Wembley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wembley

I was encouraged that that's his attitude towards it. He did also say that changing between WHL and Wembley was difficult last season but says this season having all our games there then we have no excuse not to perform.

I do think we'll have to adapt our tactics a touch to suit playing there week in week out, but I think our away tactics shifted in the 2nd half of last season anyway so I believe we can make it work at Wembley.

Can't make today's game but I was looking at the seating for the Burnley game and had to stop. Which end is the 'home' end? Don't want to be sat next to a bunch of fat northern monkeys all shouting for Burnley!

The so-called Wembley hoodoo reared its ugly face again, however, am I reading too much into the Chelsea result, bearing in mind it was only our first home game of the season?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523408">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

80deg16minW - 21/8/2017 09:36

This is an irresponsible article and thread.

It all depends on whether you have the ability to assess our performance logically yesterday or emotionally - I could see our key weaknesses yesterday and the huge strength and positivity we can take from the overall performance - we dominated, our pressing game was immense - our lack of pace is still our achillis heel. Harry's leadership on the pitch was outstanding, he doesn't know the meaning of giving up - and led the line and the team magnificantly, he was vocal and he kicked arse.

The neggies will see yesterday's result in an entirely different light and some will revel in the negativity.

We're close to being a great team, with a great ethic and not just a very good one.

We lost, so the depressives will be in their element, that's all this thread confirms.

Harry isn't scoring yet. We need him scoring to win.

All the rest is bull shit.

No its not. The forums are for debates and so if you don't want to add anything then leave well alone.

80deg16minW - 21/8/2017 09:47

Harry isn't scoring yet. We need him scoring to win.

All the rest is bull shit.

I can't think of a more obvious statement; but the rest is what the depressives will thrive on.

Joey Barton insists playing at Wembley will hinder Tottenham this season after Chelsea defeat, claiming: 'The pitch is DEAD!'

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/exclusive-joey-barton-insists-playing-wembley-will-hinder-tottenham-season-after-chelsea#MAkqK0O64ejfU0Sb.99

I disagree with all those who are not happy with Wembley.
Yesterday it was a great and successful day at Wembley.
Our owners, Levy and Co could almost double their income from a home game comparing with WHL and increase their personal property by some thousands of pounds in just two hours time!
That's a great success and progress!

From the football point of view also a good result yesterday because, except those who are ambitious with their club and want Spurs to win the EPL title, all others should be happy given that we are in the middle of the table, outside the relegation zone, and we aren't in danger to relegate to the Championship and become an Aston Villa which is the main concern of a number of Spurs fans.
This is also a success and a reason to celebrate and feel happy.

In addition, given that construction works for the new stadium are progressing well, the future seems to be bright for Levy and Co from the financial point of view which, as we have witnessed for seventeen years now, is the main reason for them for getting involved with Spurs.
A very successful businessmen thus!
Someone has just to see the ratio of the money they have invested in the club and the money they will get when they decide to sell the club!

Only those who don't want Levy and Co to increase their personal fortune would want Spurs to spend money and buy in time a new goal scoring striker in an effort to help avoid losing valuable points in games we find it difficult to score, taking also into consideration the injury of Son.

Ioan X - 21/8/2017 10:07

Our owners, Levy and Co could almost double their income from a home game comparing with WHL and increase their personal property by some thousands of pounds in just two hours time!

From the football point of view also a good result yesterday because, except those who are ambitious with their club and want Spurs to win the EPL title, all others should be happy given that we are in the middle of the table, outside the relegation zone, and we aren't in danger to relegate to the Championship and become an Aston Villa which is the main concern of a number of Spurs fans.

In addition, given that construction works for the new stadium are progressing well, the future seems to be bright for Levy and Co from the financial point of view which, as we have witnessed for seventeen years now, is the main reason for them for getting involved with Spurs.
Someone has just to see the ratio of the money they have invested in the club and the money they will get when they decide to sell the club!

Only those who don't want Levy and Co to increase their personal fortune would want Spurs to spend money and buy in time a new goal scoring striker in an effort to help avoid losing valuable points in games we find it difficult to score, taking also into consideration the injury of Son.

It might help everyone if you could provide a source of funds statement and provide the context of the periodic capital raisings and application of funds. v investment by other owners who thought they could buy glory and who subsequently virtually bust their clubs.

Of course feel free to include The Russian crook and the oil rich state owned clubs - or the manure, where their owners have now taken in excess of £500 mill out of the club, or le arse whose owners who application of funds, doesn't include any shareholder contributions.

Until then, you're just a clueless 'fan' obsessed with your own pov who I suspect hasn't even runa car, let alone a business.

I wish I was as ambitious with Spurs as you are Ex and be happy like you that Spurs aren't relegated!

The question still is if a club today can win regularly titles and trophies or at least compete for that with serious chances without having rich an ambitious with glory on the field owners who have as their first priority to achieve success in the shortest possible time and have also the capacity and ability to run effectively a football club, whatever their origin?

Did you ever run (successfully) a business yourself?

Ioan X - 21/8/2017 10:07

Why do you write in a reverse positive sarcastic way ?

NRD, I like to joke and have fun!
Sometimes, when you are mocking on a situation, you make it easier for some persons to understand it better and see the reality.

Whatever way you dress it up, our record at the new Wembley is appalling.

If that run continues there is no doubt we will be mid table or worse.

I didn't see anything different yesterday to the chav game in the cup last season, they had a weakened team , they had a few shots that all went in, we had the majority of possession and did nothing with it, we had innumerable corners and did nothing with them, Lloris is still a joke of a captain, we lost like we always do.

Selling a super quick , powerful athlete like Walker and replacing him with a dumpy little pudding has hardly helped the Wembley cause this season, we have no pace anywhere on that big, big pitch.

Ioan X - 21/8/2017 10:32

I wish I was as ambitious with Spurs as you are Ex and be happy like you that Spurs aren't relegated!

The question still is if a club today can win regularly titles and trophies or at least compete for that with serious chances without having rich an ambitious with glory on the field owners who have as their first priority to achieve success in the shortest possible time and have also the capacity and ability to run effectively a football club, whatever their origin?

Did you ever run (successfully) a business yourself?

You're not 'ambitious', you're just oblivious to reality and want to play fantasy football.

Show us what I asked for, and then your opinions would have some weight, fail to do it and you'rew just another clueless muppet that can't grasp financial realties and don't understand the historical evidence of the Premier league.

You still seem to think that every single owner should be capable of losing their marbles and blowing all their personal wealth when owning a premier league is some sort of perverted and bizarre moral imperative.

Wake up and join the real World.

I've run, been part of and built including publically listed business (and sold) businesses in excess of £250 million - in my own way, I'm proud of my successes, but also know my limitations, I'm not Richard Branson, but I know what managing and running a business entails, including a significant sports related business.

Tino - 21/8/2017 09:54

No its not. The forums are for debates and so if you don't want to add anything then leave well alone.

Adding the following to an article and using it as a centre piece fr the whole thing is irresponsible. No better than a red top:

Another example was when Tottenham fan, Brian spoke to BBC Radio 5 Live post Sunday's game.

'If the Wembley hoodoo continues, they (Spurs) could end up in mid table and could be out of Europe next season.' Brian said.