West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm | Page 19 | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm

Shocking officiating . Another shocker from Nyland.
Disappointed but......

Complete moral victory if that's a comfort. We were better than them. Better passing, better chances, more chances. They will know they got away with it tonight.

The referee is in a difficult position to call it, but gut feel of reaction should’ve told him something.

But that Lino!! He’s has a great position and clear view to see not one but TWO handballs!!

This league has some shit refs but also obviously some terrible linos.
Time we had a TMO like rugby who can suggest to the ref that he reviews the incident on screen

That linesman should be ashamed of himself. He knew exactly what he saw but obviously wanted to take the decision of the final result into his own hands (no pun intended)

That said, the keeper should have dealt with it, my immediate reaction was the keeper fucked up again. I’d drop him immediately and indefinitely- the guy is a liability. I know Bunn is poor but at least he can do the simple basics like catching a ball which is beyond Nyland. I think Bunn for the next 4 or 5 games is a safer option than the Norwegian clown

Time we had a TMO like rugby who can suggest to the ref that he reviews the incident on screen

VAR shouldn’t be introduced to cover up completely inadequate officials though, I mean the tosser was looking right at the incident and chose not to give the free kick. It’s one thing to miss an incident but to see such an obvious foul and then choosing to not give it, despite it completely changing the final result is a disgrace hopefully the FA get rid of him but doubt it

Last edited:
That linesman should be ashamed of himself. He knew exactly what he saw but obviously wanted to take the decision of the final result into his own hands (no pun intended)

That said, the keeper should have dealt with it, my immediate reaction was the keeper fucked up again. I’d drop him immediately and indefinitely- the guy is a liability. I know Bunn is poor but at least he can do the simple basics like catching a ball which is beyond Nyland. I think Bunn for the next 4 or 5 games is a safer option than the Norwegian clown

He is fucking useless I'm afraid.

It's no good him being a decent shot stopper. Call me old fashioned but a keeper needs to be able to catch the chuffing ball aswell.

I am so bloody annoyed tonight but not because of the handball.

It was a handball, everyone knows it was a handball, they have got away with a handball - end of - but how the fecking hell was the bloke allowed to get his hand to the ball whilst our fecking Coco the Clown of a goalkeeper flapped at another easy bloody cross !!!!

He should have wiped out the entire of the German armyto belt that ball into row Z for a throw in instead of lamely trying to clamlylie down.

He is a fecking joke and unless we are absolutely jammy as feck, has alredy cost us automatic promotion.

In the last 9 days alone he has cost us 4 points on his own !.

Game after game, our hard work and good play comes to fecking nothing becaue of a guy who I am convinced I could do at least as good as job.

Roll on Jan 1st and get Tom Heaton as Big Ben chimes.

Christ , if this guy is playing week after week, how bloody bad is Morera !!

Decent performance & game. Should have put the game out of reach. Nyland, Kodjia & Hutton should have done better for their 2nd. Obviously it should not have been given and that was down to the linesman being unfit for purpose. Two more big games before Xmas. UTV

I've been the biggest critic of Nyland, and for the record still think he's a liability, but to blame him for that second goal is harsh. He came to the near post and had it knocked from him by Rosriguez's HANDS while charging in at full speed. Even then, the ball was going wide until Rodriguez re-directed it.... Yes, Nyland is a liability, but never in a million years could he have done anything to stop a double cheat.... I get the fact that we're looking for someone to blame, and that lies squarely on the shoulders of the match officials, nobody else.....

I've been the biggest critic of Nyland, and for the record still think he's a liability, but to blame him for that second goal is harsh. He came to the near post and had it knocked from him by Rosriguez's HANDS while charging in at full speed. Even then, the ball was going wide until Rodriguez re-directed it.... Yes, Nyland is a liability, but never in a million years could he have done anything to stop a double cheat.... I get the fact that we're looking for someone to blame, and that lies squarely on the shoulders of the match officials, nobody else.....

Not entirely to blame, no.

But ..... He should have done alot better . He is weak. He flapped in the first half at a corner. It's not ok I'm afraid.

Disagree. He waited for the ball to come to him, rather than dominate his box and get to the ball before the incoming player. If he'd been stronger we'd be celebrating an away win in a local derby.

If that had been Villa Park he would have ruled it out, but being in front of their fans he bottled it.
There was a shot on sky where the linesman was discussing it with the ref and the WBA fans 5 foot behind them were laughing and pointing to their hands so I don’t think the linesman was under pressure from the fans; I think he just fancied the idea of directly influencing the result - he clearly saw it and everyone on the pitch and off it - including the linesman knew what had happened