Weight Training Thread | Page 157 | Vital Football

Weight Training Thread

And this, but I will still be using dumbbells

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/arm_machines/bodysolid_commercial_preacher_curl_bench_/7093_p.html

SKEGGY - 14/7/2014 17:34

Cuban Press to strengthen the rotator cuff! Obviously a lightweight but any good?

That's a blast from the past! Great exercise Skeggy, as long as it is very strict, start to feel any pain in the joints you stop immediately, that isn't "I'll just push through this set and see what it's like" :17:

Start lighter than you think you should on a shoulder that has already been thoroughly warmed up :35:

I always appreciate Juan's help and support but blinking hell he's a notch-ist so and so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thought with the arms it was worth the treat as the bike has had to go and I sacked my cleaner for going on about 'bloody immigrants' (not having that shite in my house) so got a bit more money for a gym addition.

The hammer isolation you have me doing I think will be much better on this especially!

:1: :30:

And to think the excuses some come up with not to keep fit!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Tried the sitting front dumbbell raises as described earlier by Juan and Fear. I started light and I can honestly say Juan is a sadist. I'm glad I did that exercise last as it's a true killer. Did the Cubans lightweight they're a great one going to add both those and the former to shoulder day.

Amazing isn't it Skeggy?

I started off what I thought was light the first time I tried and fell apart!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKEGGY - 15/7/2014 10:50

I started light and I can honestly say Juan is a sadist.

Moi!?

Massive congratulations Skeggy, a truly momentous moment, your bab has joined the gym :1: Proud mate, some decisions are life changers, she has just changed hers :4:

Good girl! :1: :1: :1:

Fecking ell...! lol

That is all I have to say about my arm session today.

That's in a good way btw!

Oh and put the trunk things I train in on and thought I must have shrunk them because they were tight. Then I realised, my legs are growing!!!!!!!!!!!! :85:

What?

Yes, yes, new bench has five notches. Stop going on about it people.

Nice bit of kit actually, apart from needing a new back pad as that one has a small rip in it!

Gutted, was expecting to be shopping for a multi gym for me shed by now, feckin forgot to strenthen the floor base before putting the shed up :( got to cut out the shed floor with me dad and concrete it will have to wait now ffs gutted lol

5 genuine slow down ,slow up,nose to the floor ,body straight ,press ups.
Get in !
That`s a first for a good 10 years.

Thanks Mr.Fear.Quality not quantity.

btw Juan,I`ve had /having some medical things going on at the moment so none of my usual stuff going on,but I haven`t stoppped the wall press ups and the dumbbell exercise for my back and my son is now taking me to the gym tomorrow to do some arm exercises.

The owner of the gym I go to was there this evening. He was a competition bodybuilder back in the day and in his late 60's now. Still doing a bit.

I caught him watching me and said come on then tell me what I'm doing wrong. He said nothing yet and I was just about to come over and compliment you on your form. He did tell me to use slightly lighter dumbbells though for a couple of the routines.

Thank-you for your guidance chaps - it's working!

Great news club. And obviously you can change the tempo about to further shock the body as you get your confidence up. I find when I'm struggling with the slow up, I can power up and then do slow down to get a few more reps done. I've even failed going up, so gone back to the start and done another lowering myself or two.

Fabulous compliment from the boss Cheshire. Always seems strange advice to lower the weights doesn't it!!?? But it is advice I heeded a long long time ago. Firm believer in the only competition being you!

Love this thread and the time Juan puts in. Not many professionals care to do stuff for free.