Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar | Page 14 | Vital Football

Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar

Prem sides will definitely come in for JL....hope we have the commitment and bollox to hold onto him

I do worry about how good we'd be without lolley. Not taking anything away from some excellent attacking performances across the pitch, but Lolley is on another level

Re Lolley, I think most premiership teams will feel he needs to do what he is doing over a season, not 10 games before parting with Money. Forest do not need to be cashing in. Osborn more likely to go as he is stalling on a contract thus on bench (plus Lolley form).

Villa play WBA, Leeds and Boro next three games so will be interesting to see how they play and if they can do the same away from home.

Forest on the other hand have on paper easier fixtures but Figi is out for three, Dawson may need a break, Yacob took a couple of knocks and he may not shake them off in three days and I think Colback had a yellow which may mean he has to miss a game (those ITK will know if that is correct). Different team v Tractor boys.

Personally I feel Pants is on his last life. His kicking has been atrocious all season, he is increasingly rooted to his goal line and now he has stopped saving shots. We could have played with no goalkeeper and still only let 5 in.

I actually think we'd survive without Lolley, although he would obviously be a big loss. But he's our player. If he goes, you'd expect the money to be extremely decent, and invested properly back into the team we would be alright.

Re Lolley, I think most premiership teams will feel he needs to do what he is doing over a season, not 10 games before parting with Money. Forest do not need to be cashing in. Osborn more likely to go as he is stalling on a contract thus on bench (plus Lolley form).

Villa play WBA, Leeds and Boro next three games so will be interesting to see how they play and if they can do the same away from home.

Forest on the other hand have on paper easier fixtures but Figi is out for three, Dawson may need a break, Yacob took a couple of knocks and he may not shake them off in three days and I think Colback had a yellow which may mean he has to miss a game (those ITK will know if that is correct). Different team v Tractor boys.

Personally I feel Pants is on his last life. His kicking has been atrocious all season, he is increasingly rooted to his goal line and now he has stopped saving shots. We could have played with no goalkeeper and still only let 5 in.

The risk of appealing the red card, is that it get's extended a further game, I recall Billy doing this - so that player could feature in a game, knowing that they'd miss another afterwards.

So - appeal and Figs can play Saturday, hoping that Fox back the week after?

(On a side note - it'll be interesting to see what the FA do with Bradley Johnson's biting incident!)

Colback has already served a 1 game ban for 5 bookings - so he is fine for weekend.

Lolley, Watson, Carvalho & Fix on 4 bookings but cut off point for suspension is this Friday.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...nsions/clubdiscipline?league=31&club=10558600

Decent website for info on suspensions!

Keep watching the penalty incident ……….still cannot understand why Robinson a FULLBACK is making that tackle .
That boy must be fookin braindead

Fine margins Whatters - he was inches away from the ball, but that is always a dangerous ploy in the box.... should have stayed on his feet, but Bolasie is a bag of tricks.

Same with Figgy - whilst red card was harsh, he is prone to making rash challenges and didn't need to make that tackle where he did.

Hopefully, a learning curve for both!

I actually think we'd survive without Lolley, although he would obviously be a big loss. But he's our player. If he goes, you'd expect the money to be extremely decent, and invested properly back into the team we would be alright.

The other aspect is that he was an EPL player with Huddersfield, who shone in the Championship but didn't in the Prem - hence, how we secured his services (& Hefele's) at such a reasonable price.

Lolley is loving his footy and unless we are talking daft money, then I cannot see him leaving or being allowed to leave - to sit on Watford's bench.

Yep, he had a bit of a shocker. I still can't understand for the life of me why pantilimon is being singled out. I cant see how any of the goals were is fault

Yep, he had a bit of a shocker. I still can't understand for the life of me why pantilimon is being singled out. I cant see how any of the goals were is fault

Pants is too slow. Just watch his movement. Doesn’t seem sufficiently flexible to me.

Looking at highlights one could believe that Pants wasn't to blame on any of the goals. First cross Bolasie makes deep to Kodja is on the edge of six yard box. Darikwa has to take it as Pants is glued to line. Every cross (and there was a very high number in the game, sure Boffin has the number on his finger tips) is targeting the 6 yard line, not the penalty spot. Pants stays on his line for all of them. Thus Abrahams is able to have the run and jump on a standing Dawson for first goal and for the remainder of the game. It looks as if Abrahams and Kodja can out jump the Forest backline but they are running and jumping towards the ball whilst our defenders did a great job in six yard box from standing starts. Whats the point of a 6'8" goalkeeper if he doesn't use that advantage.

He hasn't come for anything since the game at the City Ground when he came for a ball on edge of penalty area, spilt it and it cost us a goal. Can't remember the game but he took a bit of stick for gifting a couple of chances that game.

If a team knows a keeper commands his six yard box and further towards penalty spot then they have to cross to players further out which then becomes more difficult to score directly. It also means defenders can defend cross 3 yards further out. Catch the first cross and it alters the mentality of crossers.
Can guarantee Ipswich will be putting the ball on 6 yard line. Fortunately for Forest they don't have an Abrahams in Suffolk but it will still be a problem for CD's.