What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 136 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Tea tonight, my own recipe, as follows:

Curried cream of apple and parsnip soup.

3 parsnips, 1 apple and half a red onion fried off in butter.

As the main ingredients soften, add: 1 chopped garlic clove and 2cm cube of chopped fresh ginger and 1 tsp of curry powder. Cook through for 4 - 5 mins.

Add 1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock and simmer for 30 mins. Add salt and black pepper to taste.

Blend thoroughly and stir through a good slug of cream.

Try it, you won't regret it. 😁

Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers with a slice of smoked Bavarian cheese and salad in the bun, spicy homemade chips, plus carrots and "breakfast" radishes, both of the latter grown in the garden.

Prior to that we ate very healthily, as I mocked up a mini Christmas market in our shed/outbuilding to cheer up the Mrs, with bottle lights and cheesy Christmas music. Lots of spiced cider in the slow cooker, doughnuts with added raspberries, chocolate buttons and chocolate sauce, and lots of sweets laid out for pick and mix. Was going to roast some chestnuts on the firepit too, but the incessant rain put paid to that. We'll do them another night in the log burner.

Last edited:
Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers with a slice of smoked Bavarian cheese and salad in the bun, spicy homemade chips, plus carrots and "breakfast" radishes, both of the latter grown in the garden.

Prior to that we are very healthily, as I mocked up a mini Christmas market in our shed/outbuilding to cheer up the Mrs, with bottle lights and cheesy Christmas music. Lots of spiced cider in the slow cooker, doughnuts with added raspberries, chocolate buttons and chocolate sauce, and lots of sweets laid out for pick and mix. Was going to roast some chestnuts on the firepit too, but the incessant rain put paid to that. We'll do them another night in the log burner.

Roast chesnuts are lovely! A bit like pancakes, I don' have them often enough.

Left over chilli for pre match meal with a mince pie to follow

Shop bought lemon chicken, chips, onion rings and pea tonight with a passion fruit and raspberry tarte and cream for afters