Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment)

Pathetic comments.

We are at WWIII with this virus at the moment. Drastic and restrictive measures were introduced during WWII and then withdrawn when safe to do so.

I personally don't want to take a flight, package holiday, eat in a restaurant, sit on a train, stand at a bar close to a non vaccinated person.

The whole Orwellian phobia is grossly exaggerated since at the start of the welfare state just after WWII everyone was given and everyone since a national insurance number so successive governments have had data on us.

The possible real concern of Big Brother access into our lives comes from the Internet giants, social media usage, shopping habits (loyalty cards and online ordering)

I am sure that some operative at GCHQ or the Pentagon or the FSB in Moscow or in Beijing can very easily compile a file on me and shake their heads sadly to read that I support Gillingham rather than Man U or Barca.

I am very happy as a caring and responsible citizen to carry proof of vaccination and show it as required.

Not a lot of thinking going on there phil lol. I assume many of those warning of hitler received the same comments.

We are not where we were in the past. The technology now is so far advanced that it is easier to do.

Yes the big tech giants do have all of the data but it is passed to the security services daily. It is a legal requirement already that every phone call, email and text are stored and passed to them as well.

Orwellian phobia lol, its here already and of course no country has moved quickly into a totalitarian state in history and politicians are lovely people.

The stasi in the GDR managed it without computers even. If we were where we are now in the thirties then not one jew would have escaped the Nazi death camps or Stalins purges or Moa's cultural revolution, etc.

Just because you dont think its even a small concern at all does not mean it does not exist at all. Maybe you can guarantee that our governments will be benign forever, worked well for mankind so far has it not lol.

Not a lot of thinking going on there phil lol. I assume many of those warning of hitler received the same comments.

We are not where we were in the past. The technology now is so far advanced that it is easier to do.

Yes the big tech giants do have all of the data but it is passed to the security services daily. It is a legal requirement already that every phone call, email and text are stored and passed to them as well.

Orwellian phobia lol, its here already and of course no country has moved quickly into a totalitarian state in history and politicians are lovely people.

The stasi in the GDR managed it without computers even. If we were where we are now in the thirties then not one jew would have escaped the Nazi death camps or Stalins purges or Moa's cultural revolution, etc.

Just because you dont think its even a small concern at all does not mean it does not exist at all. Maybe you can guarantee that our governments will be benign forever, worked well for mankind so far has it not lol.

I don't know what you get up to in life Jerry, but if a government were to follow what I got up to on a daily basis, they'd fall asleep through boredom! lol

I understand that many London pubs are going to require advance bookings for the 12th and it's becoming increasing difficult to get one. In many cases you can only get a maximum 2 hour time slot.

I have just managed to get an advance booking from 12.00 onwards :wahey:
I've never known you to make so many posts on one thread Rotherhithe. If I didn't know you better I would think you were really looking forward to the pubs opening 😂😂

Why are you bothered, if you've had the jab?
The jabs aren't 100% effective for everyone. Also, people who are not vaccinated are more likely to carry the disease which could well be a mutated version and deem your vaccination less effective.

It's why I think international travel is gonna be a while off. No point taking the risk of undoing the work of our vaccination program to let us go sit in the sun somewhere with the chance of bringing a mutation back onto our shores.

Its strange how many still are travelling. Was it really necessary for Charles and Camilla to do a formal visit to Greece ?

Even the non holiday travel has loop holes you can drive a bus through.

For a party that wanted to take back control of our borders they are very porous

Yes, but you've got sensible government OSK (and as your PM is right wing I'm not claiming that only lefties can have the right approach).

We've got "Operation Moonshot" whatever the f### that's supposed to be.

As far as I’m concerned, the government is nailing it this time around (and I’m surprised anyone sensible is saying otherwise just because they don’t like the government and PM). We’ve clearly learnt lessons from cocking it up last year - lessons those in Europe clearly haven’t learnt with the flawed slow, reactive, inflexible joined up approach to the vaccine acquisition a d rollout and a lot of them opening up too early and not putting in place proper precautions to stop the new variants spreading.

To an extent, the government’s damned if it does, damned if it doesn’t. It was hammered last year for acting too slow and opening up too soon. And this year, I am hearing from a lot of lockdown sceptics and covid deniers criticism of the lockdowns, not opening up and bankrupting the economy. If anyone listens to TalkRADIO for 10 minutes, they’ll hear a whole raft of covid denial propaganda: “lockdowns don’t work”, “the reckless government is ruining the economy”,
“we just need to live with the virus just like we do with the flu” and the best of all constant reference to mental health and civil liberties being eroded from presenters and pundits who couldn’t usually give two hoots about mental health or civil liberties, but all of a sudden, it’s top of their agenda, as a front for the fact that they’re pissed off at not being able to go down the pub! The government’s slow sensible roadmap out of lockdown is spot on for me and the proof is in the pudding as that approach along with the successful vaccine rollout is driving our stats down, but we can’t be complacent as we need to keep those figures down and monitor things whilst slowly getting back to normal.

Australia and NZ are to an extent rightly held up as beacons of how to deal with the virus; however, I’m not sure that’s fully accurate. It’s very easy for them to lockdown as they have massively low density of populations and no fucker goes there are through there to get anywhere - unlike the UK, US and Europe which are massive trade centres, transport hubs and much more highly populated. They’ve effectively staved off the virus with tiny infection rates, which is good, but means that they have no spread of anti-bodies and that combined with their slow vaccination programmes means that there’s no chance of herd immunity or mass inoculation from the virus anytime soon. That means they’re either going to have to effectively lock themselves from the rest of the world for a long time or open up as the rest of the world does and risk the virus letting rip through a population with no immunity.

On the vaccine passports. I’m all for this as I think it’s not only safe but if done well it will help businesses and leisure open up quickly. It needs to be done quickly, properly and fairy though. I don’t think it’s fair to bring it in until everyone has had the chance of a vaccine, but when they have - mid/late summer, it’s a great idea to bring it in as pubs, beaches and entertainment venues open up inside and out and get packed in the summer holidays. That’s provided the government don’t cock it up like they did with track and trace (again, let’s hope lessons have been learned).

Enjoy your own company because you won’t be getting in many pubs.
All four pubs in my village are insisting on QR.
Anyone could boycott all four and drink elsewhere.
each to their own shotshy, never was a big drinker even in my youth.Not had a drink since jan 2019 personally. its the principle i am against not the vaccine. no doubt the qr code currently has people working on cracking it , so they can sell it for their gain. regarding the principal its the reason i nearly always pay cash for my shopping. plus the reward vouchers i recieved for my work were sold on at face value.

As far as I’m concerned, the government is nailing it this time around (and I’m surprised anyone sensible is saying otherwise just because they don’t like the government and PM). We’ve clearly learnt lessons from cocking it up last year - lessons those in Europe clearly haven’t learnt with the flawed slow, reactive, inflexible joined up approach to the vaccine acquisition a d rollout and a lot of them opening up too early and not putting in place proper precautions to stop the new variants spreading.

To an extent, the government’s damned if it does, damned if it doesn’t. It was hammered last year for acting too slow and opening up too soon. And this year, I am hearing from a lot of lockdown sceptics and covid deniers criticism of the lockdowns, not opening up and bankrupting the economy. If anyone listens to TalkRADIO for 10 minutes, they’ll hear a whole raft of covid denial propaganda: “lockdowns don’t work”, “the reckless government is ruining the economy”,
“we just need to live with the virus just like we do with the flu” and the best of all constant reference to mental health and civil liberties being eroded from presenters and pundits who couldn’t usually give two hoots about mental health or civil liberties, but all of a sudden, it’s top of their agenda, as a front for the fact that they’re pissed off at not being able to go down the pub! The government’s slow sensible roadmap out of lockdown is spot on for me and the proof is in the pudding as that approach along with the successful vaccine rollout is driving our stats down, but we can’t be complacent as we need to keep those figures down and monitor things whilst slowly getting back to normal.

Australia and NZ are to an extent rightly held up as beacons of how to deal with the virus; however, I’m not sure that’s fully accurate. It’s very easy for them to lockdown as they have massively low density of populations and no fucker goes there are through there to get anywhere - unlike the UK, US and Europe which are massive trade centres, transport hubs and much more highly populated. They’ve effectively staved off the virus with tiny infection rates, which is good, but means that they have no spread of anti-bodies and that combined with their slow vaccination programmes means that there’s no chance of herd immunity or mass inoculation from the virus anytime soon. That means they’re either going to have to effectively lock themselves from the rest of the world for a long time or open up as the rest of the world does and risk the virus letting rip through a population with no immunity.

On the vaccine passports. I’m all for this as I think it’s not only safe but if done well it will help businesses and leisure open up quickly. It needs to be done quickly, properly and fairy though. I don’t think it’s fair to bring it in until everyone has had the chance of a vaccine, but when they have - mid/late summer, it’s a great idea to bring it in as pubs, beaches and entertainment venues open up inside and out and get packed in the summer holidays. That’s provided the government don’t cock it up like they did with track and trace (again, let’s hope lessons have been learned).

There will actually be no reason at all to bring domestic vaccine passports in at all if the borders are controlled and the current rate of vaccination keeps going.
What happens if a new variant comes in and a booster is required, nobody allowed in anywhere until everyone has the booster?
If we have a really bad flu year then do we add that restriction without a vaccine?
Future virus?

Can of worms- we need to took at things long term and their unintended consequences.

With IT my experience in the field is that you introduce something for a limited need and then it is so easy to keep adding to it.

A vaccine passport when a person has had 2 jabs! That means the under 40’s who want to go to the pub will have to wait!

As far as I understand it, the "passport" isn't being introduced for pubs and restaurants, mainly mass events like football, concerts etc.
If you go into a hospital, you still have to wear a mask, sanitise and keep distance. With the passport at mass events or gatherings, this is harder to achieve, hence the need to prove vaccination.
Screenshot_20210404-125911_Sky News.jpg

It won’t happen with pubs for a load of months. Foreign travel is different.
Foreign travel is fair enough, after the criticism of Boris for shutting the borders too late, seems odd that people are now criticising for not opening them at a time when we're close to lifting lockdown and there are still "variants of concern", high infection rates and low vaccination rates amongst our close neighbours

Foreign travel is fair enough, after the criticism of Boris for shutting the borders too late, seems odd that people are now criticising for not opening them at a time when we're close to lifting lockdown and there are still "variants of concern", high infection rates and low vaccination rates amongst our close neighbours

Depends on the power of the Lobbyists.

International travel is the biggest enemy but we are being deflected about internal events when its a very small risk now that we have the vaccine.

I believe that the international travel industry will be open very soon with the reliance the different countries plus the uk have on tourism. The excuse will be that people need a holiday and the controls will be weak.

Having a vaccine passport for this type of travel is not unusual in the world so there is no issue what so ever. We just need to not be hoodwinked into believing the travel and internal vaccine passport is the same thing.

I thought the passport or app is not technically ready and available for a few months. The talk of traffic lights and such for travel is a consequence. Venues of every sort will inevitably make their own arrangements if only to reassure customers.

Are any of us bursting to visit Spain, France and Italy with the level of infections they have and the restrictions they are imposing. It is now not fashionable to criticise the PM but if he hadn't thought out loud and caught his own side on the hop we would not be having this conversation. With luck events will unfold and things will resolve themselves.

We were signing in and tapping in to venues last time so that's a non issue for me. Follow up to events and relaxations are complex and thorough and we appear to take heed now. With that in mind we must hope the Wembley event turns out well

Depends on the power of the Lobbyists.

International travel is the biggest enemy but we are being deflected about internal events when its a very small risk now that we have the vaccine.

I believe that the international travel industry will be open very soon with the reliance the different countries plus the uk have on tourism. The excuse will be that people need a holiday and the controls will be weak.

Having a vaccine passport for this type of travel is not unusual in the world so there is no issue what so ever. We just need to not be hoodwinked into believing the travel and internal vaccine passport is the same thing.
Yep. I'm wary of foreign travel being opened up even though I'd love to go abroad.

People seem to think holidays are banned. They are NOT. Just may not be able to go abroad this year. Compared to the sh#t we've been through and the risk of importing yet another variant why the f### risk everything just so the well off (like me) can have an extra treat. 1st world problem.

The other proposals/plans, such as they appear, seem ok and reasonably sensible.

Its strange how many still are travelling. Was it really necessary for Charles and Camilla to do a formal visit to Greece ?

Even the non holiday travel has loop holes you can drive a bus through.

For a party that wanted to take back control of our borders they are very porous
yes i agree mark. especially there is large achilles heel toour west. example you can travel through te schengen and enter ireland. straight through no check go to dublin then on aa train to belfast no check. by entering britain on that route the travel is now internal so no check there either

Yep. I'm wary of foreign travel being opened up even though I'd love to go abroad.

People seem to think holidays are banned. They are NOT. Just may not be able to go abroad this year. Compared to the sh#t we've been through and the risk of importing yet another variant why the f### risk everything just so the well off (like me) can have an extra treat. 1st world problem.

The other proposals/plans, such as they appear, seem ok and reasonably sensible.
I get what you're saying but if it can be done safely (2 vaccines, negative tests etc) I'm bang up for a bit of Lanzarote action. I know three people who have told me that I need to get my priorities right and stop worrying about a holiday. One who has worked from home for a year, one who's been on furlough for a year and my mum who is elderly and shielded for the first lockdown and has been in our bubble so not really noticed much change.
As I've pointed out to them, nothing has changed for me except having to work more than usual to cover people who have isolated for one reason or another (I've not isolated once) and had the extra stress of dodging the virus whilst travelling to and from London every day.
I work to live, not the other way round and my one thing I do overtime for is to pay for a couple of weeks rest and sunshine every year so for me it's a big deal.
My twice cancelled trip is due a third try on 25th June, if I can go I'm bloody going. Wearing a mask here or there doesn't bother me, I've got one on pretty much all day anyway and you don't need one lying by the pool or having a beer at the bar so that's 90% of the day sorted.
I know there are plenty of others on here who have worked through the whole thing, I wouldn't blame them for wanting a break.