Vital List - The Pompey Hall of Shame | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vital List - The Pompey Hall of Shame

Trevor Ross

wanna know why read Toast two weeks ago

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=536995

I have to second Peter Storrie. He presided over much of our downfall especially at the beginning with all the stupid contracts. Add to that his story telling as we sank lower and lower - he must be covered in shame.

Do you know Blue? storyteller was my first thought when I originally read the thread, disgusting character! So guilty for so much of our predicament, Silicone Storrie, F all sticks in his mind!! He's blameless....

Seems like its easier to get a delivery of pork chops in a hotel in Jerusalem than it is to get anyone in this hall of shame.

Spooky that Tim I was thinking the same! Jack The Ripper was a saint in comparison to some of these mentioned!
Bet if I mentioned John Westwood he'd go straight in! (Don't get the issue with him myself, any publicity is good publicity)

storyteller definitely goes in doesnt he...

he probably wasnt quite (just about) as much to blame for our demise as we thought - but for him to come out with all the 'it wasnt my fault' bollocks, is just that.

granted the man with the money calls the shots, but if you werent happy with the amount of money being dished out to people then why sign these deals off?

principles prevent you from doing this, you know what is right and wrong so if you are so against it refuse to do so giving the reasoning why, if you then still think its so wrong then pack the job in.

putting those issues aside the fact that he went for short-term fixes by mortgaging our future by playing parts in deals that included the likes of merchandising rights being given away, food and drink deals bringing us in nothing and money up front being a way of generating immediate funds wasnt being done with long-term views in mind was it.

given the squad that we assembled was it so unrealistic to think that we would win a cup?

with that in mind WHY put in such lidicrous bonuses, arguably the most stupid one was his 'relegation release clause' in the contract of TBH, what a great idea... sadly this was a release clause that only HE could activiate and if TBH didnt want to release himself from his contract we wouldnt.

oh, and agreeing sell on fees with so many clubs when we brought them in but NOT putting sell on clauses to benefit us after, why?

finally, if you are able to brush aside any of this think of all the expenses that he used to lobby against the club - he used to get a private plane to take his wife shopping, this was an expense put against the club!

Pompeytim - 14/9/2013 06:57

Seems like its easier to get a delivery of pork chops in a hotel in Jerusalem than it is to get anyone in this hall of shame.

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

Best I've heard this week ... and yes it is hard otherwise we'd have people in there that shouldn't be ...

I'll consider Ross and Storrie this afternoon ..

penton - 14/9/2013 08:21

Spooky that Tim I was thinking the same! Jack The Ripper was a saint in comparison to some of these mentioned!
Bet if I mentioned John Westwood he'd go straight in! (Don't get the issue with him myself, any publicity is good publicity)

OK Westwood goes ... only joking of course ... but could he be a consideration /??

For some certainly he would be Chix, as I say I don't get it myself, others have a real issue with him. Him and his mostly crew certainly add atmosphere, take them out of it and its dead, they keep the noise humming along, bell and all...

Westwood - now I agree with that tool going in. Not sure all publicity is good - weeing on his seat whilst bladdered didn't get used by the club in PR material.

Ok so let's see where we are now...

In go <b>Jermain Defoe</b> and <b>Peter Storrie</b> to join
<b>Balram Chanrai </b> & <b>David Lampitt</b>

The order of shame is
<b>Lampitt, Storrie, Chanrai, Defoe</b>

As for others on the list that need either seconding or further info there is

<b>Tal Ben Haim</b> .. has been mentioned but yet to be nominated.. surely somebody can put over a good case for him

<b>Carl Dickinson</b> - Bit harsh I feel and gonna need a lot of convincing on that one .. he might have been crap but he tried hard and gave his all and even clapped the Fratton End and Away support every time he played

<b>Carl Tiler </b>- I'm gonna need a little bit more before inducting him although I must admit he is in front of Dickinson in the queue - I'm teetering on the brink

<B>Lee Mills</b> - A very good shout .. does anybody want to add anything to Farnhams submission before I make a decision

<b>Yoshi Kawaguchi</b> - Another good shout but evidence please as I'm not convinced he wasn't more a victim of circumstance -

<b>Collins Mbsumba</b> - Likewise as above..and remember some of our younger readers are gonna want to know why we are wanting to induct these guys so don't hold back on your detail

<b>Milan Mandaric</b> - Dedmans suggested Milan for taking that picture of HMS Victory .. but surely Milan did more good than bad

<b>John Westwood</b> - Said as a joke but I'm gonna needing convincing as whether you love or loathe him he is a big fan and the fact that he looks like a clown an pisses on his seat should not detract from his passion and commitment

<b> Trevor Ross </b> Click here to read Eastney dave reasoning
http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=536995

<b>Scott McGarvey</b> Click here to read my article
http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=121766

So there we are four definitely in two almost in .. four or five need a case making and about four or five under consideration

So thinking caps back on or validate those already mentioned.. either way continue making those contributions

Agreed Chix re Westwood. A huge fan and good (in general) for the atmosphere in the ground and away. I too am not keen on the guy but cannot see any reason to put him in the hall of shame!

Committed fan? Hmmm. Well he does go to more games than me, but he arrives well into most games & then disappears for ages at half time. Committed to the beer perhaps more than the footer?! Don't think he should go in, but he isn't our "super fan", in fact he isn't in the top 250 I expect.

I dont think Carl Dickinson should go in, he wasnt a very good player, but he tried his best, & surely a poor player who tries his best is much better that a good player who only tries when he feels like it. NO to Carl.

i will second that lorna...

dicko was shocking, truely shocking but i couldnt ever fault his effort and commitment and whilst he is paid to be a footballer those qualities are something i like and admire.

like his appreciation of the games but didnt like it when he showed some distain towards the fratton end as a visiting player when he got some friendly (??) banter abuse, that being said if its dished out he has a right to give it back, right?

not shall being a crap footballer is grounds for dicko being shamed tbh...

Ok thanks for the comments people - The case for <b>Westwood will be consigned to the bin</b> as will the shout for <b>Carl Dickinson</b> ... I think Lorna got it spot on <b> a poor player who tried his best</B> and in fairness reflected a number of your views..

So what about the others on the 'pending list'

<b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Tal Ben Haim
Carl Tiler
Lee Mills
Yoshi Kawaguchi
Collins Mbsumba
Milan Mandaric
Trevor Ross
Scott McGarvey</font></b>

Or perhaps you want to nominate somebody new ....

Re the list

Tal Ben Haim, as with all contracts can't blame him for signing it,fault lies with those who offer, amazes me that he has done it at numerous clubs, will retire a wealthy man. His attitude stank though.

Carl Tiler, should have stuck to the weather

Lee Mills, now he did annoy me, as lazy as The Yak without the goals, he once drove me to bellow at him if he wouldn't mind trying to break into a walk.

Yoshi, not his fault, always tried, just out of his depth

Collins Mbsumba should be off the least as its a great surname

Milan no way, did a lot of positives

Trevor Ross- too short a career, on loan doesn't count in my eyes

Scott McGarbage, should be shamed for the hair and the tightness of his shorts.

Milan shouldnt be on the list I.M.H.O. He got the momentum going for promotion & actually got us to the Premier League. He loved the attention and was always ready to speak to and encourage fans. When he sold he said openly that he didnt have the cash to take Pompey any further & sold to a bloke who at the time had loads of money. Some fans have complained that MM should have checked better on where the Russians money came from, but it wasnt up to MM to do that. I think he was good for the club, brought the best times for many many years, so no way should he qualify for the Hall of Shame. :22: