Ward. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ward.

Even though I haven't seen him play I've been following Osborns progress for a few years now and it's been long enough for me to realize that he could do better than our current Forest side. Not that that's saying much.
He appears to have a footballing brain and I'm sure that playing with others who knew how to anticipate a pass he'd shine.

Jamie Ward is just one of those players that as an opponent you look at the team sheet and hope not to se. You know he's gonna be in your face snarling, niggling, kicking you and trying to wind you up every minute that he can.
I think a
It of people on here will never take to him mainly because of his time spent at the sheep dip. As a derby player I detested him but as a red he's that Mr Nasty that can get you off your feet with a bit of skill that you'd never expect, such as the dummy on the wing last Sunday which completely sold the Ipswich fullback down the river.
He'll also never stop running and just wants to be involved . Nigel knew what he was doing when he was out of favour with Montaniere and took him to Burton in a shot..
As for everyone's scapegoat Benny boy I think the detractors will get to see how good he really is next season in a Newcastle team in the premiership as I believe the negativity of our so called fans towards him and his family seem to have been the straw that broke the camels back.
I think the lad has skill, but also has weaknesses to but I remember he's still only 22 and can still develop further but this season he has suffered from trying to do rather too much in a poorly coached team .

I think we need to be brave and look at the performance of players over time, not get teary eyed about odd performances. The following I would keep; smith, Henderson (not going to be able to get rid of at moment), mills, traore, mancienne, worrall, Cohen, Osborn, cash, cough, assombalonga and brereton.
I'd have ward along with carayol, vellios, pinillios and lichaj in the, "would like to improve on, but keep if can't do better" camp.
The rest try and move on. No idea how good erlandson or ariyibi are?
That's 12 definates, 4-5 maybes and hopefully 5-6 new players. Midfield an obvious priority with a quality striker / winger. I really think they could challenge for the play offs with the right additions, and if we had to sell to finance, then it regrettably has to be cash and Osborn for me. They could be more easily replaced than assombalonga and brereton. Shame about Vaughan, always liked him, but time to move on.

When Osborn and Lansbury both look back at their careers and their accomplishments as footballers when they retire, I fully believe (fitness permitting) that Osborn will absolutely piss on Lansbury and everyone else in this current Forest squad (bar Assombalonga) from a great height.

AdebolaCornflakes - 12/5/2017 22:07

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 22:03

AdebolaCornflakes - 12/5/2017 21:46

mao tse tung - 12/5/2017 21:36

the jock - 12/5/2017 16:37

lansburys corners were terrible.

Lansbury was terrible full stop.

A fooking dilletente who soaked the club for all he could get.

There were people on here who claimed we would get relegated when we sold him.

We survived by two clear goals.

To be fair there were people on here who claimed we were definitely relegated after each defeat from February onwards

Salhas changed you

There were people on here last August talking about promotion.

There were people on here two years ago telling us the chinese were coming

There were people on here 5 years ago telling us to look EAST you are right

You should post like this more often

How many trees? - 12/5/2017 23:37

Ward gets nowhere near the credit he deserves.

He was brilliant in the euros.
Then shipped off? Burke gone Ward gone who the f##k is managing this group.

Ward has been amazing for NI and good for NFFC.
Credit were credit is due.

Thank you JW for being 1 of the few professionals in red over the last year.
Shame some can't see beyond past training positions.

I said on here at the time of the Euros he was having a good competition and was annihilated for it

Always rated Jamie Ward when he played for Derby. Always played really well against us. Was madness from Montanier to let him go to a relegation rival.

Never have liked the little shit but he has won me over a bit with his effort and application.
Still hoping for better quality than him though as he is still a bit of a headless chicken at times but remains to be seen if we get it or not.
Decent enough squad player though .