wee_od's scouting reports | Page 2 | Vital Football

wee_od's scouting reports

looks good Tic!

I've found a report on ImScouting which looks at players with a lot of potential or who are already pretty good who play for clubs set to go out of the champions league after the group stages so I might have a look at some of them but unfortunately they are kind of nobodys so there is not a lot of information about them! most of them are younger 21 or 22 year olds who they have identified as having a lot of potential to go on to bigger and better things. a couple of the midfielders i added in yesterday are two of the midfielders from that report. a couple of strikers and some defenders to look at......lol I wont do it right now though, I will let you have a break after all the stuff i did yesterday! lol.

TicV"Establishment" - 3/12/2010 11:18

You're more than welcome, mate!

Stev is calling in security in case anyone tries to steal you :emoticon:46

Yep, I damn hate these January transfer windows!

:emoticon:83

wee_od_88 - 3/12/2010 11:16

looks good Tic!

I've found a report on ImScouting which looks at players with a lot of potential or who are already pretty good who play for clubs set to go out of the champions league after the group stages so I might have a look at some of them but unfortunately they are kind of nobodys so there is not a lot of information about them! most of them are younger 21 or 22 year olds who they have identified as having a lot of potential to go on to bigger and better things. a couple of the midfielders i added in yesterday are two of the midfielders from that report. a couple of strikers and some defenders to look at......lol I wont do it right now though, I will let you have a break after all the stuff i did yesterday! lol.

Ha! I've got your other striker one to do for tomorrow..but it's a pleasure doing them. You add new ones in whenever you get round to it, I know you have to work as well, mate. I'll break them up into article sized bites, and then stagger the publishing of them.

I'm really pleased you like the finished look of the articles.

sounds great, how much compensation do you think you could get if they steal me away??? haha

yeah I will just add in anything I find from now on and I will let you make up the article however you see fit with the information I give you lol. It does look good though, more than happy with it! just need some reaction on what people think of them now! lol

ok, so has anyone noticed any similarities from my scouting reports??

Almost all the players I have looked at are either, playing in Sweden, playing in Holland or are Swedish....lol. Well there is a good reason for that, they are good players, should be within range of our budget and they are or should be available, simple as that really!

So that brings me onto some more players I have come across, the first is Slovenian but guess where he plays.......Holland! (Well done and give yourself a pat on the back if you guessed correctly! lol) Now this guy is quite young, 21, but he has already been tracked by Fiorentina when only 18 before signing a deal with FC Groningen and now this season he has been tracked by Newcastle United, however with their change of management, their interest is now thought to have cooled as the new manager will have his own ideas.

His name is Tim Matavz, he is a Slovenian international, is roughly 6ft 2 and had his breakthrough season last year where he scored 14 goals in 34 games and contributed 4 assists with almost half of those games being from the bench. So far this season, 14 goals and 5 assists in 25 games in all competitions and only 4 games he has come off the bench, it is no wonder he is attracting interest. His current deal expires in the summer of 2013 but he is only valued around £1.5M - £2.5M, that should be easy enough for us to buy.

[YOUTUBE=GKYCz4CTefM]

For me, this guy is quite like another young striker I've been going on and on about for ages, Rasmus Jonsson. They are very similar in their style of play I think. Both pacey, both tall and good with their head but equally or even better with the ball at their feet and are technically very good. Both also have a good eye for goal and make finishing look easy. They can ride tackles and take on physical defenders as well. All in all, two very good strikers, either of which would be cracking buys in my opinion.

Next up, a Dutchman, surprise surprise! lol. Daniel De Ridder is available to sign a pre-contract in January since his contract is up at the end of the season although if he was to leave in January, it would not cost much, if any money! Currently on loan with Hapoel Tel Aviv until January, 26 year old De Ridder is a product of the Ajax youth academy and made 30 appearances for Ajax, playing in the Champions League and winning the league with the Dutch giants. He then moved to Celta Vigo but was not there long before Steven Bruce snapped him up for Birmingham City. He played his last game for Birmingham back in 2008 when Alex McLeish decided De Ridder was more suited to a more passing style of play that Birmingham were not, his contract was ended by mutual consent and the next day, Steve Bruce snapped him up again and took him to Wigan. Unfortunately for De Ridder, a change of management once again meant he fell out of favour with the new manager and as such has lost form and market value.

With pace, ridiculous skill and a cracking delivery both from open play and set pieces (typical Dutch player really) he is a very gifted player. He is a determined winger who makes space for himself, likes to pass and move and can ride a challenge.

If anyone is reading this and is not convinced about him, just watch the video of him playing for Birmingham and taking the piss out of Arsenal of all teams! Impressive doesnt do it justice!

[YOUTUBE=aQLniBKNHug]

And this one shows his time at Ajax and Celta Vigo

[YOUTUBE=dtv5AiOlDtI]

Quite possibly one of the best freebies going right now! He just needs to rediscover his form and have a manager who believes in him to help him rediscover it. You don't just lose ability like this man has. Considering he would be free and at 26, he is WELL worth a gamble!

It's defender time again!

These defenders may be fairly unknown but thats what we need to look for in order to get a bargain. The first of these players is still young but has loads of potential to go onto bigger things. The rest of these players are that little bit older where they have succesfully cemented their place and are settled in their positions. All of these players have or are currently part of their respective national squads.

First up, Partizan Belgrade's 22 year old, 6ft 2, Marko Jovanovic. A central defender who can also play very well at RB. Jovanovic has been part of the Serbia U21 squad and is likely to make the step up to the full national squad.

Jovanovic has everything a defender needs to be a succes, speed, strength and he is good in the air. All he needs is his opportunity to show just how good he can be.
Valued at around £1M - £2M but with only 18months left on his current contract and experience of Europe already on his CV, is he the sort of versatile defender Celtic could do with??

Up next is Polonia Warsaw's 25 year old, 6ft 2, Tomasz Jodlowiec. A central defender who can also be used as a defensive midfielder. Tomasz Jodlowiec is strong, quick, good in the air and has good technical ability. He has become a key member of his team's defence and his ability has been recognized by Poland at international level.

Tomasz Jodlowiec has 2 years left on his current contract and is valued at around £1M - £1.5M. This may not sound like a lot of money but we all know that the Celtic board will not spend much money on a player for this position! However, a key possibility with this player, is that his club are looking at taking Zaluska, could a swap deal be realistic?

IFK Goteburg's 24 year old, 6ft 1, Icelandic international defender Ragnar Sigurdsson is up next. Sigurdsson is strong, quick, good in the air, has good vision and is a great tackler. He is comfortable with the ball at his feet and is not shy in taking the ball for a walk up to the other end of the pitch.

[YOUTUBE=50uzEEaqyNc]

Sigurdsson was close to moving to Bordeaux but opted to extend his stay in Sweden at the time. His contract runs out in 6 months time and that could see interest in the promising young defender intensify. Valued at around £1M-£1.5M, he would not break the bank and would obviously be available for less considering his contract situation.

This video of him may make any doubters think twice as well......lol

[YOUTUBE=AJ071WGkhD0]

The last defender on the list for now is a RB. Mikael Lustig is a 24 year old Swedish international RB. At 6ft 2, he is not the sort of RB to get caught out by high balls into the box. Playing for Rosenborg since 2008, Lustig is a very pacey RB and that ensures he is always up with play. He loves to attack, is good with both feet and if he gets space to shoot after cutting inside, he will take the shot. With 5 goals and 6 assists last season, his ability to attack from RB are unquestionable. His crossing ability and his ability to read the game well makes him a good RB.

in this video, he scores the second goal and well...........well just watch this!

[YOUTUBE=te4yEEE28r8]

His value varies, some say £1M-£2M while others say £2M-£3M....either way, he appears to be a class defender and is equally good in attack. One slightly better piece of news on his market value is that his contract runs out in 12 months, this could leave room for negotiation over the price! The only problem with Lustig is that he currently plays for Rosenborg, are Celtic currently a bigger club?? Can we even match Rosenborg's wages?

cracking goal with his left foot here as well

[YOUTUBE=F00UXLwTF7M]

lovin all this scouting stuff wee_od_88. didn't know a thing about mollins until you done your stuff. de ridder looks good but would he not cost a bit? still dont understand why we havent bought that ramis guy!

startin to think someone at our club likes shite defenders

Cheers Caspar! I love Molins...looks a cracking talent! De Ridder, believe it or not is available for free on a pre-contract this January as his contract expires in the summer! One of the reasons I put him in is because of that. Birmingham just dont want him at all....Alex McCleish at his best! lol. We may have to fight off interest from Hapoel Tel Aviv where he is currently on loan until January, but I think if we wanted, we could get him here! Not even sure if Hapoel want to keep him or not....havent heard anything about it if they do!

Ramis, as in the Spanish defender from Mallorca? He signed a new 5 year deal, the club got saved from their money problems I believe and have managed to keep a load of their players and sign half of them on a new long term deals unfortunately for us! He was left out of the side at the start of the season and their form was a bit mixed, more bad than good, they brought Ramis back into the team and now they look much more solid at the back.

thanks for info. we missed a trick with that ramis!

de ridder sounds promising. you think he'd handle the rough and tumble of spl mate?

dont see why De Ridder couldnt take it.....in the videos he rides a lot of tackles well and keeps fighting on. He has the skill and speed to avoid the rough and tumble though, thats the fun part! :D

we did miss out on Ramis, Tic would agree with you there as well. He is clearly a good defender in La Liga....if you are even decent there, your good over here!

wee_od_88 - 14/12/2010 21:21

dont see why De Ridder couldnt take it.....in the videos he rides a lot of tackles well and keeps fighting on. He has the skill and speed to avoid the rough and tumble though, thats the fun part! :D

we did miss out on Ramis, Tic would agree with you there as well. He is clearly a good defender in La Liga....if you are even decent there, your good over here!

Yes, I was really gutted when that deal for Ramis fell through.
There was no fault on Celtic's or the players side to that one, it was a last minute injury that scuppered the deal going through. His agent wasn't helping the deal to progress but I'm certain we'd have worked round him.

I don't know why we didn't go back for him during the summer, though. Maybe Lenny held on too long waiting for Campbell?

Campbell...theres one I'm glad we missed out on!!! haha! has he even made an appearance for Newcastle yet??? lol

wee_od_88 - 14/12/2010 21:56

Campbell...theres one I'm glad we missed out on!!! haha! has he even made an appearance for Newcastle yet??? lol

Makes cracking soup though! :emoticon:64

Guillermo Molins...

It has recently been reported that Scottish giants Celtic and Dutch Eredivisie side FC Groningen are keen on signing the player as early as in the upcoming January transfer window.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Guillermo-Molins-Malmo-FF-and-Swedens-right-wing-wizard-attracting-interest-from-Celtic-and-Groningen/12752/

Not sure if there's any truth in it but you never know, od. Either way, you got there first mate :emoticon:14

<b><a style='color:#CC0000' href='http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=221659 ' target="blank">Vital Celtic Scouting Report. #1</a></b>

DAMN RIGHT! Could just be the media picking up on my scouting reports but I REALLY hope we are looking into signing him! I will be a VERY happy bunny!

It's January transfer window time! It has been a while since my last report, or at least it feels like it.......maybe thats just because of how long Tic took to sober up and actually make the articles (still got a striker and midfielder who havent been put into articles btw).....haha! only kidding Tic, I know you are busy!

So time for a couple of RBs that might be cheaper to buy or possibly even free, rather than getting this Croatian boy we have had on trial. I found these two ages ago when I first started these reports but was never too sure how good they were. However, Santa Claus brought me Fifa11 for my Ps3 this Christmas and having consulted that.....I decided they could be good options!

First up, Daryl Janmaat. Dutch RB or RWB currently playing at Sc Heerenveen.
Not a lot of info or videos on his play but from what I can tell, he likes to go forward as he is pretty quick. He is around 6ft tall and is built quite well so he is no pushover.
I think he is probably quite like Hinkel to be honest. Cant think of any other RB to compare him to.
He is only 21 years old at the moment but has been playing first team football in Holland since he was 17 or 18 years old!
He has 18 months left on his current contract but is only valued at around £880 000 according to transfermarkt.com and that was roughly the same as what Fifa11 valued him at as well.

The other option is 23 year old Pablo Cendros. Spanish RB currently playing at Mallorca. His current contract runs out in 6 months so is available on a pre-contract which is what first made me look at him as I know that is the sort of deals we are looking to make. Cendros is a smaller RB than Janmaat but I think he is quicker, more of an Izzaguire style fullback. Cendros can apparently, despite his size, play at centre half as well as RB.
It is only this season that he has actually started to play for Mallorca having started in the Mallorca B team and then ahving spent the past three seasons on loan at Benidorm in the second division where he made 37 appearances, only 8 appearances the next season with Tenerife in the second division and last season he made 35 appearances for Levante where he was one of the mainstays in the Levante defence which helped them return to La Liga.
This season he has started 10 of Mallorca's 16 games and made one sub appearance this season, helping Mallorca to 10th in La Liga. This season has seen his market value grow considerably and he is now valued at around £1.3M but as I said, he is available on a pre-contract.

I'll get something done with that in the next few days, od...now that I'm sober again :emoticon:17

btw, Willie McStay has taken Jason Marr on loan at Ross County until the end of the season. And the trialist, Ruelas, has gone home to Mexico.

Latest Celtic News