What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 6 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Roast chicken and carrot, broccoli and red cabbage tonight, plus chicken-juice gravy. Simple and delicious. A can of Innis and Gunn lager with it, and a generous measure (finishing the bottle) of Balla Black spiced rum now.

Weather down here was horseshit and blowing a gale...............quick revert to the indoors for Sunday nosh.....meal of week.

For me a Lincolnshire pigeon in a sauce of it`s own juices with cream cooked on the crown, courtesy of Pepperdine`s (top Lincoln butchers),garlic potatoes and a plethora of veg(roast parsnip,pureed parsnip,peas,green beans,mange tout) 5 a day me arse.....no scientific proof there, more a main stream media hook line.

To finish homemade pear and mandarin tart.

I needed cheering up today so on this special occasion(lockdown ending) a bottle of Burgundy plus a couple of glasses of Chilean oaked blend.

We are such lucky bastards to be tucking in to the nosh that we all serving up each evening.......it`s only energy stored for tomorrow`s graft in front of the keyboard.

Must get that Vitals hog roast planned for the end of season.

Now that's a meal! Yes, weather has turned up here as well,with the wind moving firmly into the north.

No idea about today's meals - could be a curry.

Roast chicken and carrot, broccoli and red cabbage tonight, plus chicken-juice gravy. Simple and delicious. A can of Innis and Gunn lager with it, and a generous measure (finishing the bottle) of Balla Black spiced rum now.
Can`t beat a chicken dinner,possible one coming up this week or might clear the freezer down and cook a duck.

This thread is in for the duration,or until we run out of food.
Only 3 scripting currently so I am assuming other Vital members are currently fasting?

Now that's a meal! Yes, weather has turned up here as well,with the wind moving firmly into the north.

No idea about today's meals - could be a curry.

Easy solution on the curry,cutting all the corners (when you are in a "i cant be arsed" mood) is to choose your meat then apply a "spice tailor" curry pack which includes the spices to be heated plus a separate sauce.
it`s decent and I always have some in stock(unlike those gowns and facemasks)

.....product produced in India....support the third world.
I often buy them when reduced to half price in Tescos/Asda

Curry takeaway tonight. Saag paneer and a garlic naan with onion bhajis on the side.

Sitting in the sun with a glass of red and feeling lazy!

Leftovers rule ok.
two penne pasta dishes tonight,to start with penne with various vegetables and to follow more penne with BBQ chicken,green beans ,peas and a touch of melted red Leicester.

A bottle of Leffe blonde,more of the Chilean oaked blend then opened a French pinot to finish.
For sweet more of the pear and mandarin tart with double cream.

Off now for a 5 mile run over Exmoor with my torch headlight on and accompanied by my dog Baldy (Alsation/poodle cross)........HE NEEDS TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT!
......still got daylight down here.

Leftovers rule ok.
two penne pasta dishes tonight,to start with penne with various vegetables and to follow more penne with BBQ chicken,green beans ,peas and a touch of melted red Leicester.

A bottle of Leffe blonde,more of the Chilean oaked blend then opened a French pinot to finish.
For sweet more of the pear and mandarin tart with double cream.

Off now for a 5 mile run over Exmoor with my torch headlight on and accompanied by my dog Baldy (Alsation/poodle cross)........HE NEEDS TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT!
......still got daylight down here.
I have to say that Baldy is a fantastic name for a dog!

Last night was more of the cock crab ,salad,avocado followed by the strawberries in brandy.All washed down with a few leffes and a bottle of Bordeaux..ch.de Portets.

Tonight it`s homemade chicken tikka with a Pateks sauce avec champignons served with a basmati rice avec pois.To follow homemade banana bread and butter pudding.

With the news that this covid likes to sit in your gut my plan of attack is to feed my tapeworms up to their maximum intake in prep for these covid lads to arrive and the key component in the attack on this 19 lads will be to smother them in large doses of Naga viper and Ghost Pepper........might have to have a few toilet rolls in the freezer whilst i am on standby.
gut protection v covid link
https://theconversation.com/coronav...t-microbiome-healthy-to-fight-covid-19-134158

It says to avoid alcohol though Devon!! :eek:;)

Decent spot of weather today so set up for a BBQ.....slight breeze.

Sat outside and watched the uv rays turn my cholesterol into vitamin d ,good move with this covid about.......................fact.

Tonight`s humble offering was simple,ribeye steak, one lamb loin chop,chicken thigh,potatoes,tomato,courgette and a solitary banger.
The usual big mixed salad was prepared and tossed in vinaigrette and never touched the sides.
Nothing special on the vino front just a rose served cold.

Keep safe, I feel we are in for a long run with this covid mullarkey and as for the footy front I advise Liam to buy a few sheep to keep the grass down on the hallowed turf that is Sincil Bank.
Forecast looking good going forward so just make sure the charcoal is available for a burn up.

Hi Notty
Mrs Eweimps made a delicious lasagna with side salad and garlic bread washed down with a bottle of London Pride and a really nice Chianti. Still enjoying the wine

Snap! Amazingly, I had never made lasagne and the Mrs had done it once but described it as a "disaster". As a joint effort, we did all right, I think. Same again tonight.

Snap! Amazingly, I had never made lasagne and the Mrs had done it once but described it as a "disaster". As a joint effort, we did all right, I think. Same again tonight.

ditto here, still got the rest of it to eat tonight with more salad and maybe chips (carb overload). My good lady is the better cook and it’s often a joint effort but if I’m home first I have a go ( no complaints yet). Different at the moment as she’s working from home.