US Politics Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Sorry Heath, I still am giving benefit of doubt.

And believe me, if I believed for one moment he was mocking the disabled intentionally (as being a nasty heartless person) I would be jumping on this as well. However, Trump has been seen acting this way when describing people acting dumb, lying, covering stuff up, flustered, grovelling etc etc......its in his character. And we can find videos of such all over youtube from looooooooong ago.
If he was intentionally mocking a disabled reporter, then it would be a stand alone action, not a series of "character behaviour traits" when describing such actions.

The only thing making sense right now in this crazy world is Steve Bruce is our manager. I can't stop smiling .

[youtube=PX9reO3QnUA]

"You've got to see this guy"

No, he didn't see the guy at all. "YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS GUY"

What part of that can you misinterpret and claim he didn't know the reporter and hadn't seen him?

And the way his arm goes up and hand down is clearly mocking/mimicking

Arm / hand position compared here. Total coincidence? Come on.

[youtube=9hEQKqFgfAg]

I've changed my mind. This bloke is brilliant, something to aspire to and copy.

[youtube=37zvOZ17eSE]

Why would Trump lie, twice, about the event if he has nothing to cover up? And lets not forget, the whole speech was trying to cover up a bigger lie about seeing Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the street.

Support him, if you must, but at least support what he actually is, not what you want him to be.

Spot on. Just 'own it' if you like it.

Although a turnaround that quickly from not a good candidate to a great one is for sure baffling. Leads you to wonder if he started off no good and became better and better the worse he got with his offensive bile.

:175:

Do you realize if The U.S had a ''normal'' voting system and not the fcuked up they have now which isn't straightforward Hilary Clinton would today be President.

She won the popular vote. Just The U.S system doesn't work like ours

This link will explain it all

Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Donald Trump – but he still won the election

Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Donald Trump – but because of the electoral system, he won the presidency.

Clinton has become the fifth US presidential candidate to finish ahead of her rival in the popular vote, but to still lose the election overall.

As of 3pm GMT, Clinton had won 59,299,381 votes nationally. Trump, however, had only won 59,135,740 – 163,641 votes less than the Democratic candidate.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/09/hillary-clinton-actually-got-more-votes-than-donald-trump-but-he-still-won-the-election-6247216/#ixzz4PYY6Kopx

kefkat - 9/11/2016 23:13

Do you realize if The U.S had a ''normal'' voting system and not the fcuked up they have now which isn't straightforward Hilary Clinton would today be President.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Agree that the electoral college system is daft, but our system can also throw up equally odd results.

Most recent case being General Election 1951 - Labour won more votes than the Conservatives, yet the Conservatives won 26 more seats and a majority.

Not for me to criticise the voting system used by another country. All are flawed to one extent or another but everybody knows the system before they vote.

If you watch one video, this must be it; John Pilger...Brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Ho8OrBzig

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 10/11/2016 03:18

As I said, I've been watching Russian TV recently, and a friend of mine has been watching it for 20+ years. Putin is whipping the Russians into a frenzy. They think their is going to be a War. It's all tactics to distract them from how crap life is.

Since 2000 Putin has made it clear he wants to be considered a World power again. He has flexed hi muscles since.

I have no doubt the CIA were involved in Ukraine, but is military action, with 10,000 dead, really the response of a sane man?

I'd argue that it's an entirely predictable response from what the Russians perceive as a threat to their national security.

It's much like how we all knew that invading Afghanistan would bog the US down for decades in an unwinnable war. It's much like how anyone could have predicted that removing Gaddafi from power in Libya would create a power vacuum for Islamic terrorists to fill.

I'm not sure if the US is deliberately creating instability or they were correctly parodied by Team America as reckless and trigger happy.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 10/11/2016 16:26

As I said earlier, both sides are equally responsible. Unlike you, I do not support one side, or the other.

How do you get your Russian TV?

I don't watch Russian TV.

I don't support Putin either. If he was in the President of the only superpower in the world, he'd be out there starting wars left, right and centre too.

I was surprised by Russia's reaction to what seemed like a democratic decision so I did some research to try to understand the situation better and the result was, as usual, not quite how it was portrayed on the BBC.

I don't support the US's constant war mongering and bombing of hospitals and weddings. I don't support the Russia's bombing of weddings and hospitals either.

I think it would be better if war mongers were put in prison and the people who bomb hospitals and weddings were held accountable, regardless of their nationality.

kefkat - 10/11/2016 00:13

This link will explain it all

Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Donald Trump – but he still won the election

Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Donald Trump – but because of the electoral system, he won the presidency.

Clinton has become the fifth US presidential candidate to finish ahead of her rival in the popular vote, but to still lose the election overall.

As of 3pm GMT, Clinton had won 59,299,381 votes nationally. Trump, however, had only won 59,135,740 – 163,641 votes less than the Democratic candidate.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/09/hillary-clinton-actually-got-more-votes-than-donald-trump-but-he-still-won-the-election-6247216/#ixzz4PYY6Kopx

The system is designed to avoid the candidates concentraing on just NY, CA, TX and FL, the most populous parts of America. If they had a "one person one vote" direct election the rest of the US would be marginalised as these 4 states alone would carry the presidency (or at least such a huge number of votes as to make the remaining 46 states of little importance).

I agree that the electoral proces is not perfect but I've yet to find one that is. Besides, all candidates and, indeed, winners to date have accepted the system, you can only play by the rules that exist, you can't change them retrospectively. If people don't like it then they should campaign for change but Clinton doesn't seem to have ever made this a priority so, given her involvemment in high level US politics over the past decades I don't think she really has anything to complain about, and nor is she.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 10/11/2016 08:03

What's happened to this thread?

Is this Trump censorship already?

No idea, never seen it corrupt like that, how strange it corrupts like that in this thread though!

Will keep an eye on it.

Apologies whoever I deleted posts from, it was within the corrupted posts and I couldn't see all of the username, just my delete buttons.

From John Pilger on Twitter:

We've just witnessed a Jim Crow election.
This is the first presidential race since the #VotingRightsAct was demolished by SCOTUS.
The assault on Black and Latino voting rights in Ohio, North Carolina and Arizona was like nothing I've seen since 1965.
It's not just the vote that's suppressed, it's the news of the suppression.
The Democratic Party will shamelessly accept this apartheid result.
And since the media won't breathe a word about what really happened, we must.

There are a few news outlets carrying the story, villawill.

Taking away polling stations in predominantly black areas, making it more difficult to vote. Numbers are well down on 2012.

Shocking racism, even for the States.

So the final numbers for #ElectionDay are:

231,556,622 eligible voters

46.9% didn't vote
25.6% voted Clinton
25.5% voted Trump