Watford v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 28th Dec, 3pm | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 28th Dec, 3pm

BEEFY

Vital Football Legend
A gentle reminder that last time we played at Vicarage Rd we celebrated winning a corner like many would a last minute winner. We've come a long way.

That said, I expect nothing from this on the strength of watford now being sound at the back and the dirty blue nose jail bird being desperate to score against us.

Blah blah blah..
Details details...
I know it should read Watford v Aston Villa but I'm nursing a hangover.

It really is ridiculous playing a games on the 26th and then 28th .
Boxing day is fine, but 2 days later?. Shambles

This is where our small squad of usable players will hit us, this and Burnley 3 days later.
Wesley will be playing 3 games in 7 days so will Jack and a few others we don't have viable replacements for.

The big difference between us and Watford is we have Jack and they don't

I do think it’s ridiculous we played yesterday and are playing again tomorrow, could’ve at least moved it to Sunday to give them a little extra rest. As a fan though I’m happy and can’t wait to get to another game so soon after the last. Let’s be honest this time of year would be boring without it, dunno how they cope in Germany with that long winter break.

Watford played yesterday as well , so it's the same for both sides. These games are where tiredness and injuries etc can produce some odd results so I can see us nicking a win. Not overly confident atm though , but I do hope that mentally yesterdays result will have helped a lot.

Watford have only scored 12 goals in 19 games and we all know what that means, we'll kick start their season with our benevolent defending..
Surely if we keep it tight we'll score one at the other end , come on Deano lets have a game plan for this game

Hope so sirdennis, I would imagine most teams must love to face us though, we're so easy, even when we huff and puff, or have some good spells in a game, to play against.

Yes, Watford will be looking to do the double over us to get themselves out of the bottom 3 it's a real 12 pointer coming up

Watfords form has turned around, but they still have weaknesses. Looked to me like they were holding on at Sheffield Utd yesterday, Foster made a couple of blinding saves. Manure should have also been 2 or 3 up before Watford scored the opener.
First goal always seems important in our games, its very rare we go a goal down and get anything out of it.

With our form

With their beginnings of form .

I would take a draw as Fat boy slim would say.. right here , right now.

If Mings is back, Hause at LB and Hourihane as super sub, I think we can get a positive result. Can see it being a draw myself.