Was the moon landing in 1969 a hoax? | Vital Football

Was the moon landing in 1969 a hoax?

G

Great program on last night exploring the evidence from the conspiracy theorists regarding the 1969 moon landing.

What are your thoughts?

Not a hoax. this is same kinda thing as usa were behind twin towers, illuminati nonsense, new world order bla bla bla. bollox

I have seen a similar (if not the same) programme, it's all conspiracy nonsense but bloody interesting nonetheless.

I have a great book on conspiracy theories.

Not a hoax, other countries would have worked so hard to discredit if they could have.

There are some idiots who will believe all sorts, without actually thinking about it themselves. Whilst these people are still around, conspiracy theories like these will always be around.

I don't know whether to pity or despise them. They do nothing positive for the human race.

The flags are still on the moon, the ones flown by the different missions that landed. These apparently can be seen by the correct telescopes and have been bleached white by the radiation from the sun.

There are some idiots who will believe all sorts

This can be said for both sides of the debate though..

If anyone has playback TV then I would recommend watching the program that was on last night - some very, very good arguments siding with the hoax.

Going back to some idiots will believe all sorts - I thought the Americans were VERY convincing regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Looks like I am in the minotity so far, as I have voted hoax.

Forgetting all the "flag wave" "sillhouettes" thing

I base my thought on the fact that they apparently went to the moon in a tin can powered by technology that makes a sinclair spectrum look like the worlds most powerful computer. Truthfully, I bet a Segway has more technology than they had available in 1969

Look at it now, in 2010 NASA stated their goal was to get to the moon by 2020 !!!

10 years to find a way of it happening and thats with todays technology and money - are you telling me they did it 45 yrs ago in less time , with no technology

No chance in my eyes

I have hummed and arrr'd about this for many a year, on the one hand how could they hoax it when the flags and them sensors that beam back the measurments of how far the moon is traveling away from us they planted on there also, but could they have somehow dropped them on there but how could you plant the flags in the ground?

On this basis it had to have happend BUT i wouldn't put anything past the americans tbh lol

If it was a conspiracy then there would have to be the biggest cover up in human history. It would have to be filmed on a sound stage so big it would need to be in an aircraft hangar. Then you'd have to bribe or threaten everyone involved to keep quiet, that's what 1000 people probably? Then you'd have to launch an unmanned spacecraft, then you had have to re-enter it via remote. It's all so much hassle and for what? To say you got to the moon first? If it was that easy to fake then it would be just as easy to uncover.

There are satellite images of space junk left on the moon to this day and it wasn't the only time they went so they'd have to have faked the follow up missions as well, that's one big snowball of lies there.

colavfc - 2/3/2014 10:41

Not a hoax. this is same kinda thing as usa were behind twin towers, illuminati nonsense, new world order bla bla bla. bollox

The moon landing was not a hoax but I wouldn't put it in the same category as the 911 attack.

Green Tea - 2/3/2014 11:17

There are some idiots who will believe all sorts

This can be said for both sides of the debate though..

If anyone has playback TV then I would recommend watching the program that was on last night - some very, very good arguments siding with the hoax.

Going back to some idiots will believe all sorts - I thought the Americans were VERY convincing regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

The arguments are only convincing if you suspend all reality or common sense. Think for yourself, analyse exactly what they are saying and investigate it yourself, and I guarantee you it all falls apart.

As I say, you really have to be a bit dim to be convinced by these things.

holtelower - 2/3/2014 11:41

Forgetting all the "flag wave" "sillhouettes" thing

Why forget this? It's a key piece of evidence? Or is that the way it works? It doesn't support your theory, so we ignore it?

:10: :10: :10: :10: :10:

I struggle to understand how any modern day, educated person could think that it's a hoax.

It was in a time when they were willing to risk lives to get things done. Nowadays everything has to be 99.9% safe before they will consider going back.

There are reflectors left at a couple of the landing sites that bounce laser measuring equipment emissions back to earth.

Images from craft that have orbitted the moon show the landing sites and the vehicle tracks.

Not a hoax.

Elvis, shergar and lord Lucan all live on the moon you know! They had to move from Atlantis after they organised 9-11.

neilh111 - 2/3/2014 14:05

I struggle to understand how any modern day, educated person could think that it's a hoax.

It was in a time when they were willing to risk lives to get things done. Nowadays everything has to be 99.9% safe before they will consider going back.

Give that man a medal! Exactly what I was thinking!

Anyway, they are planning to go to Mars, there is little exploratory benefit in going to the Moon now.

Watch this Horizon episode - Man on Mars: Mission to the Red Planet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03vpc74/Horizon_20132014_Man_on_Mars_Mission_to_the_Red_Planet/