v Hearts . | Page 3 | Vital Football

v Hearts .

Merry Christmas to all you Bhoys and may the New Year be better than the last for all of us in Green. :emoticon:51 :emoticon:51 I'll be wearing my green Celtic Santa hat Christmas morning and raising a few glasses Christmas evening. Cheers mates!

Wish everyone and all your families a wonderful Christmas and I hope that all your dreams come true in the coming year. :emoticon:55 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:51

[img=http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=19]
Let the people sing

What are the chances the ex-Hibee will score against Hearts this weekend? I has a feeling......Griffiths will open his Celtic account this weekend!
Have to say it looks like Stokes and Griffiths could be a good partnership. I thought they would be too similar in style because Griffiths played outside the box a lot at Hibs but he seems to be a bit more of a focal point and Stokes is playing around him but both are equally happy to swap around. Simply having another striker up front seems to be helping as it is drawing defenders away and creating other spaces!

Interesting to read that Bahrudin Atajic (out on loan at Shreswbury) has been told his fitness level is not good enough. Having spoken with Celtic, he has now been placed on a pre-season fitness regime to bring him up to speed. Worrying to think we are sending players out on loan without their fitness levels being good enough, something must be wrong somewhere.
As the article mentions, this is not the first time that one of our loan players' fitness has been criticized, Tony Watt's fitness was questioned as well.

It begs the question, are the club preparing the youth players properly for the fitness levels of first team football?

In better news, Filip Twardzik made a scoring return for the U19s this evening with Celtic's 2nd goal against Hamilton in a 3-0 win! Twardzik has been out of action for 18 months after suffering groin and muscle injuries after having 3 operations on a hernia problem. He came on as a substitute after 52 mins and within 60 seconds, he had the ball in the back of the net! He picked the ball up on the half way line and made his way toward goal with the ball and fired it beyond the keeper.
Here's hoping he will be involved next season!

It appears we could have resigned Ledley, who wanted to stay in the Hoops. It was probably a better move to send hi out and get some money for him while we could and see what we can do with Boeriggter and Johansen. We'll all remember Ledley as a fine Celt.

CELTIC (4-4-2) Forster; Matthews, Ambrose, van Dijk, Mulgrew; Brown, Biton, Johansen, Commons; Stokes, Griffiths
Subs: Zaluska, Samaras, Boerrigter, Balde, Pukki, Fisher, Herron

Forster is the Great Wall!

Otherwise, it's been a decent match so far, especially considering we don't have 12 men on the pitch like they do.

Half time 0-0

We started very brightly and with some purpose. Had the vast majority of possession but we seemed to lower ourselves to hearts' level during the final quarter of that half.

Play to our strengths and we'll win this comfortably.

Pukki adds a second in the final minute :emoticon:01

13th consecutive clean sheet and 26th game undefeated in the league.

Fraser Forster breaks the Scottish league shut out record.

Outstanding achievement! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Good to see Pukki on the board. Griffiths and Stokes seem to work very well together. Maybe Lennon is crazy like a fox with the Griffiths signing.

Congrats to The Great Wall!!! Outstanding achievement!!! I honestly feel he is at the same level as Joe Hart and on his day, even better! He must be a shoe-in for the England squad, at least as number 2 to Hart purely because he has less International experience!

Griffiths goal was a really good finish, did well to control it but I thought he'd made a mess of it but he just worked himself enough space to get the shot and it was a really good strike! Griffiths and Stokes is looking like a good partnership, as the commentators said - you've Stokes and Commons coming short to create while Griffiths will play on the shoulder and try and get in behind. He'll also come and do little flicks to link the play as well though, always on the move. He's beginning to look like an inspired signing (early days yet though) and perhaps really has risen his game to that of the Celtic level....

I'm liking our midfield at the moment as well! Johansen and Biton are quite clever players with their positioning and can easily cover for the fullbacks or even the CBs when they go forward. Both quite strong, skillful and quick enough and both have an eye for a pass. Add that to the terrier like Broony and it looks a very balanced and talented midfield.

Glad Pukki got on the scoresheet again today as well. Balde was very wise and unselfish to pass instead of shoot and it was a lovely finish from the Finn. I think Balde and Pukki are now settling in to things at Celtic, but they need to play more if they are going to get better and they need to find a setup that suits them, inlcuding what partnership suits each of them best. Is Balde and Pukki the right partnership? Is Balde more suited to playing with Stokes and Pukki more suited to playing with Griffiths? Difficult to know until we see it on the pitch.

Griffiths' finish was terrific. He is a good partner for Stokes because he will get into the box, draw defenders and create opportunities for Stokes to either pass or shoot. That's why Lenny likes the together. The two of them can partner like Stokes did with Hooper.

As for Pukki and Balde, who knows where they fit or what the partnerships are. We really haven't seen enough of either one to know and PUkki has not really seized on many of the opportunities. We'll see, but Lenny has been good at figuring out where players fit to get the most of their ability.

Meanwhile, Samaras is in purgatory.

Latest Celtic News