Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar | Vital Football

Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Tonights Match Sponsor:

103_364464811.jpg

Brinsley Fish Bar – Battering Sausages since 1982

Villa have turned their form around since Smith's appointment as manager and will pose a tough test for Karanka's Super Reds. Smith will be hoping for another three points when Forest visit Villa Park tonight.

Fresh from the victory over rivals Birmingham City, Smith will be eager for the run to continue. What Smith is forgetting is Brums season has pretty rapidly gone to shit after a promising start. Villa have though won four of Smith's first six games in charge and confidence is returning to Villa Park, I am sure we all agree that this will be a tough test for us.

On the game, Smith said: "I always see games against the big teams as opportunities. The same with any game really (thick pseud). But what's pleasing me the most is that the players now also see them as opportunities, too. They're looking forward to the games, I can see that.

"We've now won three games on the spin. This group knows how to win games, they did it enough last season and were unfortunate at the last hurdle.

"We will just have to keep the run going. I said it before, under Steve (Bruce), this team were good here. Not many teams came to Villa Park and beat Villa so let's hope that will continue."

He has a few walking wounded so might have to patch up Villa for the mighty reds. Villa emerged victorious from their turf war against Birmingham City at Villa Park, but it was not without some battle scars

There's little respite with this Championship malarkey and yet they're clear favourites at 10/11 with us at 18/5. I think that’s got to be worth a score chaps.

Rainbow laces will be on show during the encounter, with corner flags and social media channels also having rainbow design schemes for the match. AC and Red David will be providing half time entertainment in Trap 2s glory hole to celebrate this wonderful occasion.

The Reds have clocked up six games unbeaten on the road and will look to make it seven against Dean Smith's side and maintain our push for the top six. After showing control and quality against Hull, we should go into this with a great deal of confidence. What I have noticed about Karankas teams this season, is that we play better against good opposition, it’s the shitty teams we seemed to have struggled against (I can’t back that up with facts, its just how I feel) but on Saturday we shook the shit out of that one and controlled 90 mins of football.

We are hard to beat and I don’t think we have anything to fear. This is a very winnable game.

Weather is shit, its November what do you expect

My prediction 1-2 win

Tough game tonight. Had us down for 1-1 in the prediction league and see no reason to change it.

Villa had a good solid defence when they old-manned us last season but I don’t think they have the personnel to do that again.

We have enough about us to score against them but can we keep it tight enough at the back?

I would say the Dawz, Figz, Yacz and Colz quartet are the best defensive quad in the league. I would question if we have the attacking quality from the break as we no doubt will sit deep and be pinned in. The full backs really need to push up tonight to support the break. Its going to be either dull as shit or a cracker in my opinion

Good one again Apollyon, think you might have the knack. I've got Villa marked for promotion so it's a good game to win or even take a point. If I was over there it's a match I'd want to see.

:thumbup:

Is this game attracting any television coverage? I would presume not as a CL night but worth asking.

I watched a couple of games on my tablet whilst in the states recently and worked fine, plus you get the Radio Nottm commentary.

Might be worth a go. Can you pay per game or is it a 'season ticket'? I think my mate paid for the season but not sure how well that would work for me as I regularly work late and at weekends being a business owner so would struggle to catch all of the games whereas my mate is a teacher and therefore allergic to work.

Never been to Villa before, will be there quite early where do the away fans drink pre match?

Might be worth a go. Can you pay per game or is it a 'season ticket'? I think my mate paid for the season but not sure how well that would work for me as I regularly work late and at weekends being a business owner so would struggle to catch all of the games whereas my mate is a teacher and therefore allergic to work.
Think you either pay for the season or pay a monthly amount. Don't think you can pay per game. Think i only paid £45 for the season.

A win tonight would be lovely. After last night's results, we have the chance to close within 4 points of the top, but crucially open a 5 point gap back to QPR in 8th. We could also leapfrog derby or west brom to get into the top 6. So potentially tonight could see the top end of the table start to break away from the chasing pack. Let's hope we stay with the front runners.