Ward. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ward.

the jock - 12/5/2017 15:09

Calvin Plummer - 12/5/2017 14:50

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 07:27

I agree, his forward passing also went awry many times and he was holding his hand up quite a bit. This was the case across the middle in fairness

89% pass success rate...

do you have stats on how many of these were 3 yards in length and backwards?

Do you not think retaining possession is important?

There is also another important aspect you have to take into account with passing; you need someone to pass the ball to.

mao tse tung - 12/5/2017 15:26

Apollyon - 11/5/2017 16:52

When on attack and the shape changes in the final third with a one on one, you dont expect the wing back to take him on? If Vaughan was the wingback maybe not but with Mancienne also dropping left and 66% of the pitch between our goal line and the ball, Ive got to question your reasoning FC. Wing back do take on players. Carayol was on the pitch 3 seconds and Jamies best work still came from wide right, particularly (as I have already pointed out) in the second half

Its only my opinion of course

There is just one problem with that theory; we didnt play with wing backs on Sunday.

We adopted a 3 4 3 formation for pretty much all of the game.

I'd describe it as 352, as I think Clough was playing more of a midfield role behind a front two of Ward and Britt but that's opinion.

But it's clear that Lichaj and Osborn were intended to cover the whole of their side of the pitch, attacking and defending, what's that if it's not a wing back?

Will say it again: Osborn created more chances this season than nearly every other player in the league. Not his fault that his teammates couldn't stick them away.

AdebolaCornflakes - 12/5/2017 15:50

Will say it again: Osborn created more chances this season than nearly every other player in the league. Not his fault that his teammates couldn't stick them away.

Correct.

None are blinder than those who will not see!

When on attack and the shape changes in the final third with a one on one, you dont expect the wing back to take him on? If Vaughan was the wingback maybe not but with Mancienne also dropping left and 66% of the pitch between our goal line and the ball, Ive got to question your reasoning FC. Wing back do take on players. Carayol was on the pitch 3 seconds and Jamies best work still came from wide right, particularly (as I have already pointed out) in the second half

There is just one problem with that theory; we didnt play with wing backs on Sunday.

My response is to Factchecker suggesting he was playing a wingback role Mao if you check back.

Maybe your eagerness to have a dig at me got the better of you there

If people care to read back over what FC and I are discussing, you will see its an appraisal of a player from Sundays game, not over a season

Also in respect of creativity, Benny is hardly going to be rivalled when you play 2 DCM

His only midfield competition for creativity would have been Lansbury who actually also played DCm and went on strike since before Christmas

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 16:20

If people care to read back over what FC and I are discussing, you will see its an appraisal of a player from Sundays game, not over a season

Also in respect of creativity, Benny is hardly going to be rivalled when you play 2 DCM

His only midfield competition for creativity would have been Lansbury who actually also played DCm and went on strike since before Christmas

For Forest this season, Lansbury averaged 1.7 key passes per game; Osborn averaged 2.3.

I'd suggest that, when they both played, Lansbury took more set pieces.

He certainly did FC. I think most agree that a huge problem this season was the lack of creativity and goals from midfield

Calvin Plummer - 12/5/2017 14:50

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 07:27

I agree, his forward passing also went awry many times and he was holding his hand up quite a bit. This was the case across the middle in fairness

89% pass success rate...

And this is how it stacked up which is what I have been saying

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 16:16

My response is to Factchecker suggesting he was playing a wingback role Mao if you check back.

Maybe your eagerness to have a dig at me got the better of you there

I wasnt having a dig.

Its not all about you, you know.

I quite like reading your posts on the games; you make some interesting points

the jock - 12/5/2017 16:37

lansburys corners were terrible.

Lansbury was terrible full stop.

A fooking dilletente who soaked the club for all he could get.

There were people on here who claimed we would get relegated when we sold him.

We survived by two clear goals.

mao tse tung - 12/5/2017 21:36

To be fair there were people on here who claimed we were definitely relegated after each defeat from February onwards

AdebolaCornflakes - 12/5/2017 21:46

To be fair there were people on here who claimed we were definitely relegated after each defeat from February onwards

Salhas changed you

There were people on here last August talking about promotion.

Apollyon - 12/5/2017 22:03

AdebolaCornflakes - 12/5/2017 21:46

Salhas changed you

There were people on here last August talking about promotion.

There were people on here two years ago telling us the chinese were coming

Nanpantan red - 11/5/2017 09:25

One incident on Sunday showed just what Jamie Ward is about. It was in front of The Main Stand about on the half-way line in the first half. A ball was knocked to him very tight down the touchline with Jamie facing the passer and with a defender tight behind him. Jamie shimmied to trap the ball with his left foot and go to inside to his right. The defender bought the dummy but Jamie swivelled to his left, never even touching the ball, just allowing it to run down the line and he was off and away from his marker. Pure class.

Sounds like what I saw in the first minute. Criminally not shown on the Player highlights.

Followed by tearing down the wing and curling a superb pass in behind the defence with Britt steaming in at the far post.

Defender got a touch and it looked like he'd deflected it right into Britt's path. As it was he was forced wide, but it led to a corner and three shots blocked in half a minute before Ward curled an effort past the far post. (That bit is on the highlights).

At that point it looked like we'd murder them. Instead it was half an hour before we threatened again, but Ward went on to win two penalties and collect Britt's overhit cross, look up and deliver it back to him for a half volley that was saved on the line.

He played a major part in keeping us up. Assombalonga and Cohen scored the goals, Smith made two great saves, but Ward provided the spark.

Ward gets nowhere near the credit he deserves.

He was brilliant in the euros.
Then shipped off? Burke gone Ward gone who the f##k is managing this group.

Ward has been amazing for NI and good for NFFC.
Credit were credit is due.

Thank you JW for being 1 of the few professionals in red over the last year.
Shame some can't see beyond past training positions.

Strawberry Avenger - 12/5/2017 13:30

Forest have a low Psycho count. (Something a Man Utd once said to me...) We could do with a few more of Ward's type in the team. Steel. At CH, DCM and up front. One of each along the spine of the team. With any luck they'll be able to play football as well. Add that to the possession and 'attack, attack, attack' footballing ethos of the manager and Forest will finish at least mid-table next season.

I'll be interested to see what type of 4-5 players Warburton brings in.

SA. :14:

Totally agree. Just hope that MW gets the chance to bring in a few players of his own choice.