Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away) | Page 78 | Vital Football

Villa v Baggies Play Off Semi-Final Thread (home and away)

My Palace mate asked me tonight if I seen what that Baggie stewart did after the match. Did anyone else clock it? I was too busy recovering. Apparently Mings went into the crowd to his family (which granted he shouldn't have done) and the steward really man handled him back out, not once but twice shoving him over the boardings the 2nd time back on to the pitch. Bad losers

Green is a bit of a strange one. He appears good when coming on as a sub but virtually a passenger when starting. I would play Kodija left and ElGhazi on the right at Wembley. Deano are you listening?
Green still needs a couple years of experience and development it looks like to me. He is too lightweight and ineffective with the final ball.

I still think, although he looks off it compared to last year, Adomah is our best option to start on the right wing with the option to bring Green or Kodjia off the bench as the game progresses

I am in Spain but I CANNOT wait to listen to the WM phone in tomorrow night and listen to them all moaning. I suppose they will say they were cheated again.

94% posession in extra time, 9 shots to nil, 6 corners to nil.

Now tgat is embarrassing !

My Palace mate asked me tonight if I seen what that Baggie stewart did after the match. Did anyone else clock it? I was too busy recovering. Apparently Mings went into the crowd to his family (which granted he shouldn't have done) and the steward really man handled him back out, not once but twice shoving him over the boardings the 2nd time back on to the pitch. Bad losers

Yeah saw that KK, Mings didn't care, he had a big smile on his face!

Right, everyone, get a grip.

We were always going to win this, so why the panic you bunch of....

Stop acting up like toddlers eh!

200.webp

For those who were hiding behind the settee like me - Here is the full penalty shoot out.

Notice at the start Jed giving the eye!

Nice TH - but I have to say the sly commentators were just biased tripe .... and yes Jed didn't half spook Holgate - he was really in his face, giving him the eyes. I am not sure I have ever seen that in over 50 years

We had FA Cup Semi win v Bolton in 2000 & League Cup v Sunderland in 2009, which we also won. I think they are the most recent before tonight.

Of course, how could I forget the FA semi final win, Big Dion and all that. And yeah, wasn't the Sunderland shootout the one where Guzan made a bunch of saves? We thought he was a top keeper then!

McGrath that was a horrible stressful watch for us older folk. We were very lucky vs a plucky unskilled baggies. Very very lucky. But we still have this belief, embodied by Jedi's peno. Last years hurt will spur us on at wemberlee wemberlee. Well done Villa.

Brilliant job by Dean Smith to turn this season around and then some.

Well got back half an hour a go , and no way am I sleeping for a while that was the most tense game I have ever seen

Had a lot of possession but barely did anything with it and the attacking 5 were poor around the box , to slow and formulaic , and it turned into a spell in the second half where it looked like the wheels were coming off. Luckily another moment of indiscipline from their most experienced player turned the game our way again and Johnstones save from Albert was an absolute worldie. Still we should have scored against 10 men but really struggled to get behind or through them and when we did the crossing was awful.

Great stuff by Jed , two great saves from the penalties especially the second on and to be fair we took 4 very decent pens ourselves , but Albert what were you doing.

Got to have a special mention for the ref. Was put under a lot of pressure by their fans and players and succumbed to it and let the crowd ref the match . Clear foul on Mings in the build up to their goal and was far to lax with his cards for some poor challenges by theit hatchet men.

Great scenes at the end and Wembley here we come.

By God they have a collection of hatchet 'men'. But as they say, history has a habit of repeating itself and a previous assault on a certain Alex Cropley will never ever be forgotten. I feel that Johansen & Rhyming slang were just out of order. As much as it hurts to say - I thought Hegazy was rather a problem

Just checking in to say how thrilled, relieved, happy, etc. I am!!! And how elated I am for all of the Vital Villans!

That was a crazy, intense couple of hours. I couldn’t watch the penalties. Had to have my son tell me what was happening.

I told myself to drop off all the social media sites for a while. But I couldn’t resist stopping by here to celebrate. (And to catch sirdennis’s verdict on the ref!)

Best wishes to everyone.

On to Wembley...

McGrath that was a horrible stressful watch for us older folk. We were very lucky vs a plucky unskilled baggies. Very very lucky. But we still have this belief, embodied by Jedi's peno. Last years hurt will spur us on at wemberlee wemberlee. Well done Villa.

Brilliant job by Dean Smith to turn this season around and then some.

I think every minute of the 210 minutes showed we still have a long way to go no matter what league we are in. We are ineffectual down the flanks, lack penetration through the middle and weak in transition when pressed effectively.

El Ghazi is the only option down the wings, its hard to say you wouldnt sign Tammy up if the option presented itself but he didn't hold it up at all tonight and play out from the back was almost completely stopped.

It's not something that is usually said but the team with less possession controlled the game. We didn't threaten them except for the Adomah chance.

I had to go to work not long before the game started so had it on the radio and listened to it in work (Didn’t really wanna use what time off I have left to watch on tv), gosh havent been that nervous where Villa is concerned in a long time! Have since seen the highlights, what a save Johnstone made at the end (Another season in the championship for him ?) and what scenes as the winning penalty went in, nice for all those travelling fans to experience such a moment after all those away trips this season. Haven’t been able to wipe the smile off my face all night and the excitement has kept me wide awake for once. Have enjoyed winding my mates up a treat on WhatsApp, great reaching Wembley on their patch. Roll on bank holiday Monday, biggest dilemma for the day is what shirt do I wear ?

We didn't particularly play well again but semi final, local Derby, away from home was never going to be easy. We are through and that's all that matters for now.