Villa away to Blues match thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa away to Blues match thread

Posted some of this in the match thread but it probably belongs here.

As regards the Hurricane, when he plays like that that consistently, I'll believe that he's the real deal. Pleased for the lad, because he does not deserve to be abused, but I would have McGinn in for him next week personally. High tempo physical games are not his forte.

One swallow does not a summer make.

At the back, feel sorry for Tommy E, have always felt he was slated a little unfairly in the past, and he was just settling into a consistent run of performances. Given that Axel's return to the club is imminent, yesterday might have been his last game for the club. Hope the injury is not too serious.

Defensively, is next week too soon for Axel? If so, then Hause to centre back and Taylor left back with Albert covering him for me. Early yesterday morning, I think a combination of alcohol and euphoria led pvb1968 to suggest Jedi at centre back to keep Hause at left back - given his disastrous return the other week, that's a no no for me.

As regards goalkeepers, it's looking like we may have thrown a few million away for little or no improvement in Kalinic and Nyland. Steer deserves to keep the shirt.

Whoever plays, convincing performances and wins at the Sty and against Judas at Forest, would set us up perfectly for an improbable tilt at the final playoff spot.

With The 1975 - the band of the moment, we couldn't could we........ To paraphrase the words of Sir Ron, "Do you want to bet against us?"

And finally, to misquote our Blue neighbours. "Wipe that snot off the end of your nose, wipe that snot off you nose".

COYVB :guns::utv:

Think Smith said Axel is pencilled in for a return after the international break Northampton. Back to Bodymoor this week then stepping up fitness over the next few weeks. Pity, after the injury to Elphick we could have done with him but 'lucky' and 'Villa' aren't two words that can often be used together. With regards to injuries this season we've been remarkably unlucky.......again!

Agreed. They all adapt nowadays.

I like to see a manager change and adapt to suit the game. And interestingly the same was being said on WM by wolves fans about Nuno's selection yesterday which reflected them playing Cardiff . The point being they expected a different selection next time even though it worked yesterday .

A tweak here and there doesn't hurt. It's part and parcel. Screw what the player thinks, the club is bigger than any individual. And for the above reasons I think SJM for Connor suits this game .

And further to what I put earlier . Regardless of the blues result I would change the midfield again for Boro.

So blues it would be Whelan, SJM, Jack.
Boro it would be drop Whelan and therefore Connor, SJM , Jack.
Reason being away at Boro they didn't and won't press . They are a Pulis side .
Connor will do a better job than Whelan like he did away at Boro before Xmas.

And that's what I mean when I say tweaking and adapting to suit the particular game.

Well according to my Blue Nose mate they usually sit deep and try to hit teams on the counter, so I'm not sure about all this pressing stuff people are on about. Personally I've only seen them play once all season, when they came to VP, so I'm just taking his word for it

Well according to my Blue Nose mate they usually sit deep and try to hit teams on the counter, so I'm not sure about all this pressing stuff people are on about. Personally I've only seen them play once all season, when they came to VP, so I'm just taking his word for it

Maybe.

But it will still be 100mph type game, they always are. We need strength and tackling ability in the middle more than any other game this season

Blues have a good chance of buggering themselves up as they won't have Garry Gardner so in this instance his loan and not been able to play may be good for us.

They are set up to counter attack. Probably why their away form is better.
If we get our game management set up accordingly we have a good chance

Reactions: OVB
Aston Villa has announced that any supporters attending the game at the Sty this forthcoming Sunday are now able to purchase or hire from the club shop contamination suites for protection against any diseases that are currently prevalent in and around the ground.

View attachment 31618
Also, Domestos on special offer at Tesco on Aston Lane, buy one get two free on production of a match ticket for the Sty.
Get in while stocks last?

I haven't been there since 1993.first visit 1985. The one thing that sticks in my mind was what an utter shit hole I thought it was and I mean that sincerely.

It took Small Heath about 10 seconds to clatter Super Jack at our place and I reckon they will try to beat that on Sunday. I hope we get a strong ref that will give him some protection , because that's the only way they will stop him.

Yep I can see some career threatening assaults on Jack.
Yes we need a strong referee who will need eyes in the back of his head

It took Small Heath about 10 seconds to clatter Super Jack at our place and I reckon they will try to beat that on Sunday. I hope we get a strong ref that will give him some protection , because that's the only way they will stop him.

Agree.......unfortunately as we all know the words 'strong' and 'referee' in the Championship rarely go together...'weak', 'inconsistent' and 'shite' are more apt.....! We haven't had Jeremy Simpson for a while......:eek!:

What a shame that the brainless knuckle heads can't behave themselves and we have to get stuck with the midday Sunday kick-off slot every game.

Unlike the Sheffield derby tonight which was an evening kick off under the lights with a cracking atmosphere.

We have the likes of Mings , Whelan, Hause, etc.
What a shame that the brainless knuckle heads can't behave themselves and we have to get stuck with the midday Sunday kick-off slot every game.

Unlike the Sheffield derby tonight which was an evening kick off under the lights with a cracking atmosphere.
They are a shithouse of a club with sub-prime brain dead followers . Their very existence is based on watching us fail rather than their own success.

Yep I can see some career threatening assaults on Jack.
Yes we need a strong referee who will need eyes in the back of his head
I thought all referees eyes were in the back of their heads - I suggest we play
Rimmer, Gidman, McGrath,Mellberg,Staunton, Mortimer,McMahon,Cropley,Platt,Gray & Morley with Teale,Keown,Curtis,Withe amongst the subs
SOTC

We have the likes of Mings , Whelan, Hause, etc.
They are a shithouse of a club with sub-prime brain dead followers . Their very existence is based on watching us fail rather than their own success.

I meant the small minority of both fans really.

Although. Just seen stuff being thrown on the pitch at Hillsborough during the game so their fixture might get looked at but nothing as stupid as what happens outside at villa v blues though.