Weight Training Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

Weight Training Thread

it does force water into the muscle cells, so it does bloat slightly but once on maintenance it shouldn't be an issue.

My belt is slightly tighter but still on top rung !

Yeah temporary water weight is a small price to pay if it helps me maintain strength and lose some fat.

As long as it doesn't form in to a huge beer belly haha...

more likely to be fizzy drinks, wheat and err... well, beer that does that hopefully!

I certainly bloat with too much bread etc.

Got to go into a lower carb phase I think now I'm getting back my confidence in my body being willing to do the training (fingers crossed!) again.

I'm pretty high on protein but there are areas of carbs I can cut back a bit I reckon!

The Fear - 17/3/2013 22:01

However, on shakes, some seem to say consume within 30 mins of making. Out of curiosity, you any idea why it would reduce in usefulness. I can't really see, shaken and left for later, or instantly necked, why there would be degradation.

You ever read anything compelling on that?

Really just a curiosity rather than anything of massive importance. That said, to take a ready mixed shake for the night I'd not mind doing, god knows I get up enough, but not sure I'd want to start mixing because I tend to wake myself up messing about and then I'm done sleep wise!

Within 20mins! The proteins lose potency, most chemical cocktails/emulsions have a best before : ) Just the same as out of date protein supplements, they have just dropped in potency, if you wanted a shake for later, put 50% extra in the shaker to make up for loss, but remember that you'll have to give it a good shake to remix after standing, so you may as well just have the ingredients ready : )

Bear Grylls - 19/3/2013 16:31

Yeah temporary water weight is a small price to pay if it helps me maintain strength and lose some fat.

As long as it doesn't form in to a huge beer belly haha...

Creatine MUST be fully dissolved before taking, exceeding the amount taken in one sitting to lessen the loading disruption is NOT recommended and can lead to diarrhoea and stomach cramps.

Obviously your water intake should be at least 50% greater than it is now, or the creatine will leach water from other areas of the body and you do not want that!

To burn that fat, I heartily recommend the 30 second flat out, 3 min recovery interval training, 2 min warm up, 30 second flat out, 3 min recovery and repeat 6 times job done, that's 21 mins and just 3 mins of hard work! It works better than 30/30's and pretty much everything else.

For those that want to improve health, posture, pull in their stomachs etc. Planks are ace (and total bastards) ...

Been doing this since my return. Starts well, must admit the 10 second x 3 with a minute rest at the end is ridiculous, too easy after building to 90 seconds in my humble, but like the theory of tensing all over. Just did 3 x 30 seconds with 30 second breaks. I would like to do longer but have to be careful of the brain cavity pressure!

Attachments

• planks.jpg
    planks.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
What's the best way of losing belly fat / love handles?

I'm 40 and 32 waist plus still play footy 3 times a week but need to lose a bit around the belly.

One good way is the interval training,see my post on last page or two.

Go for the 30 seconds flat out, 3 mins at a lower rate to recover, then another 30 flat out etc.

Nice dumbbell routine to tone up and build a bit of muscle is great.

Also loads of good stuff in the great weight loss thread...

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33171&start=1803&posts=1808

But the interval training,mcoupled with a decent diet (I don't mean dieting) should torch that fat and get your metabolism working very nicely.

Other tips from that thread is move move. Use stairs not escalators, get out and walk at lunch times etched etc.

http://classicphysiquebuilder.blogspot.co.uk/2007/09/eating-for-classic-physique-steve.html?m=1

Quite interesting

http://www.livestrong.com/article/239995-what-are-the-health-benefits-of-knox-gelatin/

Doesn't seem too keen on gelatin

My figures are a bit up and down.

:21:

Oh hang on, that is what I want!

:4:

Bit of a trial with how my :16: are but I'm progressing.

Weight up, as it should be, muscle! And body fat down to 19% which was a nice surprise when I tested earlier as I've looked at no figures for the last 4 weeks.

This is coming to the end of my 8th week so going to have to change / shake it up next week.

Hopefully Steff might have time to make a suggestion, if not I'll either do a week or two sloooooow or go the total opposite and speed up!

Green tea... Read a fair bit but not sure how much difference if any/which would be best between green tea to drink or extract to take. Hate drinking it ( and normal tea) always get a sore throat.

http://tinyurl.com/cfg23jk

The Fear - 27/3/2013 17:46

Hopefully Steff might have time to make a suggestion, if not I'll either do a week or two sloooooow or go the total opposite and speed up!

Run the workout in reverse, and go slow, a 2/2 is fine, this will also get your joints used to the increased load.

I advise against "speed" momentum lifting has its place, just not with you at this moment in time.

Been doing a 3/3 at your recommendation. Will shift to 2/2 cheers. That will facilitate slightly higher weights actually.

In reverse just gets body guessing I suppose, ie thinks I'm going to start with bicep curls and instead do triceps etc?

Cool. Noted. Want to start (re start) interval training but going to wait until garage is converted in April, been freezing in there and I already have enough battles without making myself worse, I can be freezing on a hot summers day when my brain decides so not going to push it.

Can't wait to get garage sorted, should be a nice little gym for me!

The Fear - 27/3/2013 19:02

Green tea... Read a fair bit but not sure how much difference if any/which would be best between green tea to drink or extract to take. Hate drinking it ( and normal tea) always get a sore throat.

http://tinyurl.com/cfg23jk

May I suggest you try different brands, I find some give me a sore throat while others do not, I prefer double dragon, available from most health food shops.

I've gone from consuming vast amounts of coffee to just one in the morning and mostly green tea for the rest of the day.

The Fear - 27/3/2013 21:43

In reverse just gets body guessing I suppose, ie thinks I'm going to start with bicep curls and instead do triceps etc?

It shocks the body, but more than that, it gives the other muscles a chance at going first, they will respond to this : )