Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17 | Vital Football

Villa v Norwich- 3pm - 19/8/17

VillaTomB38

Vital Football Hero
Just over 24 hours to go and no match thread... lose this and I dread to see the reaction, a win will be great but a lot people still won't be very happy.

The date tomorrow marks 22 years to the day since we last beat Man U at home in the league (19/8/95), 3-1. Was also my first ever match at Villa Park so happy anniversary to me! We'd better win.

Happy Anniversary mate!! :4:

Nothing other than a win AND a coherent and intelligent performance is acceptable. A lucky scrappy win is not enough, we need to see signs that Bruce has at least a little bit of tactical nous.

I think we'll lose though, I've seen nothing since the first 45 minutes of the season that we have a fucking clue what we're doing.

romanianvillan - 18/8/2017 13:01

Happy Anniversary mate!! :4:

Nothing other than a win AND a coherent and intelligent performance is acceptable. A lucky scrappy win is not enough, we need to see signs that Bruce has at least a little bit of tactical nous.

I think we'll lose though, I've seen nothing since the first 45 minutes of the season that we have a fucking clue what we're doing.

I will take a lucky scrappy win because I cant see any other way we will get a win.
1-0

I'd take a scrappy lucky win as well.... but I guess my point is that we need to see that Bruce knows what he's doing, at least a little bit.

A scrappy win is all I can see myself at most but realistically after the last few games I think it'll be a draw. It'll be a funny atmosphere after the start we've had and there'll be lots of moans and groans with every misplaced pass, shot etc. A win will just appease the expectance we all have and a defeat will get the inevitable boos and 'Brucey give us a wave' will soon turn to 'sit down potato head'. Would like to see one or two youth players given a go from the start, get some hunger and energy in there.

I think Bruce will go back to basics (= park the bus). I never want our team to lose, but if it means that by Sunday he'll be gone I think I'll be able to bear it.

A bad case of Dingle fever in Worcester. All their old tops are out from the charity bag.

I've been wearing my old villa top for quite some years now. We've been everywhere together. Southampton on a cold wednesday night, Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea, Norwich - and although it's peeling and some of the stitches have gone, it's something of a badge of honour.

These bandwagon Dingles are as bad as the Blues clowns. How fast did those tops get put away? Fast as **** as we like to say.

This is kind of related to the Norwich game. I have just had a look over on the Vital Norwich site and it seems a new fitness regime is underway over there, being discussed under the heading"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES". I seems pies have been banned over there, maybe we could introduce a similar ban and it just might work where every thing else has failed to get rid of Gabby.

I'd happily take a 1-0 win against Norwich whatever the circumstance. In a perfect world I'd also see at the very least a committed performance from the boys. I also think Jedinak, if he does come back in, will be a massive boost.

Hogan hasn't been totally ruled out and I'd probably prefer a half fit Hogan to a fully fit Gabby.

Also, Elmo may play on the right despite the three hundred thousand stitches he's had in his mouth, or however many the potato said.

--------------------Johnstone-----------------
----------------------------------------------------
De Laet --- Chester --- Terry --- Taylor
------------- Whelan --- Jedinak ------------
Adomah ------ Hourihane ------- Green
-----------------Gabby/Hogan---------------

We may need Gabby the way it's going. Scott Hogwash needs injections, Jimmy Danger still not match ready and McCormack not good enough apparently and still skulking at training - and we've got no money to buy anyone else because of FFP.

There should be money Grizzly, we are about £14m up in this transfer window. It's whether they trust Bruce with the kitty or whether they are holding it in reserve. We also have £9m coming in for Amavi next year. Hope Gabby never plays again personally, saw that Bruce and Onomah were trying to direct him last week and he had totally given up closing down and generally chasing (which is all he is good for these days).

I used to think a poor referee could well be a hindrance to us and may cost us a win.

No need to worry about that these days as the manager and team are their own worst enemies.

I and my mate are abandoning our cars and going by train so that we can get pissed and ignore the result.

Aston Villa are at Villa Park with Norwich the visitors today, this will be a 3pm kick-off.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523393">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Manager Steve Bruce has confirmed that Mile Jedinak could make a return this weekend as we look to get our season underway.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523395">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I can't, for the life of me, see the return of all of the Injured making a ha'perth worth of a difference.
What we need is a game plan.