Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation | Vital Football

Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation

Galaxy42

Vital Football Hero
Lets be honest, we've been fairly shit for the last month, with a flukey 2-1 home win over Swansea sandwiched in the middle of two slices of shitty bread.

So, Wednesday away is exactly the type of game we'd usually turn up & win. Not this time though obviously, this time we've gone far too deep into the shit to pull it back.

Anyway, I started looking for extra match detail but lost interest, it's probably gonna rain.

Fuck it, I'm going to Smyths to buy a jigsaw.

The only ray of light (other than the fact that I have a client meeting at 6pm & therefore can't go) is that Barry Bannan - who I think is there best player, is injured.

Like Villa, they have a very big squad, with plenty of quality (& the giant Nuhiu up front too) and they have been underperforming until Bruce came in.

Very hard to get motivated by Forest (yet again) & whilst I will renew, it will be interesting to see MON selection & how he goes about making sure, with his subs, that The Owls get all 3 points.

I'd get Robinson back in for Osborn, Carvalho in for Murphy and Pele/Yates in for Watson. Maybe even Appiah in for Cash, no idea how good he is but we need to start making something happen.

A proactive manager would make attacking changes & go after the win, but I just can't see O'Niell being proactive. More likely try to keep it at 0-0 for an hour & then try to tweak things to nick a goal, by witch time we'll be 2 goals down of course.

I am an optimist by nature, but just can't see it.

I'd get Robinson back in for Osborn, Carvalho in for Murphy and Pele/Yates in for Watson. Maybe even Appiah in for Cash, no idea how good he is but we need to start making something happen.

I'd play Byram instead of Janko - he's had 2 full games for u23's so give him a go.

I have no idea why Robinson is not playing at LB ahead of Osborn, Carvalho for Murphy - but he is more likely to play a 3rd CM and Milosevic for Wague.

Get Lolley on the wing!!!!

Gueddy is AWOL? and I'd certainly prefer Pele to start ahead of Yates & Watson.... but Colback is on 14 yellows, so 1 more booking & he misses 3 games!

Very hard to get motivated by Forest (yet again) & whilst I will renew, it will be interesting to see MON selection & how he goes about making sure, with his subs, that The Owls get all 3 points.

I have already renewed, but while I believe every manager should be given the relevant time required to become successful, I just can't see O'Neill being our manager at the start of next season unless there is a pretty big turnaround in form between now & the end of the season.

I've renewed too, I'm not sure why! Didn't realise Byram is back. I can't see O'Neill being manager next season either, I'm just hoping they don't give him a few months and end up changing manager, players and tactics mid-season again.

I have already renewed, but while I believe every manager should be given the relevant time required to become successful, I just can't see O'Neill being our manager at the start of next season unless there is a pretty big turnaround in form between now & the end of the season.

Can't see the form changing, the side is disjointed, lacking cohesion, leadership & quality.

I just wonder how long before the crowd turns against him?

Gueddy is AWOL? and I'd certainly prefer Pele to start ahead of Yates & Watson.... but Colback is on 14 yellows, so 1 more booking & he misses 3 games!

No idea what is going on with Guedioura, I thought he was one of our better players towards the start of the season & one of our only genuine box to box players. Suspect O'Neill prefers steady players that make short passes to retain possession rather than players like Gueddy who will try to create something but occasionally lose possession as a result.

As for Colback, don't shoot me down for being stupidly optimistic, but if he's going to miss 3 games, wouldn't it be better now than in the play offs.......

No idea what is going on with Guedioura, I thought he was one of our better players towards the start of the season & one of our only genuine box to box players. Suspect O'Neill prefers steady players that make short passes to retain possession rather than players like Gueddy who will try to create something but occasionally lose possession as a result.

As for Colback, don't shoot me down for being stupidly optimistic, but if he's going to miss 3 games, wouldn't it be better now than in the play offs.......

:guns:

We need to win 5 from 6 games to have even the remotest chance!

What are these “short passes” you speak of?

Another must win game, so probably 3 deep midfielders Murphy starting as loan striker. I get the feeling Mon is waiting for next season before mounting a push for the top 6, playing the long game.

I have to say I wasn't thrilled when we got O'Neill. He talks a good line comes across as an intelligent man and it's always interesting to hear his opinions on games but..... I don't like his football so far or the team selections or the crappy results. Otherwise everything is fine. I suspect this is the end of playoff game (actually last Saturday's long ballfest was) but hey-ho. Hopefully we'll get Wagner in for the Summer. Having said all that, given his history with the club you have to hope he succeeds.

Last edited: