vs Dundee | Page 5 | Vital Football

vs Dundee

Not playing particularly well but good to get the goal and hopefully we keep pushing on now. It's a different team without Johansen in there. Some of the players may still be feeling a bit more tired than usual after the weekend game as well which could have an impact. Some slack passing but that happens on a smaller pitch.

Forrest started the game well and seemed to be involved a lot bit then he's gone a bit quiet. He should have just scored there though! Ball falls to him in the box and he sidefoots it straight to the keeper, either side of him and he probably scores!

Yeah, the team looks sluggish. The passes are too fast for the feet. We need a little pep talk at the half.

Tierney coming on to replace Izzy! Great to see the young lad getting a chance. We're in control of the game so good to give Izzy a rest and see what the young lad is made of for the last part of the game! Only 17 but if he proves himself, maybe we don't need a new LB in the summer.....

Bitton caught out playing in the LB position after a bad free-kick is easily intercepted and Dundee break up the pitch! Bitton left 2 on 1 on the left and the ball is played far too easily inside him, crossed into the box and a lucky strike finds the back of the net!

Well, a little too scrappy in the end but i'll take the three points. GMS was Man of the Match. Great goal and generally hustled and played very well. Sloppy play, though. We need to wake up. The team looks tired.

I think our lack of using the team is starting to bite us in the ass! While we have some players that we can rotate, we don't have the quality in depth to rotate everywhere we need to.

This must be one of the busiest schedules we've had in some years and with the new Ronny system and the pressing high up the pitch style of play, I think it's really starting to take it's toll on the players.

Yes, that's true. Ronny has been able to use Armstong and GMS in league games and others in the Cups. But we really don't have anyone to replace Brown or Johanson is they are injured or tired.

McGregor went off the boil but when was the last time he even got off the bench? I can only assume he's been struggling with niggly injuries recently as he hasn't even always been in the team.
Henderson is now out on loan but he could have been useful in this run in. He has the ability play out wide, behind the striker or in CM. I've seen reports that some fans are questioning allowing him to leave at all and while I understand their frustrations, I think it's a little narrow minded. Long term this loan will do him good.
Why have we not seen more of Wakaso (can play LW, RW, CM or even LB) or Tonev?
Where's O'Connell been?
Why's Fisher not had more game time?
Callum Waters looked to be a talented LB we would be bringing through yet he hasn't been around either.

Not all of these guys are quite ready to play a lot in the first team but surely in order to give our others a rest they could or should be used in the odd game here and there?

YASSSS! Corner, VvD of the post with a header and Griffiths chips it in from close range. 2-0! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:14

welch47 - 26/4/2015 13:51

YASSSS! Corner, VvD of the post with a header and Griffiths chips it in from close range. 2-0! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:14

I've been commenting in the Dundee United thread....."V. the Tange" rather than the Dundee one.

:emoticon:18 :emoticon:19

Congratulations to the young Bhoys! Celtic's U17s beat their Rangers counterparts in the final of the Glasgow Cup at Hampden! 2-0 was the final score! It was 0-0 at HT and the Celtic keeper made a few VERY good saves!

Rangers pressed harder in the 2nd half but the 1st half had been ALL Celtic! Eventually Rangers were undone by 2 set pieces and what appeared to be a far fitter Celtic team. Rangers have some technically gifted players, but Celtic have a good mix of technical ability, fitness and intelligence on the pitch. The players seemed to know when to push and press and when to try and take it easy and reserve some energy.

A couple of stand-out players in the Celtic team were definitely Mark Hill in CM and Calvin Miller who plays pretty much anywhere he wants!
Hill was a rock in midfield, he's a big lad given his age and is quick as well as strong but also has good technical ability!
Miller is a gifted player who only a year or two ago was named the most promising young player in the UK! He can play on the wing as he's skillful and very quick. He can play as a striker as he has a good eye for goal or he can play in that area behind the striker as he has the skill, speed, intelligence and movement to do it!

Latest Celtic News