Wembley | Page 5 | Vital Football

Wembley

Spursex - 21/8/2017 17:11

Nick Real Deal - 21/8/2017 13:41

We know Tripps and Wanyama had a poor game but they were both returning from injury. Too soon IMO to start a game like that but WTF do I know.

But they will get over it and back to their best. Son too. Winks to come. KWP who should have started has his chance hopefully. Sanchez looks impressive although unproven in the PL. Dembele was awesome.

Then we have Kane , Alli and Eriksen to fire in all cylinders.

There you go. A positive post to lift the spirits.

The single biggest positive in a whirlwind of negativity is that we looked and played like the home team.

We played well after our 'normal' slow start ( a problem that has to be resolved once and for all - and that's not a Wembley related issue).

We've adapted. We'll improve.

The wins will come.

How long will that be Ex? :21:

spur67 - 27/8/2017 18:05

Spursex - 21/8/2017 17:11

Nick Real Deal - 21/8/2017 13:41

We know Tripps and Wanyama had a poor game but they were both returning from injury. Too soon IMO to start a game like that but WTF do I know.

But they will get over it and back to their best. Son too. Winks to come. KWP who should have started has his chance hopefully. Sanchez looks impressive although unproven in the PL. Dembele was awesome.

Then we have Kane , Alli and Eriksen to fire in all cylinders.

There you go. A positive post to lift the spirits.

The single biggest positive in a whirlwind of negativity is that we looked and played like the home team.

We played well after our 'normal' slow start ( a problem that has to be resolved once and for all - and that's not a Wembley related issue).

We've adapted. We'll improve.

The wins will come.

How long will that be Ex? :21:

All the experts said the Leicester bubble couldn't last for 38 games.

Yesterday and Chelsea was not down to Wembley.

We had 70% of the ball but couldn't break them down as we had no plan B

Yesterday we missed sitters and naive game management.

Kinygerbils - 28/8/2017 07:24

Yesterday and Chelsea was not down to Wembley.

We had 70% of the ball but couldn't break them down as we had no plan B

Yesterday we missed sitters and naive game management.

Correct.

When I see a side play out of their skin and dominate us above their normal level. I may consider Wembley as a factor.

Keep looking at each match individually and keep convincing yourselves Wembley wasn't a factor in the result and Wembley is not a problem.

Try looking at the big picture, ie every single ******* game we have played at the New Wembley.

Here they are, tell me it's not a problem , go on I dare you , I double ******* dare you !

Drew with Burnley 1-1 August 2017 Lost to Chelsea 1-2, August 2017 Lost to Chelsea 2-4, April 2017 Draw with Gent 2-2, February 2017 Beat CSKA Moscow 3-1, December 2016 Lost to Bayer Leverkusen 0-1, November 2016 Lost to Monaco 1-2, September 2016 Lost to Chelsea 0-2, March 2015 Lost to Chelsea 1-5, April 2012 Lost to Portsmouth 0-2, April 2010 Lost to Man United 0-0 (1-4 on pens), March 2009 Beat Chelsea 2-1, February 2008

So at New Wembley, P12, W2, L8, D2.

If any manager started a season with that record, he'd have been booted, but what's the narrative on here, '' OOOh , Wembley isn't a problem ''

How many of our 19 PL games at Wembley do you think we'll win, I'm going for 3or4 given that horrendous record, but hey, carry on sticking your heads in the sand
:3: :5: :13:

if a manager started the season with that many cup finals/semis it would be a bit odd wouldn't it?

I'll happily take a wager with you that we'll win more than 4 games at Wembley in the league this season if you fancy?

freundorfoe - 28/8/2017 22:18

if a manager started the season with that many cup finals/semis it would be a bit odd wouldn't it?

I'll happily take a wager with you that we'll win more than 4 games at Wembley in the league this season if you fancy?

I'd love to take that bet, but I'd be hoping we lost or drew if I did, I always bet to win.

This thread will be open all season, so we'll see who's right at the end of 19 PL 'home ' (lol) games.

Chiv, I predicted before we played Chelsea that we wouldn't win more than 4/5 games in the league at Wembley. After the first 2 games it's looking to be right, unfortunately.

I am hopeful we will have a really good season away from home though which will probably just about keep us in or around the top 6.

Talk about taking WHL away from us at the worst time possible.

ScottDaYid - 28/8/2017 22:35

Chiv, I predicted before we played Chelsea that we wouldn't win more than 4/5 games in the league at Wembley. After the first 2 games it's looking to be right, unfortunately.

I am hopeful we will have a really good season away from home though which will probably just about keep us in or around the top 6.

Scott, as it stands (i.e no replacements yet in) I think that isn't the main issue. We could be at WHL but given how important high-flying wing backs are to Porkys system, the issue looks to be the negligent lack of adequate planning to cover losing Walker and Rose. 3 years in, and 7 transfer windows, we have Trippier and Davies neither of which are high-flying wing backs. I don't know if they are they good enough for a top four side - are they?

Bald Archie - 29/8/2017 17:28

ScottDaYid - 28/8/2017 22:35

Scott, as it stands (i.e no replacements yet in) I think that isn't the main issue. We could be at WHL but given how important high-flying wing backs are to Porkys system, the issue looks to be the negligent lack of adequate planning to cover losing Walker and Rose. 3 years in, and 7 transfer windows, we have Trippier and Davies neither of which are high-flying wing backs. I don't know if they are they good enough for a top four side - are they?

There are a few factors in it and you're right, not having Rose and Walker on the pitch is one of them, must admit I think Davies is doing really well at the moment and don't understand people digging him out, been solid defensively and good going forward, he set up Kane twice against Burnley where he would have scored usually and was a threat V Chelsea as well. Trippier has been a liability though!

I just can't go along with this.

If our team really is being affected negatively by playing our home games at Wembley, it is nothing short of pitiful, and if our captain, Lloris, has really come out and admitted it's a factor, the sooner we change our captain, the better.

Can you just imagine how a Dave Mackay would react to such a challenge, if you could call it that, or the intelligent Danny Blanchflower?

If Burnley, or any other club, is more motivated because they are playing at Wembley, I'd be hoping that in our dressing room before the game, our captain would be telling us to grow up and thrash the fuckers.

So, 3 'home' games and 2 points from 9.

That's relegation home form, and if we can't beat Burnley or Swansea there, who exactly can we beat ?

Give players an excuse and they will take it.

Maybe the manager should try something different as well....

Back to the bottle job Spurs we know and love, mentally weak and brittle.

Should have Gone MK or Portman road

Hi, my first post on this as a Spurs frustrated fan, what on earth did he switch Trippier to LB did you notice the only passes he made were back to Vertongen!
Not once did he try to pass the defender. A professional footballer who can't kick with both feet.
Coaching youngsters I made them use BOTH feet.
To me that was the main area where we failed. Should have put Lorentie on and kept Song on left.
Also Sassoko is never a Spurs type of player. He's afraid to take on players " why"
So frustrated at present
Regards

Wembley is no jinx, i mean c'mon people lol.

The players created 26 attempts in the last game there, does that sound like a team bereft of ideas? The problem is we're not taking our opportunities & eventually that's gonna come back to hurt us.

It's going to be embarrassing playing at Wembley in front of 20,000 for PL games, who's going to keep turning up to watch that shit ?

Well i watched the games against Juve, Chelski & Dortmund & we were very good. Burnley & Swansea both came for a draw, neither performance was truly dreadful but we really didn't up the ante until it was too late.

We had 26 attempts in our last game, Swansea had 4. As i said in an earlier post we were not bereft of ideas, far from it in fact. We're simply not taking our chances & that is entirely down to the players.

Big Chiv - 17/9/2017 08:00

So, 3 'home' games and 2 points from 9.

That's relegation home form, and if we can't beat Burnley or Swansea there, who exactly can we beat ?

I got laughed at for saying we would win 4/5 league games at Wembley all season, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bang on.