Villa at Elland Road, Friday 1st December | Vital Football

Villa at Elland Road, Friday 1st December

It should be a good game. We are in form and Leeds are coming back into form.

A win there on Friday would go a long way to showing how serious a promotion contender we really are. I'd take a point but we have nothing to fear. Very much looking forward to this one.

1-1 for me, although as you say BBJ, we could well nick it.

:94:

TV game under the lights with a full house. Going to be a bit tasty this one.

I will be delighted with a draw .

We have sold out for this (nearly 3,000) for a Friday night. I can't wait.

The only ground out of the 92 I have swore I will never go back tk. I detest the vulgar club and vulgar fans.5 times in 40 years I have got mixed up in bad crowd trouble and 4 of them was against these !.

Lucky I will be watching from a bar in Spain - no doubt their fans will even cause trouble there !.

On the pitch - if we come out with a point I will be more than happy. 3 and I will be about as over the moon as you could possibly get.

Kn reality a draw eould be a great result but we could be faced with getting 29 points out of 39 and be even further behind the top 2 from when we started - how heartbreaking would that be ?.

I will go for a 1 - 1 draw but I think thats claret and blue specs talking really. In my heart, I think thus is a loss

Leeds fans - f*****g ... however you want to finish off that phrase in a derogatory fashion is fine with me. Nothing but bad memories of their visits to Villa Park. I remember a good old fashioned song that fitted with them .... If you all hate *****, all hate *****, all hate *****, clap your hands. This was always followed by prolonged hand clapping, wonder why. F.O.L.

Another one I’ve never been to so looking forward to another new ground and good atmosphere Friday! It might be old and whatever like Loftus Road but prefer them like that to nice, shiny, soulless and in a retail park or something. Be happy to take a 1-1 which’ll give us a little to cheer about.

Another over night stay for me which will be my fourth this season this championship is draining my bank balance.But not a bad night out is Leeds hard to predict how this one will go.
Word of warning to anyone if this is your first visit to Elland Road make sure you know whether you are upper or lower tier and if you are lower tier do not attempt to climb the stairs from the bar area as it looks like that is the only way into the arena but it's not.There is a little entrance to the right of the stairs which is hard to spot from the bar and last season there was almost carnage trying to get in and tempers were rising because the police and stewards were fucking useless they didn't have a clue how to handle a big away following.

For anyone interested Brentford and Boro go on sale tonight Brentford is class proper old school and standing.
Sirdennis you must be close to meeting the criteria 8

I’m in the lower tier, don’t they have a specific bar for away supporters? Howard’s bar or something I think? Would definitely like to go Brentford for some old school English terracing.

There's a bar for away supporters forgot what it's called it's a fair walk from the ground you have to go under the bridge and keep walking.Myself I drink round the town and just get a taxi to the ground if you are going on the train there's few bars outside the station plus there is a wetherspoons on the station.After the game there are free buses laid on that take you back into town.

Apparently at the ground itself there is a dedicated away supporters bar, I haven’t been so don’t know for sure. Definitely not getting the train up, prices were absolute extortion! Getting on a supporters club bus for the first time, should be a laugh.

Toughie.

Would be massively impressed if we win again.

One of those that is difficult to call either way.

Which bus you going on one of Goughy's that's the bar I'm on about by the ground but it's a fair walk from the ground

gator - 27/11/2017 10:32

For anyone interested Brentford and Boro go on sale tonight Brentford is class proper old school and standing.

Yes we have informed Mrs Sir Denis that we are going to every game now as it is the promotion season.

Going Friday and to Derby and that will take us to 7 , but due to family stuff and the fact they moved the kick off , now can't go to Brentford.

Edited my last post to say ‘definitely not getting the train’ was at least £50 one way, ridiculous. I think they are called NWIAVSC, I was hoping to go with longbridge lions nearer to me but it don’t look like they’re running a coach. Using the train for derby as it’s only a short ride and then a short walk to the ground with some good pubs by the station.

sirdennis - 27/11/2017 12:12

Yes we have informed Mrs Sir Denis that we are going to every game now as it is the promotion season.

Going Friday and to Derby and that will take us to 7 , but due to family stuff and the fact they moved the kick off , now can't go to Brentford.
You should still get ya Brentford tickets though to top ya refs up you will flog them no problem Tom B would have one off ya I reckon

VillaTomB38 - 27/11/2017 12:18

Edited my last post to say ‘definitely not getting the train’ was at least £50 one way, ridiculous. I think they are called NWIAVSC, I was hoping to go with longbridge lions nearer to me but it don’t look like they’re running a coach. Using the train for derby as it’s only a short ride and then a short walk to the ground with some good pubs by the station.
Yes mate the trains are way ott pricewise sometimes I get the train to home games which costs me around £110 return

Most football people have disliked this club and its supporters from the 60's onwards until this day.

At the time Don Revie maximised this strong dislike that people had for Leeds United Football Club into his player's heads telling them that everyone hates us so bollocks to them and go out and show them and make them hate us some more. That Revie team in the 70's was one of the dirtiest, kicking teams I've ever seen with the Holte End and all other teams chanting how much they hate them and they feed off the hate!

Leeds fans had the same idea and I saw some really nasty, prolonged fights over the years particularly around Villa Park where no prisoners were taken. Even now some of the biggest gob-shytes on twitter etc are still the Leeds keyboard warriors.

Our defence worries me against the speed of how they attack however they have a suspect defence so if we can keep it tight at the back we could well go on to win by the odd away goal.

Good luck to the Villa boys.

gator - 27/11/2017 12:38

sirdennis - 27/11/2017 12:12

You should still get ya Brentford tickets though to top ya refs up you will flog them no problem Tom B would have one off ya I reckon

Yes good idea. I think I will do that.