What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 254 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Day off today so lunch was a selection of pork pate with caramelised shallots and warm baguette, prosciutto, tomatoes with mozzarella and basil leaves, olives, feta stuffed mini peppers and salad, oh and the last slice of pork pie.
Not really hungry for tea so just a few crackers followed by strawberries and ice cream

Last edited:
Day off today so lunch was a selection of pork pate with roasted shallots and warm baguette, prosciutto, tomatoes with mozzarella and basil leaves, olives, feta stuffed mini peppers and salad, oh and the last slice of pork pie.
Not really hungry for tea so just a few crackers followed by strawberries and ice cream

That sounds an amazing spread!

A “Street Kitchen” packet cheat tonight of Kung Pao Chicken. Just added peppers, shallots and sugar snap peas plus cashews, served with rice with lime zest/ juice. I’d never heard of it but it was really tasty. It comes with a garlic/ ginger paste to put on the chicken and a spice pack and a kung pao paste to add during cooking.

The Mrs had the same as last night with extra tomatoes and antipasti artichoke, while I had a couple of small beef burgers topped with a French blue cheese, plus carrot sticks in place of chips. Warm walnut brownie with cream for dessert (I'm going to have to spend time in the gym tomorrow).

I've discovered an interesting app today, aimed at reducing food waste - Too Good To Go. Basically food in shops which is at it's best before date is bagged up, and you can look at local places participating to reserve and buy a bag (or several) for a reduced price. Only hitch is you don't know what you'll get.

I've just tried it out and paid £3.29 (rather than £10) from a mini Morrisons at a petrol station and got 4 beef burgers, a pack of Cumberland sausages, 10 Edam slices, 6 bread rolls, 6 tomatoes, a punnet of plums, and a bag of shredded lettuce. Might give a couple of other shops a go for comparison (Greggs is even an option), but it seems a good scheme!