Vital List - The Pompey Hall of Shame | Page 8 | Vital Football

Vital List - The Pompey Hall of Shame

Umm Andy Admin is a good shout Rug ... more than Birch who held out and held out for BC and didn't believe the Trust could be taken seriously ...

As I say a Chainrai lapdog, if Chainrai is in (and he should without a doubt) wouldnt Admin Andy be more than worthy of a place too...

I'll try and pull this together for a front page over the week end .. we can then start the 'on-field' list

Terry Venables, Terry Fenwick, Tony Pulis probably deserve to be in a 'bad managers' list but their 'crimes' were the result of bad judgments in appointing them.

The likes of SAF, Ali Al Faraj, and Vladimir Antonov really are scum who took over Pompey with an agenda contrary to the best interests of the club, and deserve to be shamed.

AA deserves to be with them as it was his incompetency that lead to our 2nd admin.

Where do you draw a line tho?

Surely we have to leave it at on the field and off the field shame - or can we have various sub categories...

We can do what we want Ruggers :2: ... And I think .. with the exception of Venebles in his owner capacity that I'm with Blue re the managers ... I think they can be bad managers but can not really impact the club in the way that some of our owners have .. so I say exclude managers and after the on-field list we can look at doing a 'bad managers list' or something along those lines ..

<font face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#0E4FB0" style="">
In the first instance we set the cat amongst the pigeons with a ‘cluttered approach’ of trying to compile <b><font color='#9400D3 '>Pompey’s first ever ‘Hall of Shame’. </font></b>

Following your feedback we split our initial list in two and re-set our aim at compiling an ‘Off-field XI’ and an ‘On-field XI’.

This was working well until the final reckoning for the ‘Off-field’ XI’ None of the managers that had been suggested could really stack up to some of the rogues and rascals that had been involved with the ownership of our club over the years. So we had another re-think !

Our third attempt builds on all your suggestions and submissions and breaks the original list into three; <b><font color='#9400D3 '>
A) The Pompey Boardroom Hall of Shame
B) The Pompey Dugout Hall of Shame
C) The Pompey Changing Room of Shame</font></b>

None of lists are finite in numbers or closed to future submission .. although one would hope the ‘Boardroom’ section never gets added to !

So where are we now

The ‘Pompey Boardroom Hall of Shame’ is ready <b><font color='#9400D3 '>
1. Balram Chanrai
2. Daniel Agouzy,
3. Ali al-Faraj
4. David Lampitt
5. Peter Storrie,
6. andrew Andronikou
7. Vladimir Antonov
8. Sulaiman Al-Fahim
9. Martin Gregory
10. Terry Venables,
11. Trevor Birch
12. Sasha Gaydamak,
13. John Deacon</font></b>

As a final acid-test we’d like comments not only on the fact that we have included everybody that should be but also the order in which they appear. Should Chanrai be No.1 ? .. Should Gregory be above Venables and Birch ?

<b><font color='#9400D3 '>This is your list .. Have your say .. </font></B></font>

All read for the front page Rug ... I'll start the next one based on feedback from this

I am on top of it Chixy, this and several other threads are just about ready to go front page but like to space them out over the day/days.

Its all under control :14:

Cheers Rug .. I'm sure it is and never doubted ya .. I just don't like them falling off the 24 cycle ... as I forget them lol

Cheers Bud .. I'll keep knocking them out :)

Wot a horrible list. It feels just like a nightmare revisited. I know Defoe is already on the list, but does anyone remember him refusing to play for us in a Cup Game cos he would be cup tied if he did and he was just going back to Spurs (unbeknown to us at the time). Then when he got to Spurs he broke his ankle or something and couldn't play for them anyway!

PS: Even if I imagined it, could you please not put me right. It balances my world, if you know what I mean.

P

Gandor1 - 21/11/2013 22:13

Wot a horrible list. It feels just like a nightmare revisited. I know Defoe is already on the list, but does anyone remember him refusing to play for us in a Cup Game cos he would be cup tied if he did and he was just going back to Spurs (unbeknown to us at the time). Then when he got to Spurs he broke his ankle or something and couldn't play for them anyway!

PS: Even if I imagined it, could you please not put me right. It balances my world, if you know what I mean.

P

That's brilliant Gandor .. my chips are peeled .. Hope you are well :14: