Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment)

A healthy minority not been required on board for some years now. This is an opportunity to formalise things and make it nice and safe and easy, and profitable, for the gated. Question is: how big can that minority become before it becomes a threat.

yup
Chip, facial recognition and social credit accounts. It’s not beyond possibility.

probably a bigger long term issue on freedoms than the law bill.
these things are here now without any changes to the law. And all for our own good lol.

dont complain though or you will be part of the conspiracies and lets face it no future governments would use anything against the people (its never happened lol).

Nothing is hidden and can be found in the main stream media. Its here and i believe cannot be stopped.

i worked in a pharma lab doing excellent medical research with implanted chips.

I understand that many London pubs are going to require advance bookings for the 12th and it's becoming increasing difficult to get one. In many cases you can only get a maximum 2 hour time slot.

I have just managed to get an advance booking from 12.00 onwards :wahey:

All that's needed!!!! Of the 4 of us going to the pub, 2 don't have smart phones and one of the others that has he can't use it! For a smart phone to work properly, you do need a semi-smart operator ;)

So, those three will need to sign in on arrival.
That should take all of thirty seconds.
I can’t see what all the fuss is about.
It’s not like anyone would do a pub crawl during a world wide pandemic.
Certainly not anyone who has constantly complained about people not wearing masks on public transport.
That would just be irresponsible, wouldn’t it?

No pub crawl, just one pub. Don't think they will bothered too much, as it's only a small quiet pub.

However, busy pubs just can't see a paper sign in sign out book being practical (how many Micky Mouse's booking in) for track and trace.

Yes, will be wearing a mask when not at a table. Hope you will appreciate that.

A lot of the pubs and restaurants I delivered to in London before the last lockdown were very reluctant to have customers who didn't have the NHS app, for the very reason it was their responsibility to check they had people's right details. Also worth noting that a couple of pubs and restaurants around Sloane Square the police were very hot on closing times and checking everyone was out by 10pm, although this won't apply from the 12th. Feedback we've had as suppliers from pubs and restaurants is depending on how difficult they make the registering and the weather will determine how busy the uptake will be.

Assuming the person who scanned in remembers to scan out. My bet is a sizable chunk of people would forget to scan out making the QR code redundant.

But those who did wouldn't needlessly be contacted.

It's not perfect but it's better than we have today

I'm sure the actually requirement to isolate is based on Bluetooth data anyway so just being in the same bar wouldn't necessarily require isolation. The Bluetooth can detect whether you've been close enough for long enough to warrant it.
I had an alert saying that I'd been in the vicinity of someone who tested positive but that I wasn't required to isolate.
There's been a study that says about 50% of brits don't even know what the symptoms of covid19 are, even after it being rammed down our throats. That's the most worrying factor for me.

one big problem, only works if you have a mobile. any business that opts in to this runs the risk of going on the boycott list. i will not be bullied into wasting money on a device the government stalks you with.

one big problem, only works if you have a mobile. any business that opts in to this runs the risk of going on the boycott list. i will not be bullied into wasting money on a device the government stalks you with.
Enjoy your own company because you won’t be getting in many pubs.
All four pubs in my village are insisting on QR.
Anyone could boycott all four and drink elsewhere.

We'll see whether pubs will insist on it, and whether customers follow through on threats to boycott. Seems as if there is opposition of the passport from both sides of the house

Jerry, are you against track and trace during a pandemic?

i am not against any sensible and reversible moves during a health emergency.
the borders should have been locked immediately when the pandemic started with minimal exceptions. Social distancing and masks in shops is sensible.
mandatory vaccinations for hospital and care home workers.
beyond that is risk based.

the track and trace system is arguable as to its actual success rate. Would have preferred the money to have been given to local health authorities.

where are we now. Vaccinations are protecting the vulnerable already and all adults will have been offered a vaccination by the end of june and we are at mostly 95%takeup. Masks will probably be required still in shops. Foreign travel stopped or tested.

so exactly why are any access restrictions required at all after end june?

if there is a potential issue then is anything worse than the current situation where universities and schools are unrestricted and not vaccinated.

On average 20,000 people die of flu/pneumonia but we do not restrict access or test for that and that is only a 75% vaccine uptake rate.
The government advisors have said that we will manage covid as we do flu. Each year the vulnerable will be invited to take the annual updated flu and covid vaccine.

i am just against non intentionally sleepwalking into an orwellian future.

I'm sure the actually requirement to isolate is based on Bluetooth data anyway so just being in the same bar wouldn't necessarily require isolation. The Bluetooth can detect whether you've been close enough for long enough to warrant it.

That would be good but if so why do we need to scan in anyway. Surely they could use the same data to work out if you were there. The GPS data on phones is very accurate.

Just not sure why they can't stick an out QR code on the door going out.

That would be good but if so why do we need to scan in anyway. Surely they could use the same data to work out if you were there. The GPS data on phones is very accurate.

Just not sure why they can't stick an out QR code on the door going out.
I'm not 100% sure but assume it's so data can be gleaned re types of establishment that are causing most infection, if you log your positive test and it comes up with dozens more from similar venue types, the info could be used to take future action. I'm guessing it's where they get their data from when quoting supermarkets as an infection hotspot etc

i am not against any sensible and reversible moves during a health emergency.
the borders should have been locked immediately when the pandemic started with minimal exceptions. Social distancing and masks in shops is sensible.
mandatory vaccinations for hospital and care home workers.
beyond that is risk based.

the track and trace system is arguable as to its actual success rate. Would have preferred the money to have been given to local health authorities.

where are we now. Vaccinations are protecting the vulnerable already and all adults will have been offered a vaccination by the end of june and we are at mostly 95%takeup. Masks will probably be required still in shops. Foreign travel stopped or tested.

so exactly why are any access restrictions required at all after end june?

if there is a potential issue then is anything worse than the current situation where universities and schools are unrestricted and not vaccinated.

On average 20,000 people die of flu/pneumonia but we do not restrict access or test for that and that is only a 75% vaccine uptake rate.
The government advisors have said that we will manage covid as we do flu. Each year the vulnerable will be invited to take the annual updated flu and covid vaccine.

i am just against non intentionally sleepwalking into an orwellian future.
Pathetic comments.

We are at WWIII with this virus at the moment. Drastic and restrictive measures were introduced during WWII and then withdrawn when safe to do so.

I personally don't want to take a flight, package holiday, eat in a restaurant, sit on a train, stand at a bar close to a non vaccinated person.

The whole Orwellian phobia is grossly exaggerated since at the start of the welfare state just after WWII everyone was given and everyone since a national insurance number so successive governments have had data on us.

The possible real concern of Big Brother access into our lives comes from the Internet giants, social media usage, shopping habits (loyalty cards and online ordering)

I am sure that some operative at GCHQ or the Pentagon or the FSB in Moscow or in Beijing can very easily compile a file on me and shake their heads sadly to read that I support Gillingham rather than Man U or Barca.

I am very happy as a caring and responsible citizen to carry proof of vaccination and show it as required.