What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 111 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Last night we were lazy, and ordered in...so a pizza each, plus cheesy garlic bread, a kebab for me, and we also ordered fancy desserts in the form of waffles with chocolate, fruit and sauce on. Finished it off tonight. And now we must diet!

The only chips we tend to have these days are from the local chippy (which is very good). Probably eat 1/2 bags of oven chips a year.

Only chips consumed are the ones made by Mrs G ! Mention the chip shop at your peril.

Must say her chips are top notch and wouldn’t want anything else. Very particular how often the same oil is reheated before it’s changed.

Only chips consumed are the ones made by Mrs G ! Mention the chip shop at your peril.

Must say her chips are top notch and wouldn’t want anything else. Very particular how often the same oil is reheated before it’s changed.

She probably has them with dirty mayonaise, though, right?

A weird chili-like thing tonight, although made with some different, unspecified spice mix in. It also had Quorn mince, butter beans, chickpeas, sesame seeds and mushrooms. Not bad but benefitted from the addition of Henderson's relish.

Oh and I had an Innis and Gunn bourbon barrel to drink as I watched the game last night. It's not as good as their original beer though.

A whole barrel of bourbon?!
Haha, no, just one bottle! They age the beer in old bourbon casks. I've just realised that it is actually the original I had, although it was nothing like as good as I remember, which is a shame. Hope they haven't changed the recipe.

A whole barrel and I would be dead now. I did manage 18 a couple of years back, although it was at a whisky festival and copious water was consumed to offset the effects! It worked, too. It was a great night (in Leicester's National Space Centre!) and with no resultant hangover, amazingly.