Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation | Page 12 | Vital Football

Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation

Di Matteo - West Brom
Jokanovic 2 - Watford/Fulham
Karanka - Boro
Wagner - Hudders
Farke - Norwich probably

Any others?

Nuno Espirito Santo and Rafa Benitez spring to mind.

There wont be too many as their popularity in the EFL has only grown over the last 5 to 6 years; prior to that the only foreign managers outside of the PL tended to be the house hold names like De Matteo and Poyet.

Nuno Espirito Santo and Rafa Benitez spring to mind.

Oh yeah, how could I forget them, although tbf with the squad Rafa had I think I could have got Newcastle up.

Was Jean Tigina (spell check) at Fulham too, not even sure that was this century though.

After watching the ifollow match replay, that result was a travesty.

MON is clearly still shuffling the pack, as you'd expect from a new manager (and I think AK went on doing it for longer than many fans liked). Steele came in and made a couple of good saves first half, then cost us a goal right at the start of the second half after we should have gone in 1-0 ahead.

Scrappier game than it sounded on the radio, but we should have had two or three. Grabban not playing Lolley in first half, Grabban's poor pass to Cash straight after their first goal, Lolley failing to beat the keeper from six yards first half...

After Steele's blunder, we inevitably had a belter from Boyd, and they wrapped it up with a lucky rebound setting up their third. So what do the keyboard warriors think now? Does this show that we shouldn't play a young, attacking side?

No - it proves O'Neill is crap, because that's what you started out believing and nothing will shake your faith. If a 3-0 home win didn't change your mind, a 3-0 away defeat sure won't. Pathetic.

MON is clearly still shuffling the pack, as you'd expect from a new manager (and I think AK went on doing it for longer than many fans liked). Steele came in and made a couple of good saves first half, then cost us a goal right at the start of the second half after we should have gone in 1-0 ahead.

Scrappier game than it sounded on the radio, but we should have had two or three. Grabban not playing Lolley in first half, Grabban's poor pass to Cash straight after their first goal, Lolley failing to beat the keeper from six yards first half...

After Steele's blunder, we inevitably had a belter from Boyd, and they wrapped it up with a lucky rebound setting up their third. So what do the keyboard warriors think now? Does this show that we shouldn't play a young, attacking side?

No - it proves O'Neill is crap, because that's what you started out believing and nothing will shake your faith. If a 3-0 home win didn't change your mind, a 3-0 away defeat sure won't. Pathetic.

I didn't start out believing that.

I watched the game last night and it has begun to change my mind.

What I watched was awful. Slow, ponderous, error ridden, half hearted, style-less and bereft of quality.

I cannot defend what I watched last night, nor try to argue that the way we played wasn't a massive step backwards from how it was under the last manager

Can I have some of what you have obviously been taking?

The only travesty was our performance.

First half both teams were equally shit bit in the second half Sheff Wed woke up a bit. We didn’t and by the end deserved exactly what we got which was bugger all.

And for the record, like many others I wanted MoN to do well despite my reservations but what we have been served up is dire, abject football with results to match. How precisely am I expected to feel?

Yes I agree with that. I watched the match live. The 3-0 scoreline flattered Wednesday. We played decent football in the first half and should have gone in ahead. Our decision making in the final third let us down big time.

In the second half Steele's blunder led to our heads dropping and the screamer from Boyd (nowt wrong with his eyesight!). The third was really jammy.

I'm not saying we played well, just that it wasn't half as bad as some on here made out.

Last edited:
I didn't start out believing that.

I watched the game last night and it has begun to change my mind.

What I watched was awful. Slow, ponderous, error ridden, half hearted, style-less and bereft of quality.

I cannot defend what I watched last night, nor try to argue that the way we played wasn't a massive step backwards from how it was under the last manager
I'm disappointed in you!

I can't defend the Rotherham game (though we hit the post twice), but even with five changes we looked a lot better last night. Byram, Yates, Colback, Lolley all did well, Appiah and Cash so-so. But RN were spot-on that it's the decision making in the final third which still lets us down every time.

I'm disappointed in you!

I can't defend the Rotherham game (though we hit the post twice), but even with five changes we looked a lot better last night. Byram, Yates, Colback, Lolley all did well, Appiah and Cash so-so. But RN were spot-on that it's the decision making in the final third which still lets us down every time.
I'm not sure why you are disappointed in me seeing the game differently. We'll agree on some things and not on others, this is the latter

I felt decision making all over the pitch was poor, but I reiterate all of the previous criticisms because they describe exactly the faults I found.

I'm not sure why you are disappointed in me seeing the game differently. We'll agree on some things and not on others, this is the latter

I felt decision making all over the pitch was poor, but I reiterate all of the previous criticisms because they describe exactly the faults I found.
Obviously my disappointment is that I now seem to be the only one on Vital not calling for MON to go.

Not that I'm totally happy - quite apart from recent results, I want him to play Carvalho. But the degree of hatred for someone coming in with the January window already under way, with no fit CBs and the top scorer crocked, is shocking.

Can I have some of what you have obviously been taking?

The only travesty was our performance.

First half both teams were equally shit bit in the second half Sheff Wed woke up a bit. We didn’t and by the end deserved exactly what we got which was bugger all.

And for the record, like many others I wanted MoN to do well despite my reservations but what we have been served up is dire, abject football with results to match. How precisely am I expected to feel?
It’s shit, Pebble. Horrible hoof ball shit. And if he somehow manages to be here next season, it will only get worse. Lolley will be gone, Carvalho will be gone, Watson and Murphy will probably get one year extensions. McClean will come in, someone like Long, and any other 6’4” players he can get his hands on. Don’t ask me who I want next year, as I don’t know; but what I do know is, I don’t want him or Roy Keane here.

It’s shit, Pebble. Horrible hoof ball shit. And if he somehow manages to be here next season, it will only get worse. Lolley will be gone, Carvalho will be gone, Watson and Murphy will probably get one year extensions. McClean will come in, someone like Long, and any other 6’4” players he can get his hands on. Don’t ask me who I want next year, as I don’t know; but what I do know is, I don’t want him or Roy Keane here.
Fine - that's your opinion.

All I ask is that if he's still here next season you give him till Christmas in line with tradition. (Unless we're bottom of the table after 10 games!)

Every new manager finds some fans resolutely opposed to him. They always go on about how much better it was under the previous manager. If they shout loud enough and the owner is influenced, they may even get their way and force the manager out. This hasn't worked very well for the club.

All I ask is that if he's still here next season you give him till Christmas in line with tradition. (Unless we're bottom of the table after 10 games!)

Every new manager finds some fans resolutely opposed to him. They always go on about how much better it was under the previous manager. If they shout loud enough and the owner is influenced, they may even get their way and force the manager out. This hasn't worked very well for the club.
I genuinely believe that if we do give him till Christmas, that we will be relegation fodder.

But if we're not doing well after 10 games EM will no doubt pull the plug anyway (if he doesn't do so in May!)

Don't think your Christmas anxieties are realistic.
Why do you believe he deserves till Christmas?

Forest have a big squad, yes a few injuries too (but so did Wednesday) - but, I'm starting to wonder whether MON is just making changes for the sake of it or to just appease the fans?

Bridcutt has been bombed out; Gueddy, Bonatini, Goncalves & Milosevic haven't made the squad for a while and Osborn & Watson (<- thankfully) are left out of the matchday 18 last night.... harsh on Osborn, but I think the problem is where does he fit into the 11?

Robinson was far from good, but he is a better left back and hard to judge Appiah. Byram was probably our best player,
Yates did ok?

MON thinks we were excellent first half, I thought we were average but yet again made poor decisions with the final ball, carried it too far & lost it rather than passing.

Ball greedy, selfish, lacking real fitness, rash challenges (Loony especially) some need to look at putting studs into their boots given how often they fall over and we looked a team of individuals rather than a team - could that be down to the disruption caused by making 5 changes.

Fair enough, freshen it up - but it seems that MON is giving players games to see whether he will keep them or does he pick the squad by raffle tickets?!

Defensively - specifically, at centre half we looked suspect and I'm convinced that part of the problem is that we do not have a settled side, with a style of play that suits the players. For the last few games, Lolley has a free role - but he is better on the wing and Carvalho keeps being left out??????

Said on the other thread.... MON talks a good game, but I've yet to see any evidence that he can get this group of players, to play a good game. Again - our substitutions appear ill judged in recent games.

To put it in perspective, in the last 6 games - we were deservedly beaten last night, got lucky against Swansea, schooled by Villa, beaten by Rotherham and clung on against Ipswich.... yes, we beat Hull 3-0 but that was woeful apart from last 20 mins.

Not looking forward to Saturday - just hope they play with some passion/pride!

His shit

Why give him time? He's shown his true colours, the football will be shite and he'll sign completely inappropriate players just leaving us further in debt and damage the careers of anyone even vaguely talented.

Bit extreme. He's hardly ripping the heart out of the club, he was just always the wrong type of manager for the group of players we have.

Was bit like buying high end landscape gardening gear & the sacking your landscape artist & replacing him with a farmer.

Heyyy, what you saying? At least us farmers will be eco conscious and build with hemprcrete and have real organic environments not plastic non sustainable grey with a lawn :p