Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17

Manager Steve Bruce has covered a number of different topics in his pre Norwich City press conference earlier today.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523397">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

My prediction.
Villa to start fast and strong... maybe even have a shot on goal. Then a few passes go awry. Coincidence dips. Norwich get back into the game. Keeper makes a decent save. Villa are rattled. Scramble in the box when 5 villa players should clear but don't and Norwich score. Confidence is shot. The inability to pass to someone wearing the same Jersey washes over the team. When team in claret and blue have the ball they only pass sideways and backwards but are closed down quickly. Half time. Instructions from Bruce "keep it tight and go out and enjoy yourselves" 2nd half starts, villa 2-0 down nearly instantly after ignoring tactics. Bruce subs off o'hare even though he's the only bright spark and puts on samba with the hope of getting something from free kicks or corners. Villa get a free kick about 25 yards out. Thor and Henri debate who should take it and which shampoo works better. Free kick comes to nothing. Norwich toying with the home team. Late flurry but gabby unable to hit a cow's backside with a banjo. Referee blows the whistle, boos ring out around the ground. Bruce in his post match interview gets asked "Steve how do you feel after anther loss? " (stupid question) says he's disappointed but we'll dust ourselves down and go again. And then i sit in a sulk for the weekend.

Bruce will get a result against Norwich and we'll do okay for a couple of weeks. Then we'll be back to square one again. This pattern is going to leave us stuck in the championship long term.

2-0 Villa on the day.

Good vibes for tomorrow, maybe due to 3 pints of Warsteiner (5.2% abv)

Jedi back = villa win

2-1 green to pop his cherry

We don't look like scoring at all.

So 0-0.

I have come to the conclusion rightly or wrongly Bruce isn't going anywhere quickly even if we lose this weekend. Him talking about strikers being signed isn't exactly a sign that the board are looking at quick decisions on this.

Reading on Twitter that jedi is back in contention and Bruce is considering putting him in the team along with Whelan. Next article, Bruce bemoans lack of cutting edge. ...... um..... and you'll change that by playing 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? Might as well put samba up front from the start!

Will be missing this one tomorrow as there's a family do to celebrate my mum's 50th - which means we'll probably get the 3 points!

Chieftoast - 18/8/2017 20:34

Reading on Twitter that jedi is back in contention and Bruce is considering putting him in the team along with Whelan. Next article, Bruce bemoans lack of cutting edge. ...... um..... and you'll change that by playing 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? Might as well put samba up front from the start!

Don't give him any ideas chief !!!!!!!! :39:

The Fear - 18/8/2017 05:21

Chieftoast - 18/8/2017 20:34

Don't give him any ideas chief !!!!!!!! :39:

And Steer at RB.....

:54:

Yeah 1 out of 9, nice start, equals the shit starts by Brentford & Millwall but both have actually already scored 3 goals in one game and we find ourselves ROCK bottom with the unpredictable Norwich next. We only scored 3 in a game once last season - November v Cardiff.

Play RHM, Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare - they are better than the same old same old.

Have a go FFS.

If we lose today he has to go full stop. I can't want my team to lose, if we do though and he gets sacked it'll be for the better of the remainder of the season.

Again I don't see where mass goals come from, especially if hogan isn't playing (not read any updates about his injury Tuesday).

I'll go for a 1-1, worst of all results for me because it means Bruce hangs on and we delay the inevitable for a bit longer.

If he goes sooner rather than later, we have a quiet few weeks in the league coming up with only bristol city away then two weeks off - perfect time to find a replacement.