Villa v Derby County, Saturday 28th April, 3pm kick off | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa v Derby County, Saturday 28th April, 3pm kick off

I’ll stick with my usual ‘seat’ where I get to stand for 90 minutes, never liked the Doug Ellis stand tbh anyway. I’m quite surprised this has sold out with pretty much nothing riding on it, wouldn’t be surprised to see the play off home leg sold out obviously.

I’ll stick with my usual ‘seat’ where I get to stand for 90 minutes, never liked the Doug Ellis stand tbh anyway. I’m quite surprised this has sold out with pretty much nothing riding on it, wouldn’t be surprised to see the play off home leg sold out obviously.
I wasnt going to come up for this one for the reason you state, but it got the better of me as time went bye.
Changed my mind too late to get my usual seat at the back of k4, so am stuck in the Witton end.
I think the full house is probably down to people who dont go very often trying to get booking history for the final, should we get there.

1987-88 season average attendances.
Villa 18000
The shit 8000
Stripey twats 10000
Spurs 25000
Arsenal 29000
Newcastle 22000
Man utd 39000
Plop 39000
Leicester 10000

How times have changed. With 2 games to go we had no chance in 88 as Bradford were the form team.

This Saturday will be the first last home game in ages I will stay and applaud the players during the "lap of honour" , they actually deserve it this year

Well it's the last normal home game so I assumed they would .
Doing a lap after the play off home leg might be brilliant of course , or not so we must consider

I have tickets to see foreigner at the Town Hall on the date of the home leg of the play offs and have decided I'm going to the gig and will await the score.

The are doing a minutes applause at 20 mins 17 seconds and calling it "Holtenders in the sky" for Villa fans who have died during the season and putting their pictures up on the screen.

My Dad will be amongst them , so it will be a bit emotional for myself and Sir Dennis jnr.

The booking history thing is what I’ve said to a few people, I can’t see any other reason why this would sell out when there’s another home game to come. Told my one mate months ago (Who was asking after a Wembley ticket back in February!) that all he had to do was go to one match between then and the end of the season for booking history, guessing he’s one of them!

Thanks Den , will be a fitting moment and a poignant one for many of us. My ex of 10 years a massive villa fan left us in January at just 46. She will be watching over with all the other Holte Enders In The Sky

No probs mate. I haven't spoken to Lee is ages but he's a good lad. As said if you explain you only learnt tonight about the deadline on Vital Villa I'm sure if he can swing it he will. No guarantees obviously but he's the kind of chap who'd try in my humble.

So results like that happen. It's just part and parcel and pointless dwelling on.

The thing that will stop us going up is our start to the season. 7 points in 7 games. None of the teams around us have had a run like that all season.

Well you could argue Fulham did to a degree, they were 15th after 20 games 17 points behind Cardiff in second. It's all the one in my book, the start of the season, the failure to take the initiative after playing Wolves off the park plus all the other lost points here and there.

Its not like we're talking about having a 22 game unbeaten streak either. You change 3 games we lost to a win and two draws, that would put us a point above Cardiff. To be fair to most teams I'd imagine they're all saying the same thing to different degree, the relegation battle and the battle for 5th and 6th is all the same.

Even though I brought it up to be fair it isnt as simple as a couple of games. Its about the approach over the season and you're right its not about some of the odd results its about collective mistakes. I should know my best mate missed a peno on the last day that would have won us the league and you could see a lot of lads giving him the look like it was all on him. Took my dad to give it to everyone straight, 'you didn't come second because of that miss, what about those games in January and February or when all of you showed up hungover for that 3-0 thrashing'. 'He had the bollocks to step up and take the penalty, he's scored how many this year? And you're gona look at him like he's fucked up their entire season in one moment? We should have the league wrapped up with 5 games to go'.