Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17

Basically, if Norwich score first, we've had it.

If we can stop them scoring, we might nick something.

My money is on 0-0 though :20:

I'm going to get it the full bollox today and if the Lads don't respond , Bruce will be gone by Sunday lunch time .

Over to you Stevie boy, play Gabby at your peril , Give Davis and O'hare ago and you just might win me back as I'll make allowances for that

Silhillvilla - 19/8/2017 08:45

Today is the day when it all clicks into place

We lose and he gets sacked :17:

Or when he realises gabby is past it, Barney is a headless chicken, we only have one player capable of scoring, terry signing has upset the squad and our midfield is slower than a 5 day test in Bangladesh?

Three Points for Villa is the most important thing but the ideal scenario for me is it's yet another typical Bruce game full of baffling decisions, no cohesion throughout the team and negative football that won't save his job.

But again I emphasise a win for the Villa is far more important than anything else at the moment.

Johnstone

Bree/de laet Terry Chester Taylor

Adomah Onomha Jedinak(if fit) green

O'Hare

Hogan(if fit)

If Jedinak isn't ready then he may as well pick a name at random as the rest of our midfield is pretty much equally useless. If Hogan isn't fit then Davies or RHM deserve a chance. Of course it won't matter who we play as we'll most likely have a decent 20 minutes then fade away. Can't see anything better than a draw unfortunately.

I just don't see how we can score except from set pieces. To win those you have to attack win corners and free kicks etc.
Against reading we only had a bit of a go for the last 10 mins and score why oh why didn't we go at them from the off !!!

Fail to win and Bruce must go surely?

I'd twist regardless. Without a good performance, even an unlikely win won't placate the supporters.

Back off holiday - my season starts today. Here's to a positive performance and win!!!

Pre-season optimism not been drained from me yet!

Ah, that familiar feeling of disappointment, as if the girl you're seeing definitely won't turn up, even though she might.

I couldn't help but feel flat as I trudged to the station, me and the old battered shirt. (Sip of beer).

I say to myself, as I have done for the last seven seasons, that this is the day when it turns around; that I will look back and say, I was there. (Sip of beer) Nothing more than the ravings of a mad man, you say. Poor Grizzly, he's finally gone and lost it.

Button, who is looking after Grizzly Junior, wants to get back to match days. We're shit I say. No rush. (Sip of beer).

There are people battling incurable diseases but an overpaid tattooed hack dining out on his own ego, wilts in front of the mighty Holte. I don't understand it. (Bigger sip)

Money chairman, managers, owners - they've come and gone and yet we're still sliding. Not a decent pass between any of the players with £45m on strikers leaving us short.

So to Norwich. (Big big sip)

We are every teams favourite day out. Big club, big stadium and a good chance of a home side capitulation with the manager rueing missed chances as if it were so easily solved.

Can I see Monsigneur Agbonlhaor scoring or Scott Hogwash, injections aside, turning something other than his ankle? No my fellow Villas, I cannot.

1-3 to Norwich with a heavy heart.

Well Bruce has a big chance to ram it down everyones throat today.

Although he did have a chance to do that Tuesday at Reading but failed miserably. It's simple really, it's up to him to save his job, how many chances does he need?

Change tactics, system, players, whatever. Do something.

Managers dig their own graves.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 19/8/2017 13:21

Although he did have a chance to do that Tuesday at Reading but failed miserably. It's simple really, it's up to him to save his job, how many chances does he need?

Is there a way back for him? Not convinced, I've given up on him, just want him gone now!

NI Villan - 19/8/2017 13:31

Is there a way back for him? Not convinced, I've given up on him, just want him gone now!

Of course there's a way back. Set the team up to attack, pick the proper players, make the right substitutions, and do it every week.

Will he do that? Of course he won't.

I suppose my point is that when he's sacked it will be completely justified.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 19/8/2017 13:21

Stephen Jay my friend, I feel I have to point out an error in something you wrote.
You wrote.
For Mr. Bruce to do as you quite reasonably suggest, we would have to have tactics and a system to change. Now with regards to the players, I would quite happily see those not producing, replaced, even if it had to be by members of the under 11 side.
The problem is, Mr. Bruce bought these underperforming players, so he obviously has faith in them, faith that will lose him his job and us, our place in the championship.(and I don't mean because we will get promoted).

no gabby at all
davis upfront

hutton back though

remember to keep it quiet today so as not to upset the poor lambs