USA chaos | Page 21 | Vital Football

USA chaos

I'm am not sure whether the impeachment will be successful, as like before the lawmakers are split along political party lines.

I'm am not sure whether the impeachment will be successful, as like before the lawmakers are split along political party lines.

That will be down to the mathematics not the over all sentiment.

Only 17 Republicans need to vote for impeachment and that is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

That will be down to the mathematics not the over all sentiment.

Only 17 Republicans need to vote for impeachment and that is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

It's far from clear that more than a dozen Republican senators would vote to convict him.
Some of the president’s critics in the party have not pulled their punches in recent days, not sure many have shown much public appetite for his impeachment, though.

We shall see.

It's far from clear that more than a dozen Republican senators would vote to convict him.
Some of the president’s critics in the party have not pulled their punches in recent days, not sure many have shown much public appetite for his impeachment, though.

We shall see.

Well no, its far more complex than that.

Some of the Republicans are die hard Trump supporters; others represent precincts that have a large majority of die hard Trump supporters, and Turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

However, some will represent marginal precincts and will have to gauge the feelings at home.

It was unthinkable that 10 Republicans in the Upper House would vote to impeach a Month ago but it happened.

And some Republican lawmakers are fearing for their lives if they vote the wrong way. Spineless, in the context of what has happened.

They are career politicians, this is their bag; they court the power they need to 'man-up' and do what they think is the 'right' thing.

This post was bought to you in association with 'Air-Quotes' Can be used whenever you feel.
Please go to www.airquotes.org.net for terms and conditions.

Well no, its far more complex than that.

Some of the Republicans are die hard Trump supporters; others represent precincts that have a large majority of die hard Trump supporters, and Turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

However, some will represent marginal precincts and will have to gauge the feelings at home.

It was unthinkable that 10 Republicans in the Upper House would vote to impeach a Month ago but it happened.
Trump has sailed the GOP on to the rocks. The rats are fleeing the ship but they will gather back together and regroup under a new flag. They have looked to be washed up in the past but they reform.

The Democrats have to (in my opinion) hold firm and demand that, Trump, the GOP and the hardcore of rightwing extremists that have brought the state of US politics to this point are accountable for the results of their actions. We are now at the point at which an armed insurrection attempted to overthrow the government, broke into the Capitol building ( and came within less than 2 minutes of capturing senators while a gallows was being erected outside)

At this stage in the history of American democracy the extremists should not be catered to. A section of Republicans and Republican apologists are bringing forth the argument of "appease the terrorists" arguing, as strett did, that there are 75 million Trump supporters, please don't upset them by making a political martyr of their figurehead and stamping down on the perpetrators and instigators of the attempted coup.

The numbers who voted for Trump are significant but there are vast numbers of non committed and politically naive supporters amongst them. Trump has galvanized a rabid base but there are millions of those who voted for him who don't know the difference between Trump, Biden or AOC in terms of policy and for the greater part don't give a shit one way or another. They will reform and congeal around whatever new core of the GOP forms itself into next.

That's why Trump and his instigators within and outside the GOP need hitting as hard as possible over the domestic, white power terrorism they have courted and seen brought to life. What happened in Washington last week needs to be vilified and prosecuted to the fullest extent that is possible. And any violent repercussions that come as a result of the right wing extremists not getting what they want needs to be stamped down with equal force as it would be if BLM were attempting to overthrow the government.

Appeasement in my opinion will not work, Trump and his cohorts were massive losers in the election. It is nominally a democracy and the Democrats and all "reasonable Republicans" should hold firm and condemn what happened and hold the instigators to account.

Just for shits and giggles, Trump should pardon Snowdon and Assange before next Wednesday.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered...Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right”

George Orwell.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-donald-trump-cameo-removed-from-home-alone-2
I kind of agree personally.

But then on the flip side, the film surely remains the intellectual property of its owners, to do with as they wish?

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered...Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right”

George Orwell.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-donald-trump-cameo-removed-from-home-alone-2
It's not "the party" here though. Orwell was calling out state authoritarianism. The calls here are for the removal of an unsightly blemish on celluloid history made by individuals on corporations? It's like an Ayan Rand / market place of ideas thing. I would have expected that you would be totally in favour?

Incidentally how do you feel about Disney whitewashing its own history by airbrushing the racist stereotypes from "Fantasia" or giving out warnings about racist imagery in some of its other movies?

It's not "the party" here though. Orwell was calling out state authoritarianism. The calls here are for the removal of an unsightly blemish on celluloid history made by individuals on corporations? It's like an Ayan Rand / market place of ideas thing. I would have expected that you would be totally in favour?

Incidentally how do you feel about Disney whitewashing its own history by airbrushing the racist stereotypes from "Fantasia" or giving out warnings about racist imagery in some of its other movies?

I'm against it, a note at the start should inform about different eras, etc. Viewer discretion yada yada

So how does the reconciliation of the sane millions of Republican voters happen?
Actions demonstrably needed to be taken, I can just see ones own foot being shot off.
Do you think the ‘sane millions’ don’t want to see him dealt with?