Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation | Page 11 | Vital Football

Wednesday v Forest ** Match Fred Sponsored By The Bobby Larson Must Win Game For Clueless Managers Foundation

WTF??? Course we all want some stability, but not while Stegosaurus rips the heart out of the club!

Bit extreme. He's hardly ripping the heart out of the club, he was just always the wrong type of manager for the group of players we have.

Was bit like buying high end landscape gardening gear & the sacking your landscape artist & replacing him with a farmer.

Forest have a big squad, yes a few injuries too (but so did Wednesday) - but, I'm starting to wonder whether MON is just making changes for the sake of it or to just appease the fans?

Bridcutt has been bombed out; Gueddy, Bonatini, Goncalves & Milosevic haven't made the squad for a while and Osborn & Watson (<- thankfully) are left out of the matchday 18 last night.... harsh on Osborn, but I think the problem is where does he fit into the 11?

Robinson was far from good, but he is a better left back and hard to judge Appiah. Byram was probably our best player, Yates did ok?

MON thinks we were excellent first half, I thought we were average but yet again made poor decisions with the final ball, carried it too far & lost it rather than passing.

Ball greedy, selfish, lacking real fitness, rash challenges (Loony especially) some need to look at putting studs into their boots given how often they fall over and we looked a team of individuals rather than a team - could that be down to the disruption caused by making 5 changes.

Fair enough, freshen it up - but it seems that MON is giving players games to see whether he will keep them or does he pick the squad by raffle tickets?!

Defensively - specifically, at centre half we looked suspect and I'm convinced that part of the problem is that we do not have a settled side, with a style of play that suits the players. For the last few games, Lolley has a free role - but he is better on the wing and Carvalho keeps being left out??????

Said on the other thread.... MON talks a good game, but I've yet to see any evidence that he can get this group of players, to play a good game. Again - our substitutions appear ill judged in recent games.

To put it in perspective, in the last 6 games - we were deservedly beaten last night, got lucky against Swansea, schooled by Villa, beaten by Rotherham and clung on against Ipswich.... yes, we beat Hull 3-0 but that was woeful apart from last 20 mins.

Not looking forward to Saturday - just hope they play with some passion/pride!

Or the players not right for management team. Farmers are good if you need vegetables and a field of produce is a wonderful sight. Capability Brown took decades to build his landscapes where as a farmer can get produce in the year. Whoever is ploughing the land the field looks pretty awful in the development stage. This season was about going from relegation flirtations to playoff flirtations.
Many stated on this forum that would be happy with top 10 finish. It hasn't helped changing the designer halfway thru but some foundations have been built. We have to get the basics correct first.

The issue is that MoN is playing personnel who do not have that particular set of "skills".

You shitehawk. Toodlebrie

This is exactly the kind of foul abusive snerting I expect from you & the rest of the clique not that I care a jot.

I don’t think it’s even the skills the players just seem to not know what the fuck they are doing or have any awareness of who they’re playing. It’s just hit & hope percentages even the long throws or corners it just seems to be to get it in the box & hope for the best.

Bit extreme. He's hardly ripping the heart out of the club, he was just always the wrong type of manager for the group of players we have.

Was bit like buying high end landscape gardening gear & the sacking your landscape artist & replacing him with a farmer.
Wrong type of manager? He is not even good at playing hoofball! He is completely clueless, he has destroyed our attacking intent and the players don't seem to have a clue what they are supposed to be doing! He finally picks a footballing team and we just keep hoofing long, unable to string more than a few passes together. It is woeful. He needs to go before he does too much damage.

Last edited:
Or the players not right for management team. Farmers are good if you need vegetables and a field of produce is a wonderful sight. Capability Brown took decades to build his landscapes where as a farmer can get produce in the year. Whoever is ploughing the land the field looks pretty awful in the development stage. This season was about going from relegation flirtations to playoff flirtations.
Many stated on this forum that would be happy with top 10 finish. It hasn't helped changing the designer halfway thru but some foundations have been built. We have to get the basics correct first.
That unfortunately is never going to happen under MON. We simply cannot let him dismantle our squad in the summer!

Capability Brown was never the same after being caught with Pete [sic] up his arse.

And as for Flirtations; this season has been nothing but a heartache

He will when he sells all available assets to fulfill his dream of turning us into Hoof FC.

Lolley, Osborb, Grabban, Carvalho, Appiah will all be gone. Incoming Mclean for 5m Gleet Cattermole on a 4 year conetract etc etc

Ok, missed that while reading half asleep this morning.

Apologies CP, makes sense now

Np.

One of my biggest frustrations with appointing MON is that it was always going to end this way.

This has all the feels of when SP was manager when DF was manager

Same old moaners whinging the same idiots who moan about stability

Then won’t give somebody the chance of longer than six months

Then have the gall to say that the fans are not part of the problem

Hang on, lets not rewrite history; you wanted SP out when I was still preaching patience...

Last edited:
The last thing we need is more short termism, and employing managers like Bruce and Warnock is just that.

Germany is the Country turning out promising managers by the dozen; Wagner did a great job at Huddersfield, likewise Farke at Norwich.

They tend to play watchable football, are good at developing youth, and know where there are players back home who are fairly decent and very cheap.

There's plenty to go at and most would jump at the chance to manage over here.

Germany is the Country turning out promising managers by the dozen; Wagner did a great job at Huddersfield, likewise Farke at Norwich.

I'm not against it, but needs to be thoroughly researched with the right candidate, no point hiring a random German just because two had success any more than there is in hiring a random Serbian, or even Spaniard.

Foreign managers getting promoted to the Premier League is still pretty rare, only been 5/6 I think, although clearly getting more common.

Di Matteo - West Brom
Jokanovic 2 - Watford/Fulham
Karanka - Boro
Wagner - Hudders
Farke - Norwich probably

Any others?

Karanka had us time wasting - sorry game “ managing “ after 20 mins . I wasn’t sorry to see the back of him - but not to get the Jurassic twins instead . ?

Karanka had a plan - we were progressing well and challenged the top 6 teams consistently. It wasn't all great, but it was definitely progression and he would have progressed us further next season.

This is all your fault Payola