vs Dundee | Page 3 | Vital Football

vs Dundee

Great news! Scott Brown has signed a new contract to keep him at Celtic until 2018! He has also revealed to The Celtic View magazine that he has taken his first steps in coaching. He's already decided that's what he wants to do at the end of his career and has started helping Stevie Frail with coaching the youth team. Frankly, our youngsters would struggle to find a better role model than Scott Brown! He is aiming to obtain his UEFA B licence soon.

It is great news. I wonder if he will stay until the end of his career here. He's already 29, which means he'd have to make his jump to England in the next year or two, which I doubt he would. I think he lives out the deal and goes into coaching for Celtic.

I forgot Brown is suspended for the Dundee match this weekend.
Lustig is out with his new injury.
Commons is back and available.

The big question is over who plays in CM.

I'm not going to guess what Deila will do, but here's what my team would be if we stick to the sort of formation that we've seen from Deila so far this season.

Gordon
Matthews - Denayer - VVD - Izzy
Johansen - Mulgrew
Forrest - Commons - Stokes
Guidetti

Subs: Zaluska, Ambrose, Bitton, Kayal, Wakaso, Scepovic, Griffiths

I think that is what he will do. I'd go with:

Matthews----Denayer----VvD------Izzy
Forrest-----Johansen----Mulgrew-----Stokes
--Commons------Guidetti-----------------------

So same players just slightly different system....why not play Stokes up front though? That's the problem with putting Commons in the team, you play him as a striker, behind the striker or that's it....you can't play him out wide!

I just hate the 4-2-3-1. It's not a great attacking formation and it doesn't control midfield. You could go with a 4-3-3but Stokes always ends up coming in off the flank anyway. He is pretty good running to the box and a decent threat from long range so why not play him a little further out? Lennon did that with Sammy to great effect.

But of a rewind to Celtic of a month ago. Decent possession but not enough chances. Missing Brown.

Latest Celtic News