogi sauce/olive oil dressing for the tofu and salad. Cake for pud!

Talking of cake, still eating the sticky ginger loaf from a fortnight ago. Having discovered it actually gets better (and stickier!) with being frozen, Mr Hither is defrosting a cube now and then and making happy inroads with his coffee...

Out for tea night……slow cooked belly pork and crackling with creamed cabbage, honey and cider sauce and chunky chips
Pud was berry parfait with French and Italian meringue, chantilly cream and more berries
all washed down with a couple of pints of Atlantic pale ale

Saturday: was just me hungry, couldn't be arsed cooking, so a cheese-topped ham roll it was - plus a banana afterwards.
Sunday: tuna and veg empanadas, avocado "fries" (breaded with some spices), and a mixed salad.
Monday: pesto foccacia, homemade garlic bread (using aioli and toasted sesame oil), salad, and breaded fish fillets.
Tonight: scrambled egg on toast!

Bit of a weird mix tonight, but it was decent enough: herring in cream, dill and gherkin sauce, corn on the cob with chive butter, home made raita, and sweet potato and courgette wegdes cooked in a frying pan with toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce until caramelised.

Another stir fry tonight, avoiding using the oven when it’s hot. This time beef with a soy, garlic and ginger sauce with veg, noodles and a few peanuts
strawberries, pineapple, meringue, ice cream and cream for pud

Last night dinner for me was a Korean chicken bao bun to start, firecracker chicken and rice for main, and a raspberry turnover and cream slice for pud. A good feed after a busy (and sweltering) day.

Another stir fry, beef in a black bean sauce with noodles and assorted veg
Black cherry yogurt for pud with melon

Last edited: