Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 77 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

Think we're showing a few signs of end-of-season exhaustion. Players you'd expect to be in thick of it on Saturday weren't. Today we didn't move the ball well enough. But we were still good enough and deserved to go through.

Wondered if Jack is still carrying a bit of a knock. Steer, Hourihane, El Ghazi and Elmo were good throughout. Green isn't doing it; he has the pace to frighten defenders but he doesn't seem to have the confidence to use it.

Whatever, off to Wembley! Again! Hope the lads recover by then.

The beeb again - unbelievable .......

It might have been a different story if Albion had stayed at 11 men, given what a force they had been when roared on from even before kick-off by their raucous home support.
I've never actually seen such shit from the BBC before. They must have picked WBA fans for coverage tonight or journalists (sic) who cover the Baggies so want to stay relevant for the years ahead.

Fucking shambles.

Yeah Green is the latest conundrum for me. Poor and anonymous really and crossing was woeful.

I know he's not the finished product and he has plenty of development to do, but we've seen better. It's like he was trying to save himself maybe but then never realised having saved his energy he should actually try and do something with it.

Part of the development curve I guess - Smith said himself it was his scoring that brought him back from Portsmouth - but he was used as a sub there given his injury.

Yeah Green is the latest conundrum for me. Poor and anonymous really and crossing was woeful.

I know he's not the finished product and he has plenty of development to do, but we've seen better. It's like he was trying to save himself maybe but then never realised having saved his energy he should actually try and do something with it.

Part of the development curve I guess - Smith said himself it was his scoring that brought him back from Portsmouth - but he was used as a sub there given his injury.
His replacement or starter can’t hit a barn door from 12 yards, tough choice

Ooooooooooh yyyyyyeeeeesssss !!!!!!!!!.
Christ I have never felt sick with nerves like it, parked up in a deserted spanish car sales place in the middle of nowhere, coz i was too nervous to drive. Then, when Tammy did it, I went running around going berzerk !, god knows if they had security on.

Thank god for that, always knew it would be like that, thats why i havent posted. Its a semi final, its a local derby, it was never going to be pretty, it was never going to be easy.

But a win for the good guys.

I would be livid if I was an Albion fan, we were nowhere near our best over 210 minutes, we were probably there for the taking, even at 10 men, bit they chose to put all men behind the ball and defend. 1st half extra time, we had 91% posession, how do they deserve success with 9% possesion.

Anyway, who sodding cares what happened, who played well, who didnt.

We won - and we are going to Wemberleeeee !!!!!!!!!

Jeus I was shaking and crying with relief at the end. Head in hands, walked out the back at various stages of the game. I couldn't watch during the penalties. I just went on the noise before I opened my eyes. OMG when Tammi scored I erupted.

Took me ages to calm down. My palace supporting mate rung me, and she had to do the talking as I was shaking so much I couldn't get my words out properly. I had a bad feeling going into the match tonight. Thank God that bad feeling must have been something I ate! Ha

Steer the new hero: who would have thought it a year ago when we lost at Wembley and Johnstone went across to the dark side and most of us were devastated about that.

Who would have thought it would have been one of our own, homegrown, who saved the day with those two wonder saves.

Sweet Caroline, Good times never seemed so good... oops sorry been listening to the live stream in the dressing room on FB of the team

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Oh My God - all those trips to smethwick in the seventies and eighties and a few later, the unforgettable LC Replay against Wrexham in August '71, all those memories. The unforgettable games at Villa Park against smethwick, like April '81, this just means so much.