Village Green Rovers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Village Green Rovers

He is turning into a Donald Trump....:stupid:

You are not wrong, I was just thinking exactly that at the very moment you posted. Should I be worried?

Back on topic, I think we should give some credit where it is due:

1) He stuck with Cooper when others would have fired him at Christmas. 2) He has a single minded determination to get where he wants. 3) He is very clever at marketing the club and his eco stuff. Look at all the attention he has received, and continues to receive with his tattoo.

I much prefer where Lincoln City is, but there are many clubs who would love to have the above. Put another way: 1) Loyalty, 2) direction, and 3) outstanding marketing.

Let me be clear, I do not like his attitude, nor that of his manager, and certainly do not agree with his politics. Please let's not get emotion and demonization in the way of smart analysis of the FGR project. I would not bet against them reaching the Championship.

You are not wrong, I was just thinking exactly that at the very moment you posted. Should I be worried?

Back on topic, I think we should give some credit where it is due:

1) He stuck with Cooper when others would have fired him at Christmas. 2) He has a single minded determination to get where he wants. 3) He is very clever at marketing the club and his eco stuff. Look at all the attention he has received, and continues to receive with his tattoo.

I much prefer where Lincoln City is, but there are many clubs who would love to have the above. Put another way: 1) Loyalty, 2) direction, and 3) outstanding marketing.

Let me be clear, I do not like his attitude, nor that of his manager, and certainly do not agree with his politics. Please let's not get emotion and demonization in the way of smart analysis of the FGR project. I would not bet against them reaching the Championship.

Quite amazed Doidge has stayed as he was rumoured to be away for big money. Fair play to them for holding on to him. Maybe they will bring 200 this season to SB? ?

Quite amazed Doidge has stayed as he was rumoured to be away for big money. Fair play to them for holding on to him. Maybe they will bring 200 this season to SB? ?
If they did, would their more established fans turn on the newer ones and label them as plastic?

Carbon neutral doesn't mean much at all when power stations (is it Drax?) can claim to be within the limits as they don't have to count the emissions from burning wood pellets...........nor be concerned about whether cutting down North American woodlands, that claim to replant but don't, helps the situation at all.

Never let myth get in the way of the truth.

Drax is a co-firing station which varies it proportion of coal to biomass according the availability of either, the coal is also imported too, making it even more dirty. Drax like any other power station is indeed required to record it's emissions and the imported biomass is carbon factored and scope 3 emissions are added to the biomass it fires.

For biomass to have a lower carbon factor it has to come from a renewable source [Replinished: Willow is the predominate biomass due to its fast growing characteristics] otherwise it's carbon factor is similar to that of coal and recorded as such.

Last edited:

Drax is a co-firing station which varies it proportion of coal to biomass according the availability of either, the coal is also imported too, making it even more dirty. Drax like any other power station is indeed required to record it's emissions and the imported biomass is carbon factored and scope 3 emissions are added to the biomass it fires.

For biomass to have a lower carbon factor it has to come from a renewable source [Replinished: Willow is the predominate biomass due to its fast growing characteristics] otherwise it's carbon factor is similar to that of coal and recorded as such.

No matter what you say, and I can respect the normal FGR fan. VD is a knob head.

Whatever most think of Dale anf Fgr you cant knock what they have achieved yes its through his finances but like it or not every club now relies on bigger investment each year .

Most deride Dale on here, but he got on his bike an earned his millions. Isn't that what that right wing tool Norman Tebbit espoused.

No. Right Wing Tool Norman Tebbit was actually talking about rioters when he made that particular comment, so it really doesn't have anything much to do with the matter in hand.

I mean, Vince has said he benefited from privatisation of the energy industry, which was a Thatcher government policy, but I'm pretty sure Tebbitt didn't have anything to do with that, as he'd left the government by then in the aftermath of the Brighton bombing.

Maybe that's what you thinking about with that apparently strange non sequitur?

Myth? So you didn't see the BBC or CH4 documentary thing on it then?

No. Right Wing Tool Norman Tebbit ...

Why do you have to label and belittle someone? Such tactics have no place in a rational discussion.

...privatisation of the energy industry, which was a Thatcher government policy, but I'm pretty sure Tebbitt didn't have anything to do with that, as he'd left the government by then in the aftermath of the Brighton bombing.

"Tell Sid" was 1986, Norman Tebbit left the Cabinet in 1987.

:off: - sorry, but you did push one of my buttons.

Why do you have to label and belittle someone? Such tactics have no place in a rational discussion.

I didn't belittle anyone, least of all Norman Tebbit. I was quoting The Electric Banana, who did.

But then again, some people allow their prejudices or thoughts to seep into very strange areas, which is what I think happened with TEB there.

His post looked to be the very definition of a non sequitur but, bizarrely, there was actually kind of a link there - which you have confirmed and I'm grateful for it. Norman Tebbit playing a (small) part in facilitating Dale Vince's eco empire.